Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these gapper year wankers in Argentina and Peru who, having flown amidst the crisis, now expect the British government to fly them home. 

Did you know that the Belgrano was originally (ironically) the USS Phoenix that survived Pearl Harbour before being sold to the Argies and sunk by Julia Maggie? :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Did you know that the Belgrano was originally (ironically) the USS Phoenix that survived Pearl Harbour before being sold to the Argies and sunk by Julia Maggie? :lol: 

Brooklyn-class cruiser commissioned 1938, five 6 inch gun turrets. Survived Pearl Harbour. Fought at the Battles of Biak, Hollandia, Leyte Gulf. Decommissioned 1946. Sold to Argentina 1951. Renamed ARA General Belgrano 1956. Sunk 2nd May 1982 by HMS Conqueror.

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They're ubiquitous. Even Tyson Fury has one.

Okay. I don't follow celebrities. 

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Incidentally, returning to that Germans monopoly thing, from a further morning news report on the subject it was stated that it was the chemical agent used to produce the kits which was bought up. You can thank me later.

Did you actually read the article I responded with? 

On 4/2/2020 at 10:53 AM, action said:

personal opinion, but I don't feel like this epidemy is going away anytime soon.

even in china, there are new infections reported every day. there is not really any country in the world that is completely "cleared" yet. How many years did the plague devastate europe before going away?

disclaimer: I have no publications to back up my opinion.

Agreed this could be the new norm for

our generation. Could go on for years/decades 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

All these gapper year wankers in Argentina and Peru who, having flown amidst the crisis, now expect the British government to fly them home. 

Leave the ladys front bottom where they are or let them swim home, posh twats the lot of em.

Fucking christians. Christian politicians are overruling a suggestion to allow groceries to stay open during eastern. Usually Norwegian groceries have to be closed at so-called holy days. So appeasing their imaginary god is more important than preventing spread of corona as now everybody has to go shopping in the immediate days before easter to stock up for the holiday. Fucking christians. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Fucking christians. Christian politicians are overruling a suggestion to allow groceries to stay open during eastern. Usually Norwegian groceries have to be closed at so-called holy days. So appeasing their imaginary god is more important than preventing spread of corona as now everybody has to go shopping in the immediate days before easter to stock up for the holiday. Fucking christians. 

In my country they implemented a rule that each shop (including huge supermarkets) can only have max 3 x cashier number of people at any time. Plus no meetings, not even of 2 people, anywhere. We're not allowed to even go out to do sports, alone. Forests and parks are closed. BUT they made an exception - as much as 50 people can be inside 1 church on Easter Sunday. There's no words for that. So that's why we're locked up now? So that some stupid, religious fuckers can go and spread the disease a week from now???

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

ah, good old religious intolerance. when all else fails, blame the people who practise their religion in peace and silence

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Norway sounds quite religious.  You and Ibsen are my only point of reference :lol:  Were you raised religious at all?

24 minutes ago, action said:

ah, good old religious intolerance. when all else fails, blame the people who practise their religion in peace and silence

Let me explain it to you again: The only thing I am currently blaming them for is roadblocking an initiative to prevent people from having to stand in queues to buy groceries before easter which would increase the risk of getting infected with covid-19. If they don't want to buy groceries during their holy days, all fine with me, but don't force me to have to buy groceries for the entire easter together with everybody else before it starts. People can believe in whatever nonsense they feel like, but this is a perfect example of the inherent danger in religious beliefs, the appeasement of a fantasy god is more important than sensible measures to encourage social distancing. It's frankly embarrassing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

One day really makes that big of a difference? 

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I'm getting a bit tired of all this and being stuck inside. I feel like stripping naked, covering myself in red paint, putting in solid red contact lenses and running around the supermarket touching everything and everyone screaming "I am your apocalypse! I am covid-19!"

Bye ! have a nice time at the asylum

51 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'm getting a bit tired of all this and being stuck inside. I feel like stripping naked, covering myself in red paint, putting in solid red contact lenses and running around the supermarket touching everything and everyone screaming "I am your apocalypse! I am covid-19!"

Its complete bullshit and we will be worse off because of it. Now they're saying it might be 2 years of this. The amount of mental health issues, and suicides, society is going experience within the next decade will be devastating.

Edited by Coma16

36 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Its complete bullshit and we will be worse off because of it. Now they're saying it might be 2 years of this. The amount of mental health issues, and suicides, society is going experience within the next decade will be devastating.

"they're saying it might be 2 years of this"? They who? 

36 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"they're saying it might be 2 years of this"? They who? 

The news in Canada, I believe from the Ontario government. It was more of a worst case scenario but a 2nd AND 3rd wave are expected after this curve is flattened.

All lives matter so I'm not sure what the best way forward is, but I dont see the current path as being sustainable. Many people will die from this (along with other things) but I fear the recovery is going to be much due to this mandated isolation/distancing and economic shutdown. Peoples' livelihood are being flushed down the toilet.