Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

3 hours ago, action said:

and they said, we should all listen to the WHO, as they are the experts and everyone who disagrees is stupid by default.

well, how about now I DO want to listen to the WHO's advice, and I'm going to ditch my mouth mask as I'm sick and tired of the thing. I have the WHO's backing on this, and everyone who disagrees with them is stupid.

?

The CDC is saying they should be worn.

 The WHO is saying they shouldn’t? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

?

The CDC is saying they should be worn.

 The WHO is saying they shouldn’t? 

long story, and it's almost weekend. I could explain it more in detail but that would require much cognitive effort, and I try to keep that to a minimum when its weekend.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to surging numbers, we've had gathering sizes reduced to earlier pandemic sizes (10). And locally the police will begin enforcing mask laws.

More people seem to be getting the hint that we arent in the clear and have started using the floor markers in stores for social distancing. So thats a huge positive compared to the last few weeks.

Another positive is that my loathsome and entitled neighbour doesnt wear a mask or keep up with the news... So that will be a ticket for them :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, soon said:

Due to surging numbers, we've had gathering sizes reduced to earlier pandemic sizes (10). And locally the police will begin enforcing mask laws.

More people seem to be getting the hint that we arent in the clear and have started using the floor markers in stores for social distancing. So thats a huge positive compared to the last few weeks.

Another positive is that my loathsome and entitled neighbour doesnt wear a mask or keep up with the news... So that will be a ticket for them :lol:

I agree that if you don't wear a mask in public you should get a ticket. It is for everyone's protection even if you don't care about yourself.

I saw the new test that is supposed to be able to tell you quickly whether you are infected or not. Not sure when it will be available or what it will cost us? If insurance doesn't cover this test, I for one won't shell out money especially if it's over $50. I would love to know that I'm okay and all my family and friends are okay, but if it's too expensive how will we pay for it?

It just seems everytime they come up with something that can help us know more about this virus and how to protect ourselves, it moves in very slow motion.

Went to Walmart today and everyone was wearing a mask and some workers had shields on too.  A lot more people are now ordering online for pickup. It's overwhelming for the workers to get some many orders ready, but you can't blame anyone especially older customers who can't or don't want to go out.

Walmart workers were putting out tons of Halloween candy. it made me sad since I don't think we will be trick or treating this year nor will I hand out candy. Don't want anyone to get sick including my daughter and I.

Another thing this damn virus has ruined for us.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gavin82 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-54204929

 

Also London confirms there will be NO fireworks on NYE just been confirmed 

Make sense.

I was wondering what NYC will do for their New Year's eve this year? I mean Times Square usually has hundreds of thousands from all over who come to NYC for this. I doubt very much this event will happen either.

No Texas Fair this year, but you can go to the grounds and get all the fried foods you want by driving to the food trucks that have gathered there.  At least it's something.

No Macy's day Thanksgiving parade either.

I wonder if there will be Black Friday shopping.

It seems all of our traditions are now on hold for this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree that if you don't wear a mask in public you should get a ticket. It is for everyone's protection even if you don't care about yourself.

I saw the new test that is supposed to be able to tell you quickly whether you are infected or not. Not sure when it will be available or what it will cost us? If insurance doesn't cover this test, I for one won't shell out money especially if it's over $50. I would love to know that I'm okay and all my family and friends are okay, but if it's too expensive how will we pay for it?

It just seems everytime they come up with something that can help us know more about this virus and how to protect ourselves, it moves in very slow motion.

Went to Walmart today and everyone was wearing a mask and some workers had shields on too.  A lot more people are now ordering online for pickup. It's overwhelming for the workers to get some many orders ready, but you can't blame anyone especially older customers who can't or don't want to go out.

Walmart workers were putting out tons of Halloween candy. it made me sad since I don't think we will be trick or treating this year nor will I hand out candy. Don't want anyone to get sick including my daughter and I.

Another thing this damn virus has ruined for us.

Here, tests are free and the vaccine will be free. It breaks my heart that y'all across that arbitrary line that we all revere as a "border" dont have greater access to all these things. :(

Last I heard, Halloween is still on here. The Premiere said it 'worries him' and asked people to stay home, but left it to cities to make decisions on more restrictions. So far, I think that our officials are planning to allow for it. Which boggles my mind.

Im sad for you and your daughter. Do you usually dress up too?

For me, Ill just buy all the halloween treats and eat them myself. So no changes here in that regard :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, soon said:

For me, Ill just buy all the halloween treats and eat them myself. So no changes here in that regard :lol:

Haha.....I do that too except I buy and stock up on the candy after Halloween has passed and its all on sale. I love me some bargains on candy! Candy is my vice....I would eat a lot of it growing up so my parents would hide it under the bed or in their closets. I always found it! :lol:

But back to COVID. K thru 6 may start in school classes in one month but high-school not until January. Alaska is already getting quite cool and with everyone inside I expect our numbers will really rise. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Haha.....I do that too except I buy and stock up on the candy after Halloween has passed and its all on sale. I love me some bargains on candy! Candy is my vice....I would eat a lot of it growing up so my parents would hide it under the bed or in their closets. I always found it! :lol:

But back to COVID. K thru 6 may start in school classes in one month but high-school not until January. Alaska is already getting quite cool and with everyone inside I expect our numbers will really rise. 

True to both -candy & being inside next couple months -  I like 90 pack of small Kitkat + CoffeeCrisp 🍫 etx...  bring one as a snack with morning coffee lasts till Xmas  😋  back to COVID-19 => anyone remember last spring seems like with all handwashing and Purel I don’t remember catching a cold...whereas previous years...  hopefully masks & hand hygene will ease cold-like symptoms🥴?  
 

And cause less « fake covid alerts »- got a couple co workers who had to stay home after schools asked for their young kids to be tested (they also got tested)... here takes ~ 2days to get results.  This seems futile if most kids have flu like symptoms every month!!!  Need those quick test kits (saliva ones) they mention will/R avail in airports & such this seems to be  New Normal (until vaccine)

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, MikeD said:

True to both -candy & being inside next couple months -  I like 90 pack of small Kitkat + CoffeeCrisp 🍫 etx...  bring one as a snack with morning coffee lasts till Xmas  😋  back to COVID-19 => anyone remember last spring seems like with all handwashing and Purel I don’t remember catching a cold...whereas previous years...  hopefully masks & hand hygene will ease cold-like symptoms🥴?  
 

And cause less « fake covid alerts »- got a couple co workers who had to stay home after schools asked for their young kids to be tested (they also got tested)... here takes ~ 2days to get results.  This seems futile if most kids have flu like symptoms every month!!!  Need those quick test kits (saliva ones) they mention will/R avail in airports & such this seems to be  New Normal (until vaccine)

I had to look up a Coffee Crisp....dang, those look delish!! and I LOVE Kit Kat and Reese's peanut butter cups.  I also pair my Kit kats with coffee. :)

and yeah I feel all the sanitizing and masks definitely helped me not to get my usual spring sinus infection.  I work with young toddlers and some of them have had to be tested and the turn around time here was also a couple of days. It has gotten faster, used to take 5 days. Some pediatricians here are now testing children even if their only symptom is a runny nose! They ain't playing around....

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I had to look up a Coffee Crisp....dang, those look delish!! and I LOVE Kit Kat and Reese's peanut butter cups.  I also pair my Kit kats with coffee. :)

and yeah I feel all the sanitizing and masks definitely helped me not to get my usual spring sinus infection.  I work with young toddlers and some of them have had to be tested and the turn around time here was also a couple of days. It has gotten faster, used to take 5 days. Some pediatricians here are now testing children even if their only symptom is a runny nose! They ain't playing around....

Here same,  this year isn''t many flu cases. Accord the doctors, face masks, sanitizing hands .and social distancing helped that  this year flu almost disappared.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Haha.....I do that too except I buy and stock up on the candy after Halloween has passed and its all on sale. I love me some bargains on candy! Candy is my vice....I would eat a lot of it growing up so my parents would hide it under the bed or in their closets. I always found it! :lol:

What a rascal you were!! :lol: Great tip, Ill be stocking up afterwards too! The only choice is between the 30 pieces and the 50 pieces boxes, lol. Boxes of smarties for me, but I think you dont have them there. Theyre little, colourful, candy coated chocolate things. :drool:

12 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

 I also pair my Kit kats with coffee. :)

Sounds so good! I made some chocolate and coconut macaroons that I have with my morning coffee. Pretty tasty is I dare say so myself!

 

On Covid, we are officially in the second wave here. Authorities announced it yesterday. Weve had sustained new daily cases that are 'May level' and are 'headed towards April numbers.' 63 new daily cases yesterday. Authorities politely stated the the problem is the covidiots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, soon said:

On Covid, we are officially in the second wave here. Authorities announced it yesterday. Weve had sustained new daily cases that are 'May level' and are 'headed towards April numbers.' 63 new daily cases yesterday. Authorities politely stated the the problem is the covidiots.

Same here, they addressed the nation about the same thing yesterday, and starting sunday there will be new restrictions in certain regions... most people haven't really been social distancing for a long time now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is a legit 2nd wave or if there are more cases because more younger people and children are getting tested. If a kid has sniffles they won't be let back in school and there are now people waiting for 3+ hours to get tested because they can't get back into schools/daycare without a negative test result. Have death rates surged again?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same here, they addressed the nation about the same thing yesterday, and starting sunday there will be new restrictions in certain regions... most people haven't really been social distancing for a long time now.

Sucks, sorry to hear that. Yeah, our Province is surging, but it was the local health authorities that announced that my city is in a second wave. Im honestly not sure about the whole country - its too big for me to keep track of it all! haha

People here seem to be shaping up so far. The officials said that most new local cases are determined to be a result of people being careless in social interactions. So that offers me some peace of mind that Im not at risk in that way - I protect myself and avoid those situations.

Some days it all feels rather surreal to me.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems this virus just continues to stick around and when you think things might be getting a little better, here it comes again.

I know some companies are getting a vaccine ready, but nothing has been approved yet. How can they expect people to trust this vaccine when it's not even approved by the FDA or CDC?

If Trump pushes something that's not ready, when a real vaccine is ready, no one will trust it.

Is this Trump's plan? If we don't get something by next year, people will be out of their minds with worry, me included!

So tired of bad news. Just wear a mask and stay in as much as possible. What the hell is so hard about that? People are constantly on their phones anyone. Shouldn't be too hard.

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I'm not sure if this is a legit 2nd wave or if there are more cases because more younger people and children are getting tested. If a kid has sniffles they won't be let back in school and there are now people waiting for 3+ hours to get tested because they can't get back into schools/daycare without a negative test result. Have death rates surged again?

Honestly, I think this is the same wave. I don't think this virus comes and goes in waves. It's constantly around and people think it's okay to stop wearing a mask and go out and about. This virus is just watching and waiting for anyone to make a mistake.

People are still getting sick and dying, so I don't think anything has changed.

No waves, just one constant wave of death.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think even with a real vaccine, we might still have to wear masks and use hand sanitizer for a long time to come.

NYC has pushed back the opening of their schools until October. Like I said before, many of those school buildings are very old and have over 4 or 5 floors for students to go upstairs to get to different classes. There's no a/c or ventalization. I guess maybe in October once the weather gets cooler, it does in NYC, they can maybe open the windows a little to circulate the air, but what about the hallways?

It's not an easy solution to find right now. But obviously some students are getting the virus and some schools are closing again.

And I wish people would stop staying getting back to "normal" I don't think we'll ever be normal again. At least not like we once were.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My sister works in ICU at Royal Derby hospital and they’re getting swamped again with covid cases.

I work in care and I’ve been asked to cancel all of my leave until at least after Christmas as we are expecting things to get bad again - I hope the second wave doesn’t end up being as bad as they seem to be anticipating. 

  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not surprising though. In the UK since July there has been a massive push to get people to go back to normal. Eat out, get back to the office, go do what you've missed get back down the pub dont keep 2meters away keep one meter plus.  Everything back to normal by christmas. People were obviously going to see that as panic over let's just do whatever especially 16-25 year olds who'd just spent their entire summer being couped up indoors missing school, missing exams they were basically told to get back on wait I it and now they're being made scapegoats for this new wave. It fucking stinks.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, soon said:

What a rascal you were!! :lol: Great tip, Ill be stocking up afterwards too! The only choice is between the 30 pieces and the 50 pieces boxes, lol. Boxes of smarties for me, but I think you dont have them there. Theyre little, colourful, candy coated chocolate things. :drool:

Sounds so good! I made some chocolate and coconut macaroons that I have with my morning coffee. Pretty tasty is I dare say so myself!

 

On Covid, we are officially in the second wave here. Authorities announced it yesterday. Weve had sustained new daily cases that are 'May level' and are 'headed towards April numbers.' 63 new daily cases yesterday. Authorities politely stated the the problem is the covidiots.

Canadian candy is so different! Once again I had to google "Canadian Smartie." :P They are very different than our smarties...yours look like M&Ms which I like too! There really isn't a candy I don't like. And macaroons?? Yeah those are also the bomb too. Yum!!!! 

Oh and that is awesome that your authorities used the phrase covidiots. We have so many of the those people up here it isn't even funny.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...