Spain are surging in numbers they are set too over take UK if they keep going like they are hardly no difference in it now.

Also 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53654644

No fucking shit there has been international flights too LHR LGW etc all way thru this & now they just saying they stopped have stopped flights cos it's how UK got so bad

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

Posted Images

Yes, this really doesn't look good for Spain:

uten_n93.png

We hoped that a country that had been through this one time already would be able to stop any quick surges by reemploying restrictions, but it seems Spain is struggling.

France is seeing a distinct increase in new cases. It could be the start of a development like we see in Spain, unless they manage to get it back under control.

uten_n96.png

We are also seeing slightly more cases here in Norway. This is due to travel activity during the summer and people forgetting to keep socially distant. It is not worrisome yet and hopefully we can get it under control quickly.

uten_n95.png

Dallas numbers still up. The city is going to use hotel rooms to have some family members who live in multi generation households to stay there so they won't infect other family members. We have many families lose many members due to living together or having gatherings and not wearing masks. It's really sad because some members are young and some are kids.

Dr. Fauci was on CNN again but still won't say this is what we all need to do.

There was another doctor today would commented and said what Dr. Fauci did'n't say about the poor leadership we have right now.

He said if we had a President like FDR who during WWII would have "fireside" chats with Americans to help calm their fears about the war.

Trump just denies the virus cases are going up and people keep dying. No matter what he's asked either he doesn't answer or just keeps saying how American is ahead of this virus and the rest of the world. Meanwhile, cases are climbing and many more people are dying. He wants schools to open. Some states opened their schools and kids got the virus after the first day. How safe is this?

And the crackpot Gov in Florida wants to open more things like people visiting seniors in homes. I guess he figures if they die, it won't matter. What a stupid fuck he is? Who voted for this sons of bitches who are watching their people die and get sick and yet they do nothing?

We are almost in the second week of August and Trump has yet to increase testing and get faster results. All the doctors said if we don't do this by the end of August, it'll be too late to slow this virus down. If Trump is counting on a vaccine by election day, he's poorly mistaken and maybe he might just have the virus by then too. Maybe then he'll realize how bad things really are.

Even if the unemployment is extended and we get another stimulus we might be too sick to spend it.

Texas has extented help to the people who can't pay their rent so they won't be evicted. And the food lines grow longer. What has become of America? No coming back from this.

11 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

Spain are surging in numbers they are set too over take UK if they keep going like they are hardly no difference in it now.

Also 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53654644

No fucking shit there has been international flights too LHR LGW etc all way thru this & now they just saying they stopped have stopped flights cos it's how UK got so bad

The virus is still out there everywhere, so I think no matter what anyone does it'll still infect and kill people.\

Nothing can stop it, so it'll continue to spread until there's a vaccine and who even knows if that will stop it?

I don't even bother with corona news now to be honest. It is such a, to quote a well known 'Nam film, ''shit sandwich'', that it is not good for anyone's sanity - I bet Pepys wouldn't have been able to retrieve his cheese if he'd buried it in 2020 and not 1666? 

• Like 1

Just heard Trump saying yet again, how kids are immune to the corona and should go back to the classroom. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Children are dying from this virus.

Not to mention bringing it home to parents other kids and grandparents. Also teachers are very worried about the virus. One teacher said "we're not disposable. Guess Trump isn't hearing them either.

I don't understand how Trump just won't listen to the people who are telling him how dangerous this virus is. He refuses to see the numbers of patients and deaths. What the fuck is wrong with him?

37 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

6E7D8D7F-7F5C-47B7-843C-D5F1241DBD0E.jpeg

Love it!  Please let us know people's reactions to your new fucking amazing mask!

Stay well and rock that mask!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I don't even bother with corona news now to be honest. It is such a, to quote a well known 'Nam film, ''shit sandwich'', that it is not good for anyone's sanity - I bet Pepys wouldn't have been able to retrieve his cheese if he'd buried it in 2020 and not 1666? 

I try not to watch it, but sometimes I have to check how things are in Texas and then I check CNN. Trump is basically a total jerk and if there are any people who believe him are as crazy as he is.

I just hope he or someone close to him gets the virus and maybe then he'll see how serious it is.

Getting testing everyday or even every hour won't stop this virus from getting you. 

Glad some college football teams realize it's not safe to play football right now and they can still keep their scholarships. Now that's something!

Good for them.

I commend anyone who stands up for what they feel is right during this horrible time.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

France is seeing a distinct increase in new cases. It could be the start of a development like we see in Spain, unless they manage to get it back under control.

uten_n96.png

We are also seeing slightly more cases here in Norway. This is due to travel activity during the summer and people forgetting to keep socially distant. It is not worrisome yet and hopefully we can get it under control quickly.

uten_n95.png

Wow. I think the numbers in America are way higher than the highest rates you guys had.

Just terrible and I'm so sick of Trump saying how this virus will just go away one day. Yeah, that's not going to happen. I'm not even confident that the virus will be slowed down in the US. This scares the shit out of me.

I will be working from home from now on once my daughter does virtual school. If the virus doesn't slow down by classrooms being opened, I don't think I'm going to send her no matter what I decided before. I rather she be behind in her studies than get the virus. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just heard Trump saying yet again, how kids are immune to the corona and should go back to the classroom. He doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. Children are dying from this virus.

Not to mention bringing it home to parents other kids and grandparents. Also teachers are very worried about the virus. One teacher said "we're not disposable. Guess Trump isn't hearing them either.

I don't understand how Trump just won't listen to the people who are telling him how dangerous this virus is. He refuses to see the numbers of patients and deaths. What the fuck is wrong with him?

Love it!  Please let us know people's reactions to your new fucking amazing mask!

Stay well and rock that mask!

Kids arent really dying though (1 of 9000 California deaths). Your 2nd point about children bringing the virus home may have merit though (maybe not)...

"The researchers also found that there is almost zero chance that children or young adults will die if they contract COVID-19. Along with quickly-accumulating research that young children are much less likely to spread the virus than adults, it could be good news for parents as they prepare for an uncertain school year."

https://nationalpost.com/health/study-confirms-massive-age-differences-in-covid-19-death-rates-middle-aged-hit-harder-than-thought

Covid is real, the hype is not. You're being manipulated.

Edited by Coma16
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

In Norway we opened up schools again quite some time ago. The rationale behind this decision was that the virus is clearly not as dangerous to kids as to grown-ups. And with children having less symptoms, it seems they aren't as effective at spreading the virus as grown-ups, either. Lastly, at the time we reopened schools we had little spread of the disease in the population.

There was of course some concerns from parents and teachers about this decision. People feared their kids would get sick, or that they would bring the virus home and infect their parents or old people. But in general Norwegians are trusting of the government and their decisions and we had handled the disease well up to that point.

There were also made some changes to things when the schools reopened: Kids were separated into smaller group and interaction between groups were minimized; and kids were encouraged not to hug.

Here's what happened: We did not register an increase in infections as the result of schools reopening. You simply cannot look at the graphs over cases and see when the schools reopened. 

Don't interpret this as saying you should reopen your schools. You still have lots of spread of the disease in many states; we had very good control of the disease when we opened. And we had the resources to re-organize the classes and keep kids separated. If you cannot do this it might not work.

Article on how school re-openings have worked so far:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/school-openings-across-globe-suggest-ways-keep-coronavirus-bay-despite-outbreaks

It seems countries that opened their schools with precautions (small classes, shifts, social distancing rules etc.) didn't see an increase in their cases stemming from that. In Greece we opened them for 4 to 7 weeks (we opened secondary schools earlier than elementary schools), until they closed for the summer holidays, with social distancing rules and no mandatory attendance, and similarly we didn't see an increase. But countries like Israel that opened their schools in full capacity did see an increase and cases spread in school communities.

---------

Cases have gone up over here in the last few days (what's worrying is that many of the cases are not from abroad).

greece10.jpg

It seemed we had it under control when we ended the lockdown, so with the exception of some basic measures (face masks in transportation, supermarkets and malls, and gatherings >100 people not being allowed), people started doing everything like they did before thinking it was over or that it was not such a big deal as it was presented to be, and especially young people forgot all about social distancing with beach parties etc. We were looking at opening schools in full capacity early next month, but with the later developments it's unknown if that happens.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Trump wore a mask somewhere. Didn't bother to read where. He says there will be a vaccine before election day. We know this is another lie.

The Gov of Ohio has tested positive for the virus.

Kids in Georgia and Mississippi went back to school and getting the virus. One picture showed the high school students right up each other's butt while walking through the halls.

good news, the NBA players are tested everyday and so far none of them have the virus. The woman on CNN said how can we do this for the whole country? Maybe we should all be put in a bubble like the "bubble boy".  I so wish it was true.

1 hour ago, soon said:

Getting through my f'n to-do list today! Kicking new normals ass and taking names! Who's with me, fam? 

You go! :headbang:

5 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Article on how school re-openings have worked so far:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/07/school-openings-across-globe-suggest-ways-keep-coronavirus-bay-despite-outbreaks

It seems countries that opened their schools with precautions (small classes, shifts, social distancing rules etc.) didn't see an increase in their cases stemming from that. In Greece we opened them for 4 to 7 weeks (we opened secondary schools earlier than elementary schools), until they closed for the summer holidays, with no mandatory attendance and social distancing rules, and similarly we didn't see an increase. But countries like Israel that opened their schools in full capacity did see an increase and cases spread in school communities.

---------

Cases have gone up over here in the last few days (what's worrying is that many of the cases are not from abroad).

greece10.jpg

It seemed we had it under control when we ended the lockdown, so with the exception of some basic measures (face masks in transportation, supermarkets and malls, and gatherings >100 people not being allowed), people started doing everything like they did before thinking it was over or that it was not such a big deal as it was presented to be, and especially young people forgot all about social distancing with beach parties etc. We were looking at opening schools in full capacity early next month, but with the later developments it's unknown if that happens.

As long as the virus is still here, which it is, numbers will go up the more states or countries open up. All we can do is wear a mask and distance and it is getting harder to do that if schools open up. It seems whatever anyone does, the virus outsmarts us.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
14 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

In Norway we opened up schools again quite some time ago. The rationale behind this decision was that the virus is clearly not as dangerous to kids as to grown-ups. And with children having less symptoms, it seems they aren't as effective at spreading the virus as grown-ups, either. Lastly, at the time we reopened schools we had little spread of the disease in the population.

There was of course some concerns from parents and teachers about this decision. People feared their kids would get sick, or that they would bring the virus home and infect their parents or old people. But in general Norwegians are trusting of the government and their decisions and we had handled the disease well up to that point.

There were also made some changes to things when the schools reopened: Kids were separated into smaller group and interaction between groups were minimized; and kids were encouraged not to hug.

Here's what happened: We did not register an increase in infections as the result of schools reopening. You simply cannot look at the graphs over cases and see when the schools reopened. 

Don't interpret this as saying you should reopen your schools. You still have lots of spread of the disease in many states; we had very good control of the disease when we opened. And we had the resources to re-organize the classes and keep kids separated. If you cannot do this it might not work.

Kids and teachers that have gone back to school are testing positive for the virus. Whether they had it before and brought it to school who knows?

I know Texas has been cleaning the schools getting ready for students. Teachers and cafeteria workers have gone back to work. I still say this virus is in the air and everywhere else and no matter how good you clean and sanitize, it's there to stay and it will continue to infect whoever the hell it wants to.

Your country is lucky that cases have not gone up when kids went to school. Here it's not that way. Kids have gone back to school this month and already some have tested positive for the virus which means they will bring it home. I'm not sure how the schools know? Maybe the kids are being tested, not sure? No one is saying a damn thing.

I know kids have to go back to school, but honestly, I don't see why the US schools can't wait until next year. I doubt this is going to be good once the whole country has their kids in classrooms.

One nurse in a Georgia high school quit when she saw that no kids were distancing nor wearing masks. I don't blame her.

Gov Abbott of Texas thinks we won't have to wear masks longer than September because he feels there will be treatment for the virus that will help people get better and slow down the virus. I have no idea how he knows this or he's just talking out of his ass just like Trump.

I think I might just wear a mask for the rest of my life because I don't think this virus is ever going away.  I don't think it'll even be contained with a vaccine. This virus has been waiting a long time to come out and play. I'd say it's winning this war.

19 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

ere it's not that way. Kids have gone back to school this month and already some have tested positive for the virus which means they will bring it home. I'm not sure how the schools know? Maybe the kids are being tested, not sure? No one is saying a damn thing.

I know kids have to go back to school, but honestly, I don't see why the US schools can't wait until next year. I doubt this is going to be good once the whole country has their kids in classrooms.

One nurse in a Georgia high school quit when she saw that no kids were distancing nor wearing masks. I don't blame her.

If this is what your re-opened schools look like, I'm not surprised

• Confused 1
4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Kids and teachers that have gone back to school are testing positive for the virus. Whether they had it before and brought it to school who knows?

I know Texas has been cleaning the schools getting ready for students. Teachers and cafeteria workers have gone back to work. I still say this virus is in the air and everywhere else and no matter how good you clean and sanitize, it's there to stay and it will continue to infect whoever the hell it wants to.

Your country is lucky that cases have not gone up when kids went to school. Here it's not that way. Kids have gone back to school this month and already some have tested positive for the virus which means they will bring it home. I'm not sure how the schools know? Maybe the kids are being tested, not sure? No one is saying a damn thing.

Kids need to go back to school.  They need in person learning.  What do you suggest we do with all the kids who's parents need to go to work to support them?  Do you suggest leaving a first grader home alone all day and expect them to get a proper education online?  Do you think parents can just quit working for a year?  You bash everyone who wants to get schools open but I'd love to hear a solution from you yourself.  I believe teachers need to get to work just like any other essential worker.  Have you been to the food store or your local Wal-Mart?  The people who work there make a lot less than teachers and they put their lives at risk every day to ring hundreds of people up every day.  I get you're scared of what's going on but look at the statistics.  The vast majority of kids are virtually immune to the virus and the number of kids dying from it are almost non existent.  Sorry but Trump is spot on.

2 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

Kids need to go back to school.  They need in person learning.  What do you suggest we do with all the kids who's parents need to go to work to support them?  Do you suggest leaving a first grader home alone all day and expect them to get a proper education online?  Do you think parents can just quit working for a year?  You bash everyone who wants to get schools open but I'd love to hear a solution from you yourself.  I believe teachers need to get to work just like any other essential worker.  Have you been to the food store or your local Wal-Mart?  The people who work there make a lot less than teachers and they put their lives at risk every day to ring hundreds of people up every day.  I get you're scared of what's going on but look at the statistics.  The vast majority of kids are virtually immune to the virus and the number of kids dying from it are almost non existent.  Sorry but Trump is spot on.

Trumps on spot? He wanted things reopened in April. So he lost hard and is a fool. Of course he still continues to want things reopened, after that epic fail. His "By Easter" disaster should give you pause.

20 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Were strict safety measures implemented and followed?  If so, how so?