Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I know how you feel.  When my wife's came back negative we were disappointed too.  I figured if she had it we all would.

I was really ill before Christmas and have no idea what it was. Was hoping it was Covid because maybe I’d have some kind of immunity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

Posted Images

I wonder if there is the possibility that antibodies disappear or become too low to detect. It’s still unknown how much of a resistance those formerly infected have and for how long. It’s one of the chief concerns about possible vaccines: they’re still unsure how effective they will be and how long that protection will last.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

And as for Dr. Fauci, he's a coward in my eyes, because he won't go to the meetings with Trump, I guess he's been banned, but you're an infectious doctor and we need you to speak up on our behalf.

Not sure how this is Dr Fauci’s fault. He’s doing a lot of interviews of late. Trump has made it clear he still meets with Fauci regularly (how much of that is true is unknown). Trump won’t share the stage with anyone at this point so I’m not sure why you’re blaming Fauci for not being present at briefings when Trump wants it to be a one man show. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, downzy said:

Not sure how this is Dr Fauci’s fault. He’s doing a lot of interviews of late. Trump has made it clear he still meets with Fauci regularly (how much of that is true is unknown). Trump won’t share the stage with anyone at this point so I’m not sure why you’re blaming Fauci for not being present at briefings when Trump wants it to be a one man show. 

Plus the fact that it serves no purpose for Fauci to jump up on stage and contradict Trump only to be removed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've developed quite the crush on our deputy prime minister, Chrystia Freeland, over her handling of the pandemic. She's even managed to forge a strong personal and professional relationship with a right wing populist premiere which serves to strengthen our response to the pandemic. And Im all like 'Yeah, befriend that windbag you sexy, sexy brainiac' :lol::wub::headbang:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Dazey said:

My antibody test came back negative today. I’m a bit disappointed to be honest. :lol: 

How far back does it go? I mean to say how many novel STD's did the test throw up?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

New law just signed off with 2hr notice across massive part of N England from East Lanc too N Manchester too N Yorkshire due too rising numbers from mid night your not able too meet up with other house holds etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gavin82 said:

New law just signed off with 2hr notice across massive part of N England from East Lanc too N Manchester too N Yorkshire due too rising numbers from mid night your not able too meet up with other house holds etc 

I've heard it's all @Len Cnut's lot's fault. Have a word will ya Marigold? :lol:  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, downzy said:

I wonder if there is the possibility that antibodies disappear or become too low to detect. It’s still unknown how much of a resistance those formerly infected have and for how long. It’s one of the chief concerns about possible vaccines: they’re still unsure how effective they will be and how long that protection will last.  

I don't have much faith in the antibody tests.  A guy I work with went for the antibody test and came back negative.  He had some of the symptoms after his entire family tested positive for the virus in March.  His wife, kids and mother in law all had it and recovered.  He never got tested for the virus at the time but stayed out of work for two weeks because he suspected he had it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dazey said:

I've heard it's all @Len Cnut's lot's fault. Have a word will ya Marigold? :lol:  

Fret ye not sunbeam, I’m like the wog Jimmy Hoffa, I shall call a meeting in the morning! :lol:  Early in the morning cuz the cornershop take deliveries in the wee hours :lol: 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bojo addressing UK now on N England 4.500  new cases a day in N England hes jus knocked back N England for 2wks from tomorrow so no Casinos bollowing alleys etc too stay closed 

Edited by Gavin82
Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw a sad sight today, downtown. I think it was someone succumbing to pandemic pressures. He was dressed as a professional class person with all the trimmings. If I had to guess based on location he worked for or with the federal gov or banks.

This man was struggling to hail a taxi. He ripped his mask off - I believe the mask made him feel restricted and he blamed it for failing to waive down a cab - threw his mask on the ground in a huff. Then there was a moment where he seemed to be making an effort to calm himself and take deep breathes. But then a sound from deep within his soul erupted out of him. A heart breaking sound.

He ran into the middle of the street and demanded a random car stop to give him a ride. When they didnt he threw his milkshake at it. But then came the worst part. An armoured brink truck was barreling down the road. This dude charged at it head on, screaming for a ride. Yeah, Brinks Trucks dont exactly stop when being attacked. Quite to the contrary they use deadly force when attacked. Like say running a threat down.

They guy tried to dive out of the way at the last second, but the Brinks truck clipped his lower half hard!! And did not stop moving.

He stayed down a minute and hobbled to the curb where he collapsed. :( 

 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 3:12 PM, downzy said:

Not sure how this is Dr Fauci’s fault. He’s doing a lot of interviews of late. Trump has made it clear he still meets with Fauci regularly (how much of that is true is unknown). Trump won’t share the stage with anyone at this point so I’m not sure why you’re blaming Fauci for not being present at briefings when Trump wants it to be a one man show. 

It's not his fault, but Dr. Fauci avoids answering any questions that often start with "well Trump said this" Do you agree" He was on CNN today and the reporter said to him something like Trump said children's immune systems are better and they don't get sick like adults. Instead of saying "Trump is wrong" he just went around saying children can get sick and get the virus too.

He's had so many chances to tell us that Trump is wrong and don't listen to him. I've heard other doctors talking on CNN and they come right out and say how wrong Trump is and what a bad example he is to the world without wearing a mask and saying how great America is doing when the virus is spreading and more and more people are dying. How can Dr. Fauci with all his smarts and degrees ignore this and not set the record straight.  

All the other doctors who are interview on CNN tell it like it is and this is a fact.

If America doesn't upgrade it's testing system by August, it'll be too late to even slow the virus down. By the end of this year, probably most Americans will get the virus and some will live and some will die, but all of us will never be the same again.

If Trump gets elected again, then America is doomed.

There won't be any vaccine until next year. That's a vaccine that actually might work and it'll take a year to give it to all Americans. I don't have much hope for any of us.

Dr. Fauci should demand that Trump step up or he should step down and not associate with the administration anymore.

Maybe he should just stay in his lab where he's safe and doesn't have to tell half truths or all his double talking jive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, soon said:

I saw a sad sight today, downtown. I think it was someone succumbing to pandemic pressures. He was dressed as a professional class person with all the trimmings. If I had to guess based on location he worked for or with the federal gov or banks.

This man was struggling to hail a taxi. He ripped his mask off - I believe the mask made him feel restricted and he blamed it for failing to waive down a cab - threw his mask on the ground in a huff. Then there was a moment where he seemed to be making an effort to calm himself and take deep breathes. But then a sound from deep within his soul erupted out of him. A heart breaking sound.

He ran into the middle of the street and demanded a random car stop to give him a ride. When they didnt he threw his milkshake at it. But then came the worst part. An armoured brink truck was barreling down the road. This dude charged at it head on, screaming for a ride. Yeah, Brinks Trucks dont exactly stop when being attacked. Quite to the contrary they use deadly force when attacked. Like say running a threat down.

They guy tried to dive out of the way at the last second, but the Brinks truck clipped his lower half hard!! And did not stop moving.

He stayed down a minute and hobbled to the curb where he collapsed. :( 

 

OMG! This is a perfect example how this virus effects every facet of our lives. My God! Did he get any help?

If/when a vaccine is approved, I bet people will be charging hospitals to get their hands on it.  It's sad, but I think things are going to get very worse for the rest of the year.

Texas is a mess but they want all kids in school by early September. All medical personnel say this is a HUGE mistake.

13 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Up North back on Lockdown.

 

Won't be long until the whole country goes back on lockdown.

I think the whole world needs to be locked down again. This virus is not slowing down nor stopping and there's nothing anyone can do. What a mess we're all in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 5:32 PM, Swampfox said:

I don't have much faith in the antibody tests.  A guy I work with went for the antibody test and came back negative.  He had some of the symptoms after his entire family tested positive for the virus in March.  His wife, kids and mother in law all had it and recovered.  He never got tested for the virus at the time but stayed out of work for two weeks because he suspected he had it.  

The doctor on CNN said the anti bodies might not last longer than a month. He said he didn't know of any second cases of the same person and he said he thinks that won't happen. I just shook my head because I think eventually whether you have it once or not, you can get it again. 

No one knows anything so they go around the answers. This is exactly what Dr. Fauci does. He never gives you a direct answer and never goes against Trump who is a total fuck up.

How America has sunk so low.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 3:15 PM, Dazey said:

Plus the fact that it serves no purpose for Fauci to jump up on stage and contradict Trump only to be removed. 

Well, he's a doctor then he should just go back to his old job and try to find a cure or a vaccine for this damn virus.

That's the whole problem, no one tells Trump is wrong and people are dying because of it. I would rather be fired than be associated with a man like Trump. President or not. He's a disgrace to America.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, he's a doctor then he should just go back to his old job and try to find a cure or a vaccine for this damn virus.

That's the whole problem, no one tells Trump is wrong and people are dying because of it. I would rather be fired than be associated with a man like Trump. President or not. He's a disgrace to America.

Fauci also said that Trump's decision to ban travel from China and Europe early on prevented more deaths in his opinion.  He also said Trump has removed a lot of red tape for operation warp speed so the vaccine can be available sooner.  He also stressed the importance of kids getting into classrooms in the fall.  I only caught some of it but he sounded like he genuinely backs Trump's decisions.  The democrats have this new tactic where they ask a question and as soon as he answers they say reclaiming my time.  They did the same thing to AG Barr the other day.  They badgered the guy and won't let him answer any questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Swampfox said:

Fauci also said that Trump's decision to ban travel from China and Europe early on prevented more deaths in his opinion.  He also said Trump has removed a lot of red tape for operation warp speed so the vaccine can be available sooner.  He also stressed the importance of kids getting into classrooms in the fall.  I only caught some of it but he sounded like he genuinely backs Trump's decisions.  The democrats have this new tactic where they ask a question and as soon as he answers they say reclaiming my time.  They did the same thing to AG Barr the other day.  They badgered the guy and won't let him answer any questions.

And that's what makes Trump look bad when you think about. He did these actions, which tells you he actually thinks it's a serious virus. But he was giving messages to people that it wasn't a big deal and people needed to get back to regular life. Gotta have a consistent message.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

And that's what makes Trump look bad when you think about. He did these actions, which tells you he actually thinks it's a serious virus. But he was giving messages to people that it wasn't a big deal and people needed to get back to regular life. Gotta have a consistent message.

He's trying to stay positive.  We all need to keep our spirits up to get through this.  People hate the man but I believe his heart is in the right place.  The only thing I would criticize him for is not putting on a mask earlier.  Other than that I believe he's doing what's best for the country as a whole.  There are other things to worry about other than the virus.  People need to get back to work and children need to get back into classrooms.  The country will collapse if we don't get back to some kind of normalcy.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...