Your opinion of GN'R in 2020 (Poll)

What do you think of GnR as a band in 2020?  

237 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I never would have thought Guns N' Roses would still be active in 2020. That's 35 years since they started. That alone is pretty awesome even if it had just become a touring, nostalgia act. Most bands pack it up long before this. But then there is also the case of the band having lots of unreleased music that will hopefully come out at some time in addition to the current lineup having worked on new music, so it has potential to be even better.

It is far away from a best-case scenario, but heaps better than what I would have considered a realistic scenario. So yeah, I am happy.

(Obviously, I am not much bothered about all the drama, lack of transparency regarding future plans, the merch, how corporate it has become, it simply doesn't matter to me.) 

• Like 4

I can hardly rate GN'Rs year 2020 when it has just started. I wait for the tour first and judge it at the end of the year. I have seen Guns N' Roses 3 times and if I experience the same show again, just singing worse, I will call it absoluty garbage.

Edited by t-p-d-a

There have been past years where I’ve been disappointed in things about the band in regards to live shows and no new music etc. but this year so far has taken it to a new level for me. 

Firstly, the promise was, well, as much as what Slash has said in interviews - the focus after the NITL tour was to be the new album. Now he’s said it’s all too hard, and a bunch of new live shows have been announced instead, and still no confirmation of the new album.

Then from the first show in Miami, we have probably the worst singing from an unrehearsed Axl who can’t even sing in time to his own songs (Dead Horse intro, and the November Rain outro particularly bad) to an out of time Frank (You Could Be Mine intro absolute mess) to Fortus not playing Izzy’s parts properly (to be fair though, he never did), to Slash going through the motions and noodling every solo. I’m beginning to really, and I mean really, hate this band.

If they do actually release new music this year, and it’s good, I might be back on board. But as it stands, I’m embarrassed to be a fan of GN’R.

And the thing is, I know a few other really big fans of the band, who are very much feeling the same way as I am. Isn’t it sad. 

Edited by metallex78
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

My thoughts too, tho I doubt it’ll happen, sadly.

When I decipher the situation we have in front of us and going by the knowledge of what we are led to believe from various sources over the years as what truly has prevented Axl from releasing music (A Slash-less Guns N' Roses), I still hold hope, somehow. 

The tour speaks for itself. We're frustrated as fuck as it's in it's 5th year and with little change along the way, but for them to conquer the world multiple times and sell out most of the stadiums they've played in and found themselves in the top 3 highest grossing tours of all time must be extremely pleasing, not just for the bank balance, but to come together and find out if they were able to mend broken relationships and see if they were still able to go out and play together. Slash and Duff are creative people. Opinions differ on the quality of their creative produce, but even still, they are creative. It's natural progression to capitalise on this success with new material and Axl was incredibly productive with them the first time around, there is no reason why it can't happen again. They have it in them to make a killer record. The beauty of it is, Axl is already sat on a wealth of what I truly believe will be great music, so why not get working on what is available and go on another big cycle? At this point, I'd like to think a lot of the recording has been done, but who knows?

It really sickens me when I think about it, especially the fact that at this point in my life I'm still slightly hopeful of what the future may bring for this band. I just hope that the time we have from now til the next tour dates, something - whether it be information or anything - happens. 

Slash, Duff and Axl look more and more like their Funko Pops as the days go by. Just plastic characters.

I dont say this lightly but Melissa Reese is my favourite aspect of the band in 2020.

There was a time when I could only listen to Slash play for so long before Id have to turn it off and play my own guitar. He inspired me so much. Now I see Richard and get inspired to eat healthy and work out. Thats the extent of the inspiration they bring me these days.

That said, its Guns N' Fuckin' Roses! Them existing as a shadow of their former self is still infinitely better than 99% of rock bands ever.

• Like 1

Sad situation, mostly like most of the time except 2016-17, and the Axl/DC thing.

I'm not even angry with the band anymore because, it is really hard to explain but is just like they've lost their souls. I see and hear the live performances and there's nothing remotely alive on stage. The sound is plain, like a bunch of guys tired of everything who just don't want to be there...

I don't know, is hard to imagine what's inside their heads and hearts. I can deal with Axl's voice, but can't deal with the lack of blood running through their hearts, mostly because that kind of passion is what made me a fan, over everything else.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Panda2 said:

I want back the classic 2000' lineup

Buckethead_jk02.jpg

It’s funny how back in 2000 everyone was saying they wanted the AFD/UYI lineups back, and ridiculed Bucket and Robin for looking “too ridiculous.” Guess we don’t know what we got ‘til it’s gone.

It’s just like Starwars. Everyone used to ridicule George Lucas and the prequels, but now everyone says the prequels were good and wishes Lucas would come back.

• Like 2

Axl is the greatest "diva"  that ever existed and he makes Mariah Carey look like a monk.

There isn't any band in history specifically the lead singer who treats their fans with such ignorance and contempt.

Absolutely disgraceful.

They could have been up with the Stones but for the egomaniac wrecking ball redheaded recluse.

This tour will be the last as we just ask he release something new in the way of material.

Put a fork in the NITL tour they are done.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, metallex78 said:

There have been past years where I’ve been disappointed in things about the band in regards to live shows and no new music etc. but this year so far has taken it to a new level for me. 

Firstly, the promise was, well, as much as what Slash has said in interviews - the focus after the NITL tour was to be the new album. Now he’s said it’s all too hard, and a bunch of new live shows have been announced instead, and still no confirmation of the new album.

Then from the first show in Miami, we have probably the worst singing from an unrehearsed Axl who can’t even sing in time to his own songs (Dead Horse intro, and the November Rain outro particularly bad) to an out of time Frank (You Could Be Mine intro absolute mess) to Fortus not playing Izzy’s parts properly (to be fair though, he never did), to Slash going through the motions and noodling every solo. I’m beginning to really, and I mean really, hate this band.

If they do actually release new music this year, and it’s good, I might be back on board. But as it stands, I’m embarrassed to be a fan of GN’R.

And the thing is, I know a few other really big fans of the band, who are very much feeling the same way as I am. Isn’t it sad. 

+1 & Thank you. That's exactly how I feel as well.

4 hours ago, jackparker123 said:

All will be good as soon as we get a new song / EP / album announcement!

If that doesn't happen by May 20th all hope is lost for 2020.

Dude seriously you still have hope? I'm amazed by the level of your optimism! 

10 minutes ago, gunnermatt2004 said:

Axl is the greatest "diva"  that ever existed and he makes Mariah Carey look like a monk.

Axl has always been acting like a jerk and or "diva" as you call it. the diff. is the 90s Diva was still a productive Diva.

The current Diva is a broken Diva who can't even sing + being on anti-depressants prescribed by this cult leader called Beta.

Some might consider my comments rude but believe me Axl deserves all the shit-storm of criticism and bully he receives from hardcore fans 'cause he never gave shit. He just kept blaming heaven and earth and every fucking individual for his failures.

Even Rolling Stone Mag doesn't take him serious anymore lol

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1