Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He mentioned ''people'' needing ''to relax''. I can only interpret that as broadening beyond his own personal situation.

Sorry for not being specific enough when I'm highly intoxicated. I should have known better, especially on here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

I feel really bad for laughing and I love both Queen and Freddie but man that was funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Towelie said:

My cousin has it and her three kids. It hasn't been reported in the media, I don't think the full extent of the number of cases is being reported by mainstream media.

this is like a nightmare you can't wake up from. my loved ones are all very worried and at the end of their patience.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, action said:

always count on @ZoSoRose to provide a comical twist to the discussion

So you didn't understand that I was joking but erroneously thought ZoSo was? 

5 minutes ago, Towelie said:

My cousin has it and her three kids. It hasn't been reported in the media, I don't think the full extent of the number of cases is being reported by mainstream media.

It has been confirmed through testing? Because most people with respiratory symptoms simply have the common cold. I think about 95 % of those tested here in Norway, hasn't got it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SoulMonster said:

So you didn't understand that I was joking but erroneously thought ZoSo was? 

you're still talking about that silly PM you sent me? if I didn't think you were joking, I wouldn't close my message with "cheers, gerald" after point to an obscure essay on normality being the new insanity.

and what does Zoso's post have to with you anyway? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, action said:

always count on @ZoSoRose to provide a comical twist to the discussion

reported

Sincere question for once, not trying to put you on the spot here, but you said in a previous thread that you have Asperger's, do you think that could be partly the reason for your ''difficulties''?

 

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

87477203_10157725291495306_3016443754904

Who is she?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Towelie said:

My cousin has it and her three kids. It hasn't been reported in the media, I don't think the full extent of the number of cases is being reported by mainstream media.

How are they? Is it like the flu? Are they very sick?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lio said:

How are they? Is it like the flu? Are they very sick?

Dunno, haven't seen em in years.

And to think, me mam told me I'd live to regret not making more effort with the family. I showed her.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Theres the notion that constraints can fuel creativity. And the 'what ifs' about SHTF have really impacted my recipe creation.

Be on the lookout for my new cookbook: Bunker Basics, Modern Pan-Zompoc Cuisine (final edition)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, action said:

you're still talking about that silly PM you sent me? 

No, I am talking about the fact that you didn't grasp the joke I made a few posts ago but seems to think ZoSo was. It suggest that your inability to understand stuff isn't just limited to facts, math, graphs, politics, and science, but also includes humour, which informs me about not making jokes to you, or at the very least explain them carefully, too,when I do. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

How can you reject science, its literally how everything works. Its a dangerous mindset

I actually love science, from when I was young and still to this day.

Science can be great, it has provided us with many great benefits. But I feel, sometimes, science can be used for political means. Often, scientists contradict each other. This is the case in belgium, where one scientist, appointed by the government, states there is no need to check every flu patient on the corona virus. While another scientist argues that everyone with the flu should be checked. This is one aspect, out of many. 

another, is the transmissibility of the virus. One expert, again, the one appointed by the belgian government, argues that it is like the flu, while other experts state that rooms that housed a patient should be desinfected twice for the virus to disappear.

So when science is misused, for political means, then this is the ugly side of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

No, I am talking about the fact that you didn't grasp the joke I made a few posts ago but seems to think ZoSo was. It suggest that your inability to understand stuff isn't just limited to facts, math, graphs, politics, and science, but also includes humour, which informs me about not making jokes to you, or at the very least explain them carefully, too,when I do. 

this is actually a good characteristic of you. it does you great credit, that you are empathical as you are, when it comes to adapting your posting behaviour to people like me who you consider "mentally impaired and / or having a learning disability". 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, action said:

I actually love science, from when I was young and still to this day.

Science can be great, it has provided us with many great benefits. But I feel, sometimes, science can be used for political means. Often, scientists contradict each other. This is the case in belgium, where one scientist, appointed by the government, states there is no need to check every flu patient on the corona virus. While another scientist argues that everyone with the flu should be checked. This is one aspect, out of many. 

another, is the transmissibility of the virus. One expert, again, the one appointed by the belgian government, argues that it is like the flu, while other experts state that rooms that housed a patient should be desinfected twice for the virus to disappear.

So when science is misused, for political means, then this is the ugly side of it.

If only science was a process and there was scientific method for testing theories. 

I, too, enjoyed science as a child and it also made me an expert. I had a toy chem set where you made toy bugs out of science. Taught me everything I know

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, action said:

I'm not the one laying sick in my bed, my son is.

It surely can't be the first time your kid is sick. I am sure he can handle it. And so should the rest of your family. Unless of course you behave anything at home like you do here, expressing unfounded hysteria over corona and how dangerous it is to children. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright,  Action, I'll bite without insults. You saod science should be kept out of politics. How would anything ever progress? Science is the only certainty 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked and pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...