2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anything you order from amazon.com as long as it's not a private seller, some very quickly.

I saw on the news amazon wants to send out more drones to deliver their packages. I do hope a drone comes to my house. I would love to see it!

lol You're way of thinking is so off beat!

I avoid anyone walking my way and most of the shoppers in Walmart do the same.

It's being safe these days.

Do you not think who the fuck do they think they are, how dare they think ive got a disease. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Do you not think who the fuck do they think they are, how dare they think ive got a disease. 

Well, I think they are being safe for both themselves and you! Look at it this way. Unless of course, you know they are wise ass little shits, then you have every right to be pissed!

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, I think they are being safe for both themselves and you! Look at it this way. Unless of course, you know they are wise ass little shits, then you have every right to be pissed!

I'm not really annoyed at them 😄 it's more just one of those fleeting private thoughts you have that are completely irrational but if they stay in your head it's harmless and fine. 

Just now, spunko12345 said:

I'm not really annoyed at them 😄 it's more just one of those fleeting private thoughts you have that are completely irrational but if they stay in your head it's harmless and fine. 

I agree with you on that one.

Yeah, sometimes you just get annoyed at someone, but like you said as long as you don't act on it like killing them, you're okay. But I do understand where you're coming from.

Tough times for us all. Sometimes you're patience wears thin.

11 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm "off" again. Ton of fatigue today. Idk if it's something dumb mixed with paranoia or if I should get a test.

I hate this shit

Maybe the Mexican Pizza just ain't sitting right? :P

Hope youre feeling better

• Haha 2
21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Anything you order from amazon.com as long as it's not a private seller, some very quickly.

I saw on the news amazon wants to send out more drones to deliver their packages. I do hope a drone comes to my house. I would love to see it!

I hate when I forgot to check that the item is Prime. I accidentally ordered a non prime item. Its expected to take a month. But I want it now, so I found the exact same item on Prime and it will be her in a day or so. Im a dummy! lol

Im not as keen to see drones taking jobs, until we sort out how people will have an income in a future with no manual labour? But yeah, would be neat to see the drone deliver a package - Ive not seen that yet either!

I had a few neighbors who had parties yesterday. One was a kids's party. They had a jumpy thingie and the other had a pool party. I know it was for family but too many families are getting the virus this way too.

Then there's this park near my house that has a wooden building that is for parties and there was a party happening there! 

Beaches were full too because San Diego was having over 100 degree temperatures and I don't think these homes and apartments have central a/c.

Guess we'll see in two weeks.

Stay safe people and wear a mask and wash your hands and distance away from dumb people who still don't get it!

18 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I had a corona incident yesterday. It is too boring to relay here but let's say corona is unleashing the worst in human nature which is a general air of rudeness and ''busybodyness''. 

I think because we are all stressed over the virus and every other horrible thing happening right now, it is bringing out the worse in some people.

Driving down here makes me stressed and I get very pissed off when someone does something stupid while driving and eating while driving or playing with their fucking phones while driving.

I bet another side effect to this virus is making people very anxious and angry. I read an article that said we will feel the effects mentally of this virus for many years to come. People are having trouble coping and sleeping and relaxing. I know I'm one of them. I have to take a sleeping pill every night to sleep and sometimes it still takes hours to fall asleep. 

It's a fucked up world we live in and it's getting worse every day. 

I know if/when I go out any little thing agitates me to no end.  To quote Seinfeld "People are the worse!"

• Like 1

Seems like daily deaths aren't really being reported on in Ontario anymore. Media is fixated on new daily cases how they have been rising at pre-summer levels. Hopefully deaths don't follow and society gets shut down again. US Election can't come soon enough!

14 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Seems like daily deaths aren't really being reported on in Ontario anymore. Media is fixated on new daily cases how they have been rising at pre-summer levels. Hopefully deaths don't follow and society gets shut down again. US Election can't come soon enough!

4 hours ago, downzy said:

I think we should begin to (hopefully) see lower mortality rates and/or severely sick people primarily for 2 reasons, imo:

1. As the virus mutates, it seems to become “more easily contagious” BUT less harmful and/or deadly.  A virus does not want to kill its host.  A virus cannot continue to spread if it kills off its hosts.  So generally; they tend to mutate and become more contagious but less lethal.  

@SoulMonster can you confirm this to be the case with “most viruses”? 

2.  8+ months of researching it have helped doctors develop better treatments, etc (Even if there is no vaccine yet available, progress has been made with other remedies, etc) 

I think the numbers in Texas are going down, but schools in the Dallas area open tomorrow. It seems they are using every thing to keep everyone safe, so I'm hoping it will work, but who knows?

Just not very anxious to have a vaccine by November. Every doctor says it's too soon. I don't think I would take it if it's released that early. 

As it is they are pushing to have a vaccine by the end of the year or early next year which hasn't been done for any other disease or virus. It's just too damn scary.

I did hear something about some people having these T cells that help them be immune to the virus. I'm hoping my family and I have that!

On 9/6/2020 at 1:29 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think because we are all stressed over the virus and every other horrible thing happening right now, it is bringing out the worse in some people.

Driving down here makes me stressed and I get very pissed off when someone does something stupid while driving and eating while driving or playing with their fucking phones while driving.

I bet another side effect to this virus is making people very anxious and angry. I read an article that said we will feel the effects mentally of this virus for many years to come. People are having trouble coping and sleeping and relaxing. I know I'm one of them. I have to take a sleeping pill every night to sleep and sometimes it still takes hours to fall asleep. 

It's a fucked up world we live in and it's getting worse every day. 

I know if/when I go out any little thing agitates me to no end.  To quote Seinfeld "People are the worse!"

Just hang in there, it will get better. 

15 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Wait. Are you one of the people that believes a global pandemic has been planned or faked due to the upcoming US election? 

2 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Just hang in there, it will get better. 

For me, life is about perspective. If you're constantly looking for something to be negative about, you'll find it. 

I think there's plenty of positive things happening in the world. I've posted several times in the thread recently about what's happening out in the real world. 

I think it's less about waiting for things to improve and more about not always looking for a reason to be upset or outraged. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

For me, life is about perspective. If you're constantly looking for something to be negative about, you'll find it. 

I think there's plenty of positive things happening in the world. I've posted several times in the thread recently about what's happening out in the real world. 

I think it's less about waiting for things to improve and more about not always looking for a reason to be upset or outraged. 

I tend to agree with this.  If you pay attention to social media/twitter, etc all day, you would think there are millions of people from "both sides" in the streets, rioting, etc etc.  The reality is there are likely less than 20,000 (on either side) that are doing it on a regular basis, etc....and that's in a country with 330+ million people.   

In terms of % it is less than 0.001% of the population.  It's a % so small that it would be almost impossible to see if you were to graph out 330 million and insert 20k units on a chart.   It is well beyond a statistical outlier. 

1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

I think we should begin to (hopefully) see lower mortality rates and/or severely sick people primarily for 2 reasons, imo:

1. As the virus mutates, it seems to become “more easily contagious” BUT less harmful and/or deadly.  A virus does not want to kill its host.  A virus cannot continue to spread if it kills off its hosts.  So generally; they tend to mutate and become more contagious but less lethal.  

@SoulMonster can you confirm this to be the case with “most viruses”? 

It is correct that a virus that doesn't kill off its host but keeps it alive to spread the virus as much as possible, is a more optimally evolved virus. But there are many restrictions to evolution which may prevent this "optimal design" to be achieved, and evolution can take very long to happen when new mutations only confer a slight improvement. Which is why some viruses never evolve a combination of being highly contagious and not very deadly, resulting in viruses that aren't very contagious yet very deadly (HIV initially) or aren't very contagious and also rather benign (numerous viruses we for logical reasons never hear about), and some viruses never seem to evolve into lesser deadly forms (like smallpox which was a terrible threat to humans for thousands of years). So I think I should be careful to speculate what will happen to SARS-CoV-2. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Wait. Are you one of the people that believes a global pandemic has been planned or faked due to the upcoming US election? 

Not at all. I do think it is being exploited and the media doom n'f'n' gloom will fizzle away once your election is behind us. The virus is real, the hype is not.

Edited by Coma16
35 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It is correct that a virus that doesn't kill off its host but keeps it alive to spread the virus as much as possible, is a more optimally evolved virus. But there are many restrictions to evolution which may prevent this "optimal design" to be achieved, and evolution can take very long to happen when new mutations only confer a slight improvement. Which is why some viruses never evolve a combination of being highly contagious and not very deadly, resulting in viruses that aren't very contagious yet very deadly (HIV initially) or aren't very contagious and also rather benign (numerous viruses we for logical reasons never hear about), and some viruses never seem to evolve into lesser deadly forms (like smallpox which was a terrible threat to humans for thousands of years). So I think I should be careful to speculate what will happen to SARS-CoV-2. 

From the limited research I've done on the "newer strains" of Covid, it appears that the "jury is still out" on whether it is actually "less lethal" etc....basically, not enough research has been conducted yet.

As far as a virus like HIV is concerned, is it possible that the virus itself does "not need to become" less deadly since it is likely spread because most people do not have symptoms (sometimes for decades) ? 

For example, since most people do "not have symptoms" they can spread it for years without knowing it.  Therefore the virus itself continues to spread even though it can be lethal without treatment?  So that would be different than a virus like Covid, where most people have symptoms within days, etc?  No? 

Basically a virus like HiV does not need to mutate to continue to spread while a virus like Covid does?

56 minutes ago, Coma16 said:

Not at all. I do think it is being exploited and the media doom n'f'n' gloom will fizzle away once your election is behind us. The virus is real, the hype is not.

Ohhhh OK, I totally misunderstood you then, my bad. 

And yes, I couldn't agree more that the hype is ridiculous at this point. 

• Like 1

you couldn't make be believe that a government is having honest intentions when, at the start of the epidemy, they were still encouraging people to travel and go to large meetings, and now are being extreme in the opposite direction, not allowing anything anymore.

litterally nobody can be so careless. it all has to be well planned, because worldwide all these governments are shifting 180° all pretty much at the same time.

one such careless government is weird and unlikely. All governments being equally careless, and all at the same time, is statistically impossible and needs to be coordinated on a higher level.

we're all being manipulated and lied to, with the purpose of installing dicatorship. All of this is observable fact.

• Haha 1
On 9/5/2020 at 9:53 PM, ZoSoRose said:

I'm "off" again. Ton of fatigue today. Idk if it's something dumb mixed with paranoia or if I should get a test.

I hate this shit

You just need to get back to drinking like the good ole' days.  You get enough whisky in you and Corona doesn't have a chance.  :lol::P

Edited by Ace Nova
  • Haha 1