Rolling Stone rip into GNR for announcing the 14th leg of the reunion tour

11 hours ago, RONIN said:

I'm surprised Rolling Stone even gave a rat's ass about them enough to write that article. Whatever interest and momentum GnR had with the general public was squandered back in 2016/2017. The media didn't give two fucks about those demos leaking from Zutaut's locker. No one cares anymore. I bet 1/3 of this forum wouldn't even bother to download the new album for free at this point. Axl was the boy who cried wolf for the past 20 years. We moved on.

They'd probably license welcome to the jungle for a Care Bears movie than release a single note of new music.

Nah... everybody here will have whatever new album they (possibly) release, even the ones that have repeatedly declared how "done" they are with the band

21 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

You think Axl reads Rolling Stone? No one in that entourage is sending him that link 

Someone animate steam coming from current Axls ears. 

Axl needs to read that article because I guarantee this us the first they have heard of people not being overwhelmed with the news of more touring. We should really be thankful because we could complain forever and we would never have the impact that, that RS article would. Not expecting gnr to postpone touring and release an album! but hopefully they at least formulate a plan for concrete release plans.

Edited by Tom2112

The new album is going to be way stranger than CD if it consists of CD era songs, reworked or not, with new songs, or a blend of both. I'm okay with that, I like bands who evolve. I'll take anything at this point, I'm just really hoping they keep Bucket on some material on the new album.

"The new album"... LOL does anyone in their right mind believe there is going to be a new album at this point? They don't have to. They've proven that. Slash and Duff can still do their solo stuff, while still touring on this cash cow. 

9 hours ago, Sweersa said:

The new album is going to be way stranger than CD if it consists of CD era songs, reworked or not, with new songs, or a blend of both. I'm okay with that, I like bands who evolve. I'll take anything at this point, I'm just really hoping they keep Bucket on some material on the new album.

The guitars are going to be re-recorded, I think that's pretty clear from how he approached the the Chinese material live. Kiss buckets recordings goodbye, his ideas might still be there in some capacity though, even if it's Slash and Richard reinterpreting them!

I say that not knowing for sure, but it's an educated guess, considering everything we know about Slash! also, the record company will want an album that features Slash heavily. If a new record came out and Slash is playing 2nd fiddle for 50% of it to a guitar player that hasn't been in GNR since 2004, that doesn't make any sense to record label and it doesn't make sense to any fans outside of the forum.

• Like 3

On 04/02/2020 at 8:12 PM, sofine11 said:

That's the thing. This article is validation for those of us who have been utterly disappointed with the lack of movement on the new music front, despite their assurances that's what would come next after the fall tour, or that the first show of the "THE NEXT CHAPTER" was the same f*cking show we've seen for 4 years now.  

Fernando, Axl, and Jarmo would love to believe that way of thinking is limited to a handful of hardcore fans on the forums. This article shows otherwise. And we know how much they love this type of press. 

Jarmo now gets mentioned in the same breath as Axl & Fernando. What a legend 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if people continue to go and support it, can you really blame the band for keeping on the road? I mean seriously, they got offered a stadium tour, how do you say no? Maybe if the venues got smaller, and they were playing theaters or something, you could maybe push them into trying some new material rather than rehash the same thing for 5 straight years.

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy said:

Well, if people continue to go and support it, can you really blame the band for keeping on the road? I mean seriously, they got offered a stadium tour, how do you say no? Maybe if the venues got smaller, and they were playing theaters or something, you could maybe push them into trying some new material rather than rehash the same thing for 5 straight years.

I think that they could be touring as they have been however with at the very least something new - if not an album then a single or two.  So for me it isn't neccesarily even the touring repeat market stops that makes me shake my head, but the fact that in 4 years they still haven't done anything to change it up for not only the crowds but for themselves as artists

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Axl should do a solo acoustic piano tour (maybe with Fortus and Reese, for example) and play ballads and covers. Perhaps singing with his lower range. Reinvent himself a bit.

I would pay a decent amount to see/hear that.

When I saw them 2010 this was exactly the thought I had after he performed "This I Love" (he actually nailed the song back then). The pit was dead silent, open mouths, some people were crying, even the band looked at each other and they were like like "Wow...!" and people on the upper seats gave standing ovations in the middle of the song. Goosebumps all over the place.

I think when Axl is not running around like a freakin animal all the time trying to connect he can still sing like a motherfucker and be a true maestro. I'd pay good money and travel long distances to see one of those solo shows.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Axl should do a solo acoustic piano tour (maybe with Fortus and Reese, for example) and play ballads and covers. Perhaps singing with his lower range. Reinvent himself a bit.

This. Or do whatever else he wants. Anything, be it a film score or just 90s industrial/grunge with Billy Corgan and Trent Reznor. 

It seems to me that he can't disconnect from the band after the battle for the name and all the drama that followed. He truly should try to reinvent himself and be more open to be judged by what he actually make and on his own name. 

But I don't think he even would try to play while singing any other song in the piano live. Even This I Love he didnt bothered to try.  

• Like 2

On 2/16/2020 at 9:24 AM, jekylhyde said:

Agreed, I would want to go see that too.

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Isn't that the current GN'R line-up now, Jarmo, Fernando and Rose?

You forgot Del James.

4 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

It seems to me that he can't disconnect from the band after the battle for the name and all the drama that followed. He truly should try to reinvent himself and be more open to be judged by what he actually make and on his own name. 

I agree with you but I think that ship has sailed unfortunately.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

If only he would just go all in as with AC/DC for just one GNR leg. Slash is stealing the show now, but in reality Axl was the one who kept the band and its spirit alive all the time.

If what you would call RIR 2011 and bridge school keeping the spirit alive i would prefer he ended the band. Between 11 and 14  he put the GNR name into the dirt. Those years were not what GNR meant to me.

• Like 2

I don't know about others, but probably for the first time in my life as a GNR fan I'm just getting bored now. I can't imagine how how the band must feel, playing the same songs all the time- it must take its toll on them. Regardless of what fans want, you'd think they'd want to switch things about just for their own sanity. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I don't know about others, but probably for the first time in my life as a GNR fan I'm just getting bored now. I can't imagine how how the band must feel, playing the same songs all the time- it must take its toll on them. Regardless of what fans want, you'd think they'd want to switch things about just for their own sanity. 

I've thought about that too. I cannot believe that Axl isn't bored to tears playing the same songs in nearly the same order for decades. 

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I've thought about that too. I cannot believe that Axl isn't bored to tears playing the same songs in nearly the same order for decades. 

You would think they would resort to a more random setlist after a while? God only knows I'd do a more UYI style setlist, whatever the band was feeling at the time. Not running through the motions.. that's the least Axl/rock star thing I can think of

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

You would think they would resort to a more random setlist after a while? God only knows I'd do a more UYI style setlist, whatever the band was feeling at the time. Not running through the motions.. that's the least Axl/rock star thing I can think of

The stage lighting, videos and fireworks are all set to a timer and the drummer has to play to a click track to make sure it’s timed right, the stage show is too organised to swap around 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Higson95 said:

The stage lighting, videos and fireworks are all set to a timer and the drummer has to play to a click track to make sure it’s timed right, the stage show is too organised to swap around 

Might as well use playback to make it perfect.

I'm so glad I got to see them when they were still playing CONCERTS and not performing a live animation for video screens. When I want to see a movie I got to the cinema and when I want a pyro show I go to a Rammstein show.

Somebody please slap any pre-2011 show right in their stupid faces. Like all those lineups through the years or not, but at least that was always real rock concerts with the focus on the music and not distracting from it.