Has your opinion of Slash and Duff changed since the NITL tour started?

2 hours ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

But all that barely mattered to the hordes of closeted teenagers who snapped up 'Contraband' the first day it went on sale. The fact is, they'd never heard anything quite as insurrectionist as Velvet Revolver before; to them, the quintets painstakingly cultivated brand of fuck-you debauchery was a brand new thing. For, as McKagan insists: "This is the first dangerous band that's come around in a while."

WHICH BRINGS ME NEATLY BACK AROUND TO GUNS N' ROSES, WHO WERE once described-as I mentioned earlier-as the most dangerous band in the world. McKagan grimaces: "Well I think it was me who actually originally said that, and I've been fucking kicking myself ever since."

So what sums up a 'dangerous' band?

"Kind of just a band that wears its heart on its sleeve," McKagan replies blandly. "We feed off the audience, and every night is going to be a different thing. Look, I've got a little story for you. Me and my wife, we have two small girls, and we employed an au pair who came from Guatemala. For some reason the au pair wanted to go see Nickelback, so I took her to one of their shows in Los Angeles... and I swear I couldn't last. I had to give her the cab fare home. I had to leave... "

Why was that?

"Because it was such fucking crap," McKagan groans. "I don't mean to dis the guys in Nickelback personally. After all, they found this little formula that enabled them to enjoy themselves, and to go on and play around the world. But to me it was really watered down and [sighs] boring. There was the band and the audience, but there was nothing connecting the two.

"So, a good rock’n’roll band, and a good rock ’n’ roll show, should involve a good amount of bruises and blood, and an outpouring of emotion. It should be something you leave behind with the attitude of: “Fuck, that’s something I’m never going to forget”. With us, there’s an element of: what’s going to happen next? Like it used to be with Guns N’ Roses"

I kind of think GnR now has become boring like he's accusing Nickelback of being. That last paragraph, no longer true.

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That just proves my point. Because he couldn't handle it. Couldn't handle his ale. 

I think Slash was drinking stronger stuff than 4.5% IPA. It's a shame these old Rockstars couldn't have a drinking competition for the 'Most Dangerous' title. Wouldn't that be entertaining 

33 minutes ago, WildStar said:

I think Slash was drinking stronger stuff than 4.5% IPA. 

Diesel is just trolling.

Here's a morbidly amusing quote I recently came over from when Slash decided to switch from Jack Daniels to vodka:

Slash: It's just that my tongue got black stripes on it. It’s a mix of the tobacco in cigarettes and the Jack, which has charcoal in it. That’s what was making these black stripes on my tongue. The first time I noticed it I was like, what the fuck! My teeth were really getting stained, too. Then I started drinking it with Coke, thinking that would help, but that didn’t work either. Then eventually I thought, fuck it, and Duff talked me into switching to vodka. Duff always drinks vodka. So then I started drinking vodka and my tongue returned to a normal colour and my teeth are clean again. [Mick Wall, GUNS N' ROSES: The Most Dangerous Band in the World, Sidgwick & Jackson, U.K. 1991, 1993; interview from October 1988].

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Diesel is just trolling.

Here's a morbidly amusing quote I recently came over from when Slash decided to switch from Jack Daniels to vodka:

Slash: It's just that my tongue got black stripes on it. It’s a mix of the tobacco in cigarettes and the Jack, which has charcoal in it. That’s what was making these black stripes on my tongue. The first time I noticed it I was like, what the fuck! My teeth were really getting stained, too. Then I started drinking it with Coke, thinking that would help, but that didn’t work either. Then eventually I thought, fuck it, and Duff talked me into switching to vodka. Duff always drinks vodka. So then I started drinking vodka and my tongue returned to a normal colour and my teeth are clean again. [Mick Wall, GUNS N' ROSES: The Most Dangerous Band in the World, Sidgwick & Jackson, U.K. 1991, 1993; interview from October 1988].

Who needs Toothpaste when you have Vodka 

• Haha 2