6 hours ago, Arnuld said:

L’ARC was the day after Bercy correct? Because I was in Paris for the Bercy show and caught a flight the next morning to go home. And I remember being upset I couldn’t go to L’ARC. Do I have the timeline right? 

Yeah, Bercy was 13th though L'Arc technically ended up being the 15th when they finally hit the stage at 1am :P I had a flight to Geneva just a few hours later. I remember I spent only about £80 for London -> Paris -> Geneva -> London flights and was couchsurfing so I didn't pay anything for accomodation. Tickets were only about £40-50, I spent so much less on going to gigs in 2010 than I would in 2020 where I'd have to spend £90+ just for a concert ticket :/ 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on MyGNRForum the night of the show while in Paris, because I'd flown there for the Bercy show (Bercy was my first GNR gig). I remember thinking, "Wow, wish I could go", and then thinking, "Well

2010 was peak Axl Rose: 1.A monster vocally 2.Caring about new music, playing almost all of CD, playing CD II at parties. 3.Showing up sometimes as much as two hours late, walking off s

2010 > 2006 FIGHT ME

14 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Yea it's crazy that the best vocals from the CD-era weren't actually on the album, they were on Angel Down and a remix track. :no:

The seemingly effortless rasp, the charisma, the anger, the unpredictability... 2010 was really the last year of 'classic' Axl Rose. The guy tried to punch a paparazzi photographer at an airport, tried to cancel his tour on twitter, had several incidents during live shows, and he was still the best frontman on the the planet. But he's older and wider now so it's not surprising that he isn't as good as he used to be :lol:

Forgot about the paparazzi incident. I remember everyone watching the video to see if Axl still had the corn rows or not. We had literally seen zero pictures of him since he left stage at the last show in 2007. I feel like even now there are the occasional photographs of him out and about between tours. 

15 minutes ago, themadcaplaughs said:

Forgot about the paparazzi incident. I remember everyone watching the video to see if Axl still had the corn rows or not. We had literally seen zero pictures of him since he left stage at the last show in 2007. I feel like even now there are the occasional photographs of him out and about between tours. 

Yeah, the incident happened towards the end of 2009. I remember thinking something like "good ole Axl is back!" Also, there was an Axl pic from Bach's studio, recording of his solo CD in 2007. 

15 hours ago, Amir said:

Yeah, Bercy was 13th though L'Arc technically ended up being the 15th when they finally hit the stage at 1am :P I had a flight to Geneva just a few hours later. I remember I spent only about £80 for London -> Paris -> Geneva -> London flights and was couchsurfing so I didn't pay anything for accomodation. Tickets were only about £40-50, I spent so much less on going to gigs in 2010 than I would in 2020 where I'd have to spend £90+ just for a concert ticket :/ 

That’s what I thought. I caught my flight home the morning after Bercy. Did you miss train after the show? The showed ended at like 1150 and we were strolling to the train start and a bunch of people came running past us. And my wife was like why are all these people running? We found out 2 mins later when we just barely missed the last train. We ended up walking around for over an hour before we finally found a cab. 

On 2020-02-22 at 12:05 PM, Pedrolg said:

YCBM for instance is a great example. In Arnheim, Budapest or Dublin Axl gave monstrous, full on rasp versions of it. By Abu Dhabi he was already full mickey on it. There are other songs where the fall is apparent (Better, RQ), but YCBM is the clearest one. 

In Dublin he was stood still singing it. Better sounding gig after he came back from his fit. He sounded good just standing band singing the tunes. Rocket Queen was brilliant that night in Dublin also. 

I’d just started a new job and hit home from the O2 after the gig at 4am to be up at 6:30am again for work. Prick. :lol:

Though it was all worth it just for Axl’s Wikipedia page update that night..... And I snagged a setlist.