Nightrain Fanzine?

estrangedtwat

Remember zines?  Homemade magazines made with a copier and distributed to friends or suckers that would pay a few bucks for an issue?

Apparently someone was making a GNR zine for a while.

Just found this listing for sale in Japan....

https://item.mercari.com/jp/m18161103549/?_s=U2FsdGVkX19BShvGfli0fhZMzY8aACyFwXrmZu7aBM8nHNEDN-3SbkmxRpEQ0oM7ZVN5QLG5jitDpDplmqQP5dCfgjPGm9s922-TWF-f-qHbWml49MWLhqAqpKCguFIj

Is this something anyone would be interested in?

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Remember zines?  Homemade magazines made with a copier and distributed to friends or suckers that would pay a few bucks for an issue?

Apparently someone was making a GNR zine for a while.

Just found this listing for sale in Japan....

https://item.mercari.com/jp/m18161103549/?_s=U2FsdGVkX19BShvGfli0fhZMzY8aACyFwXrmZu7aBM8nHNEDN-3SbkmxRpEQ0oM7ZVN5QLG5jitDpDplmqQP5dCfgjPGm9s922-TWF-f-qHbWml49MWLhqAqpKCguFIj

Is this something anyone would be interested in?

I was a sucker that bought at least 1 copy. It was a UK version I got. I still have it. My edition is from the Chinese era and mentions VR too. 

2500 Yen is about £17.50. 

The "sucker" remark was just for the zines I remember being foisted on ME back in high school and college.   Some kid with a smudgy black inked manifesto about communism and punk rock and stuff like that....stuff I had no interest in.   I'm sure I'd have picked these up back in the day since there was ZERO news from the Guns camp from about 1993 to 1999.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2020-02-15 at 6:54 AM, estrangedtwat said:

Some kid with a smudgy black inked manifesto about communism and punk rock and stuff like that....stuff I had no interest in.  

These were usually the people who made fanzines.

And as mentioned, essential reading for news on some regions back in the day and usually a labour of love. 

Edited by Powderfinger