Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

22 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Local Children’s hospital (a very large one) is running out of beds - not because of kids catching COVID 19, but rather other illnesses, due to the breakdown in immunity from isolating them for 1.5 years and parents shoving masks on them everywhere. 

Surprising. Can you provide some source for this?

6 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

We see higher rates of hospitalization of children due to various respiratory illnesses here in Europe too, but not to the extent where hospitals are being filled up (as far as I know).

In Canada anyone 12 and over has to be fulled vaccinated before going on a train or a plane. I commend Canada for doing this.

This way parents can be comfortable if they have to fly with their younger kids. You don't know who is vaccinated or not, so this ruling is great.

I highly doubt the US will do this. Too many morons will bitch and moan about their rights and how they should be allowed to do what they want to do.

LA now says to get into many indoor places you have to be fully vaccinated like NYC. I doubt Dallas will do this at all.

Went to see KISS Friday night and the venue sent an email saying how they strongly encourage fans to wear masks. I did wear a mask, but most people had no masks nor did they distance and since they didn't check about vaccination I have no idea who was sitting near me? I hated being anxious during the concert.

On 10/6/2021 at 6:42 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Went to see KISS Friday night and the venue sent an email saying how they strongly encourage fans to wear masks. I did wear a mask, but most people had no masks nor did they distance and since they didn't check about vaccination I have no idea who was sitting near me? I hated being anxious during the concert.

Sounds like you're not ready to go to any place with large gatherings.

I'll be flying to Texas tonight and staying there through Sunday afternoon. 

First time on a plane since before the lock downs and first time anywhere but Michigan or northern Ohio since then for that matter. 

I'll be there for work, but I've got a concert to go to on Saturday so that's good at least. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Ontario nurses (not only janitors cafeteria workers) pleading to keep their jobs if they are not vaccinated. Last year they were heros...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CU-LgpygZeu/?utm_medium=copy_link

Great, one nurse wanting to turn in her hero card for an idiot card.  By all means then…

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

The news said Texas numbers of covid cases are going down. Still not trusting it yet. We still have fall and winter and the holidays to get through. 

With Texas back to opening everything and sports arenas being back to full capacity and the Fair happening this year, I still don't think things will stay down for long.

I just hope that the kids's covid vaccines are approved soon, so I can feel my daughter will be protected and my parents can get their booster shot.

Most doctors are agreeing this covid virus will be like the flu and we will need a yearly shot to stay protect. I'm all for that.

On 10/13/2021 at 12:54 PM, Ratam said:

Same here.

Sorry to hear about that guy killing people with a bow and arrow. Crazy people are everywhere. 

Good news about covid though.

Stay safe.

On 10/13/2021 at 10:38 AM, Coma16 said:

Ontario nurses (not only janitors cafeteria workers) pleading to keep their jobs if they are not vaccinated. Last year they were heros...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CU-LgpygZeu/?utm_medium=copy_link

Well honestly, I wouldn't want to be taken care of any nurse or doctor who was not vaccinated against covid or any other disease. They should know better after the deaths from last year.

Millions of people are vaccinated so get the vaccine and keep your job.

On 10/12/2021 at 10:09 AM, Sweersa said:

Sounds like you're not ready to go to any place with large gatherings.

Well, it's been two weeks, so I guess I'm good.  it just annoys me that Texas seems to think they are safe from covid and since everything is open now and full, they just walk around like they are safe. I just wish I could be as naive as that sometimes.

29 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, it's been two weeks, so I guess I'm good.  it just annoys me that Texas seems to think they are safe from covid and since everything is open now and full, they just walk around like they are safe. I just wish I could be as naive as that sometimes.

Sometimes, ignorance is bliss. But also dangerous. Florida was similar when I visited last November, from Michigan. It was a welcoming experience to me, we were still careful, but it was nice for things to be "normal" for the week or so we were there. 

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The news said Texas numbers of covid cases are going down. Still not trusting it yet. We still have fall and winter and the holidays to get through. 

With Texas back to opening everything and sports arenas being back to full capacity and the Fair happening this year, I still don't think things will stay down for long.

I just hope that the kids's covid vaccines are approved soon, so I can feel my daughter will be protected and my parents can get their booster shot.

Most doctors are agreeing this covid virus will be like the flu and we will need a yearly shot to stay protect. I'm all for that.

Sorry to hear about that guy killing people with a bow and arrow. Crazy people are everywhere. 

Good news about covid though.

Stay safe.

Well honestly, I wouldn't want to be taken care of any nurse or doctor who was not vaccinated against covid or any other disease. They should know better after the deaths from last year.

Millions of people are vaccinated so get the vaccine and keep your job.

No, it was in Norway, there live Soul Monster. I live in Argentina.

These anti-vaxxers have gone completely out of control here in New Zealand. They are literally calling the vaccine booking department and 1) making fake bookings and 2) spending a real long time with them to "ask questions", so the operators can't respond to people who actually want to be vaccinated.

I have nothing against anti-vaxxers, but this is just absolute bullshit. 

• Wow 1

There's a huge divide on mask everywhere here in the states. The old lady and I just drove out to Colorado Springs for her brothers wedding. A lot of people there wore mask. Then we drove south through New mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Tennessee and back up home to Pennsylvania. And those last few states hardly anyone wore them. I think it was because there's so little across the areas, just tiny little towns; that everyone assumes they won't be affected. Its just so odd seeing such a massive change from state to state. 

I don't endorse this video.  I don't have any affiliation with it. I can hardly believe what I'm seeing so I'm posting it here.

A question to our Australian friends: is this footage the actual representation of what is going in Australia or is it exaggerated and manipulated?

Edited by Sisyphus

On 10/4/2021 at 3:08 PM, Jakey Styley said:

Local Children’s hospital (a very large one) is running out of beds - not because of kids catching COVID 19, but rather other illnesses, due to the breakdown in immunity from isolating them for 1.5 years and parents shoving masks on them everywhere. 

It's happening in Slovenia too. We're not running out of beds but there's an abnormal number of children in the hospitals. Not due to covid-19.

And that's just the beginning. Isolation has devastating effects on the immune system. If we take into consideration the limited access to health services, late diagnosis, people delaying the check-ups and so on, the toll will surpass covid-19 by a long shot. 

Was it worth it? Hah. I'd rather not even think about it.

Please explain to your children how you took a stance for the "new normality" and gave up your civil rights so that they can live with a QR code in their pocket and mandatory booster shots while breathing into a moist mask. For your benefit. For your safety.

Edited by Sisyphus