COVID-19 Outbreak

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, soon said:

183 new daily cases yesterday in my city yesterday, with a record breaking province wide day of 900 new cases set to be announced today. And its because everyone is an idiot. Plain and simple.

We're expecting to get further re-imposed measures yet again today. Things no one had to tell me not to do to begin with. So in walks the nanny state to wipe your asses.

I know how many times do people need to be told what to do right now? I mean it's nothing new with masks and distancing and avoiding crowds and washing out hands. 

I saw Bill Gates on CNN yesterday talking to Anderson Cooper. Anderson asked him if he thinks we will still be wearing masks and distancing by this time next year? He said yes and I agree with him. Since you won't know who has gotten the vaccine you can't trust others to be okay even after a year or so. I don't think this virus will go away anytime soon even with a vaccine. 

And now here comes flu season and alot of parents haven't gotten their kids vaccinated for other diseases due to the virus, so who knows what will be floating around next?

I mean bars in Texas will be opening and honestly do you think anyone will be distancing and wearing a mask when they are drinking? This is going to be a mess.

Numbers are still up around the US and yet Trump does nothing even after he got the damn virus! What a moron!

Everyday I get up and everyday it's the same old shit. So sick of it. Nothing good happens at all these days.

Halloween is fucked and Christmas probably will be too. No Macy's parade, no trick or treating and everyone will be Christmas shopping online so many more stores and malls will be closing possibly for good.

This virus is taking everything that we hold dear to us all and yet people still think it's all political. Meanwhile the US has over 220,000 deaths and the deaths have gone up quickly in the past two weeks. How can you not be scared by this?

52 minutes ago, Ratam said:

Frontman TOOL has Covid in febraury, but him still isn"t full recovery. He still have serious consequence.

A lot of people who have had the virus aren't the same afterwards. 

Chris Cuomo calls it the long haul because you have side effects that linger for a long time. He still doesn't feel all that well.

I don't understand how Trump can think he's okay? I mean usually by the 7th day it can be a hit or miss with this virus.

Heard him in a phone interview and he was coughing and sounding hoarse. It's just crazy.

• Like 2
On 10/8/2020 at 10:11 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree with you. When the virus first broke out, I said it would be here until December. Now I know it will be and I'm betting it'll be around for next year too.

The more Trump pushes for a vaccine, the more people won't take it. This is going to be one big mess for a long time to come.

If we stay well it'll be a miracle. With Texas bars opening, you know stupid people will be out drinking and not distancing because they want to hook up. lol Either way, the virus is happy.

I work, shop once a week and other times stay inside and wear a mask when out at all times.  From what I've heard from people who have had the virus, it's a long haul to get well and feel well, so I hope I don't get it nor anyone in my family.  It's not something that will go away quickly and God help you if you wind up in the hospital. That scares the shit out of me.

Wow! Awesome for her. See you can get it more than once. That sucks.

She eliminated it from the country (New Zealand) and then it came back so eliminated it again. But @DieselDaisyis a sarky bugger so he probably meant it just proves she never really eliminated it in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

has anyone else here, anyone from England, got a corona test through the post saying its for 'research'?

They just want your DNA and they couldn’t be arsed distilling it out of your dad’s mate’s tea. :lol: 

13 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

She eliminated it from the country (New Zealand) and then it came back so eliminated it again. But @DieselDaisyis a sarky bugger so he probably meant it just proves she never really eliminated it in the first place.

Since New Zealand is an island, I guess it was easier to shut stuff down.

In the US we have 50 states that want to do different shit and crazy ass morons that consider wearing a mask to fuck with their rights. So sick of that shit.

George Carlin did a skit on people bitching about their rights and he said shut up we have no rights. You just think you do. Love that man. He would have had such insight to this virus. Would have loved his take on all this shit!

American has over 200000 dead and still Trump just doesn't talk about it and still wants to have his conventions.

say bye to the old world folks. They're preparing us for another lockdown, and I have an empty feeling the world won't be the same afterwards.

I need to get an urgent dental procedure but my dentists tells me to wait two weeks, and then see how things will be. Lockdown, obviously. 

the politicians and experts give me an utter incompetent / incoherent impression. all they seem to do is fighting with each other, blaming each other. I see no efficient measures worthy of the title. it is all incredibly frustrating.

Even my dad, one of the most sober people you'll meet, doesn't know it anymore. that's seriously worrying, man.

21 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

when experts flip flop their stance, it's a normal process of scientific understanding.

If the common folk flip flop their stance, it's proof of their stupidity.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I always thought Ian looked like a throwback of human evolution and now he acts like it too. 

He is not completely wrong when it is pointed out that Patrick Valance has £600,000 shareholding in a firm that develops vaccines!

The news said numbers in North Texas are going up again.

I know Gov Abbott wants the bars to open, so not surprised there at all.

And the Jewish neighborhoods in NYC don't want to stay inside again and want to worship. These are the same people who don't get their kids vaccinated.

You know if Hitler were alive he'd be jumping for joy that more Jews might die because they don't want to stay inside and wear a mask. I just don't understand it.

This virus just knows how stupid some people are about certain ways to keep yourself safe and it just loves infecting them.

Yeah, we have to learn to live with this virus, but you don't have to be stupid about it. Where is the common sense?  I get annoyed to, but I'm so used to seeing people wearing masks now and it makes me relieved that they are trying tos tay safe as well as me.

On 10/9/2020 at 1:24 AM, action said:

with infections rising every day, but with people arguably taking more precautions than at the start of the epidemy, it doesn't take a genious to see the discrepancy here.

I would say the opposite is happening.  When things got bad in March, everything here stopped.  Every business shut down, ever person who could worked from home.  Later when things started to open up again people abided by social distance guidelines.  Now, whenever I got to the store, nobody gives a shit about keeping a proper distance.  Many people wear masks improperly (nose sticking out) or not wearing masks at all.  Exhaustion of precaution has kicked in.  

• Like 2
On 8/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, DieselDaisy said:

What are the opinions on Poland?

I see they've banned the yanks: https://www.thefirstnews.com/article/poland-tightens-coronavirus-measures-amid-record-infections-14593. If they ban the Brits I'll get a full refund from Jet2 (and not be too aggrieved as it isn't ideal). 

Poland is one of those countries that is shaped by history, even in literal sense.

I can't blame them for their stance on isolation, and immigration. I like their style.

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Liverpool are still champions. The Toon are still mid table mediocrity. London sides all dropped into the bottom third. 

Is this a cypher about cricket? Or possibly a play-by-play of naval battles?