Video Footage of Marquee stint in 87

53 minutes ago, Steve1899 said:

The first Marquee night is definitely incomplete but I don't know anymore how much I recorded. The second is complete with a lot of other footage from that night. Same goes for the Hammersmith.

I do understand that. But I'm in my 50s and I don't see the point why someone would do this. I'm not asking for money and a few minutes of fame in a forum is not really giving me anything haha.

You are lucky….there is a really toxic side to GNR fandom which can make the forums a pain at times (the less you know of it the better 🤣) and it still surprises me what lengths some people go to for attention! FWIW I believe you and can’t wait to see this stuff in time. 👍

Edited by DTJ80

1 hour ago, Steve1899 said:

The first Marquee night is definitely incomplete but I don't know anymore how much I recorded. The second is complete with a lot of other footage from that night. Same goes for the Hammersmith.

I do understand that. But I'm in my 50s and I don't see the point why someone would do this. I'm not asking for money and a few minutes of fame in a forum is not really giving me anything haha.

that's awesome, please share this with us, you're a hero for still having it saved

17 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Are you still in the London area? 

5 hours ago, Steve1899 said:

Yes

I'm in Greenwich, can definitely help out if you need a way to digitise this footage. I don't have much experience but this cannot go to waste :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve1899 said:

Yes

Don't get me wrong but I didn't think that there would be replies that fast. Also I have other things to do. But it's fine when you don't believe me and want to wait until there is footage to show.

As I said I didn't check the tapes since like 30 years. They were stored up well, so they should be fine. It's Video8 tapes by the way, no VHS. I never transferred them.

I’m not knocking you, just us fans have seen others come on before claiming they had this and nothing shows up. 

i, like others here, would love to see that footage and hope to see it soon

cheers!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Steve1899 said:

. If Guns N Roses wants those tapes to use them somehow, feel free to contact me and I'll give you copies for free. The gigs I will share as I was allowed back then to film and those are my private recordings. I can't choose a favourite gig as all of them were great for different reasons.

If  Guns N' Roses management ends up with these tapes they will own them and hide them in a vault forever, make them available for the fans

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FRANSAD said:

Please stick with Lim666 he is without any doubt the most experienced guy for proper transfers and has all the right equipment to get the most out of it.

Works for me! As long as @Steve1899is kind enough to share the footage once sorted, would absolutely love to see it.

34 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

Works for me! As long as @Steve1899is kind enough to share the footage once sorted, would absolutely love to see it.

Ooh it wasn't my intention to cut you off or something, it's just the fact that it takes a lot more than an easycap dongle to do it properly. 
Your looking at roughly 1k worth of equipment to pull it off and finding the best known vhs decks these days is even harder than releasing new music for a certain band  

Edited by FRANSAD
  • Haha 2

Don't trust so called "professional companies". They're doing it just for money, not for the love of the band.

Hope this all will turn out as described! 

Peace out!

Limulus

Edited by Lim666
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lim666 said:

Don't trust so called "professional companies". They're doing it just for money, not for the love of the band.

Peace out!

Limulus

I don't know anything about transferring tapes and have never used the company before (they're called Transfer House: https://www.transferhouse.co.uk/), just offering to help since I randomly happen to be so close :)I actually live hundreds of miles away from London but just happen to be here visiting family.

I'm happy for you to do the transfer Lim, was just thinking the quicker we get it done the less chance GN'R interferes and shuts this down? :lol: God forbid they allow us to have something else "new" lol.

Would it effect the tapes if they were digitised tomorrow, and then you were given the originals in a fortnight to make your own digital copy? I'm sure you'd put a lot more attention into the job and I wouldnt want the tapes to degrade on an initial transfer so happy to let you make the copy.

Edited by willl

On 9/23/2021 at 10:35 AM, Lim666 said:

Peace out!

Limulus

Wait. Are you the Limulus of the GNR forum from aaaages ago? (name mistakes me now but it was my main for ages).