Travelling thread

Dangelus

57 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Funny you should mention that because I've just brought the little one to see her grandparents over half term while the wife has buggered off to France for the week. :lol: She flew out to Marseille yesterday and she's spending a couple of days there then Paris for a couple of days tomorrow and a couple of days in London on the way back. I'm in Teesside. :(:lol: Doesn't bother me at all. I get to spend some time with Jr. and see a few friends while I'm home and she gets to practice her French and spend a full day at The Louvre which would bore the arse off me. :lol:   

My wife and kid left to spend half term with granny and ive been on the piss all day but i miss them loads. I've changed my screensaver of my boys photo all day cos I can't decide which one I love more.

Im doing press ups in the living room at the moment. Listening to Judas Priest 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

My wife and kid left to spend half term with granny and ive been on the piss all day but i miss them loads. I've changed my screensaver of my boys photo all day cos I can't decide which one I love more.

Im doing press ups in the living room at the moment. Listening to Judas Priest 😂😂😂

I'm sitting in my undies drinking Stella and playing XBox. :lol: 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

I've had Toxicity on earlier now The Hives. I'm thinking of ringing her mum and changing the fucking locks 😄

You've got toxicity and hives and she's only been gone 5 minutes you mucky Taff bastard! :lol:  

Just now, spunko12345 said:

Yeah but It was The Strokes before that so all she's got to worry about when she gets home is The White Stripes on her nan's wedding dress

Unless you're listening to The Strokes second album in which case you're in big trouble. :lol: 

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I never fuckin' got on with any of those bands y'know, dunno why.  They've all got a couple of good songs to em here and there but I don't understand any of the hype.

that first Strokes album though... pretty good retro shit right there. The right combination of influences, sufficient amount of influences as well and it was a very nice blend

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

that first Strokes album though... pretty good retro shit right there. The right combination of influences, sufficient amount of influences as well and it was a very nice blend

I liked Last Nite.  And New York City Cops.  That whole generation came off like a bunch of posh boys to me.

Edited by Len Cnut

• 4 months later...

Anyone else been making travel plans for when Covid is finally over? My holiday plans went up in smoke earlier this year but Im hoping to get to USA next year, so get your shit together America :lol:

I hate flying, and I can't drive, so I've been looking at travelling USA by train. Its a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. $120 for a train from Florida to New York. $200 for a train from New York to LA. Not sure exactly where I wanna go yet, but I could see so much more of the country going by train.

• 2 weeks later...

If your looking too book flights Wizz from LTN with out doubt BUY WIZZ FLEX its extra £10GBP each way this allows you too CHANGE DATES FOR FREE ALSO CANCEL FOR FREE FULL REFUND with no questions asked its amazing tool & both EZY & RAIR don't have this option too buy so if we cant travel nx year ull not loose anything.

I had BRS too TFS booked for end June was cancelled so booked it for nx year it's a Bday thing.

As for Spain 55 beaches in the south have been closed it's like the sun don't shine any where else lols 

Let's not start a debate on airlines cos they all hit & miss really 

Edited by Gavin82
  • Like 1

On 07/07/2020 at 4:59 PM, Graeme said:

What has capitalism come to when people are now seriously buying something called "wizz flex"?

Well you may be well off enough too be happy too loose a few hundred quid on flights if you cant travel or the sake of a £10 you can get a full refund or postpone your dates 

I know what I'd do 

54 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Well you may be well off enough too be happy too loose a few hundred quid on flights if you cant travel or the sake of a £10 you can get a full refund or postpone your dates 

I know what I'd do 

I'm not suggesting it's in any way daft to buy it, I'm just saying that the name is ridiculous :lol: .

On 6/26/2020 at 8:46 AM, downliner said:

Anyone else been making travel plans for when Covid is finally over? My holiday plans went up in smoke earlier this year but Im hoping to get to USA next year, so get your shit together America :lol:

I hate flying, and I can't drive, so I've been looking at travelling USA by train. Its a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. $120 for a train from Florida to New York. $200 for a train from New York to LA. Not sure exactly where I wanna go yet, but I could see so much more of the country going by train.

Krakow still booked for October. Your guess is as good as mine whether it happens.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Krakow still booked for October. Your guess is as good as mine whether it happens.

Your obviously going too the Camps? I went 2 year ago something everyone should do.

Also worth a visit is Gdansk / Sopot in the very far north we got the over night train from Krakow too Sopot.

I'm not taking a risk of planning a big trip now. Maybe a citytrip to a city nearby this summer or fall. I've never been to Copenhagen or Hamburg and that should be doable by train. I always plan citytrips last minute anyway, usually a few weeks beforehand.

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Your obviously going too the Camps? I went 2 year ago something everyone should do.

Also worth a visit is Gdansk / Sopot in the very far north we got the over night train from Krakow too Sopot.

I hope not indefinitely!

I am in two minds about Auschwitz. I know everybody should visit, but this year has been utter cack and I need cheering up. I haven't decided. I will visit the Schindler factory.

8 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm not taking a risk of planning a big trip now. Maybe a citytrip to a city nearby this summer or fall. I've never been to Copenhagen or Hamburg and that should be doable by train. I always plan citytrips last minute anyway, usually a few weeks beforehand.

Copenhagen take your best CC all them countrys are extremely expensive but always worth the visit

Hamburg is half the price of Copenhagen as in spending money wise

1 minute ago, Gavin82 said:

Copenhagen take your best CC all them countrys are extremely expensive but always worth the visit

Hamburg is half the price of Copenhagen as in spending money wise

When I'm travelling alone I usually don't spend more than ten euros a day, unless I visit a museum. During a city trip I spend most of the time walking around and admiring the architecture and that doesn't cost much, plus I don't like to eat at a restaurant when I'm alone.

• Like 1