56 minutes ago, soon said:

Awesome hat! I like that style a lot. I like that yours has that 'lived-in' look going too. Tells a story.

I now have 3 cowboy hats. For at least a year I considered getting a leather one. Same shade and largely the same cut as yours, actually. But I worried I couldnt pull off the leather look. So my new hat was the step up from straw, but shy of leather.

My grandpa loved wearing cowboy hats and he was born in Brooklyn. He loved cool belt buckles and those little neckties they wear too.

I know he would have loved to come live in Texas but he died before he could do it.

He also had a garden when my grandparents owned a home. He loved to grow veggies. He was such a great person. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh, thanks for the tip. The rugged durability really is a point in its favour. Certainly none of my other cowboy hats are weather proof.

Interesting that you mention respect for the animal. Theres a program here wherein hunters can take fresh deer hides to drop off points at places like bait shops and hardware stores. The hides are then distributed to indigenous crafts people who make products out of them. Cowboy hats are one thing that was available. And they carried them at the local saddlery too! But the fucking right wingers in charge of the province cut a substantial portion of the funding though. So I can only hope that it survives the pandemic. On Etsy theres some ranch-made hats too that really respect the animal.

well, you know what to do.

I actually envy you. you're able to buy a handmade product like that. I bought mine from a dodgy street seller (still quality though).

I love handmade stuff, more and more. like that spade I bought earlier. it's my proud and joy, and my personal fitness attribute. I don't need amphetamines, I have a spade.

you're a lucky man, soon. you have animals around you, I have two decorative chickens made of stone in my garden. If I want to see my chickens, I need to go to the neighbours.

it seems, you're the left version of me. I believe, you could teach me to become more left, and i could teach you to become more right, so we both become more centered, and getting closer to real whisdom. We're both kind of clueless and wearing blinders, come to think of it. I also believe, age makes you more centered. I'm certainly becoming more centered as I get older.

it's not about changing the world, it never was. it's about keeping to world as it is, to the best of our capabilities.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, soon said:

When the lads along the canal in Manchester are having their way with you, you turn back and demand that they buy you breakfast, dont ya? :P

The best thing about being a power bottom is that your hands and mouth aren't in use so you can even eat breakfast in the middle of relations. :lol: 

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My grandpa loved wearing cowboy hats and he was born in Brooklyn. He loved cool belt buckles and those little neckties they wear too.

I know he would have loved to come live in Texas but he died before he could do it.

He also had a garden when my grandparents owned a home. He loved to grow veggies. He was such a great person. 

He sounds too cool! NYC, gardening, cowboy swag. I want to be him!

Im sure he enjoys being with you in spirit, in Texas.

31 minutes ago, action said:

well, you know what to do.

I actually envy you. you're able to buy a handmade product like that. I bought mine from a dodgy street seller (still quality though).

I love handmade stuff, more and more. like that spade I bought earlier. it's my proud and joy, and my personal fitness attribute. I don't need amphetamines, I have a spade.

Maybe I should get one well I can. But 4 cowboy hats sounds a bit extreme.

Youd enjoy Etsy. All this homemade stuff. Whatever you want, someone is hand-making it on there :headbang:My old man pajamas I mentioned wearing with my hat come from Etsy

Owning that spade would put me in beast mode too!

34 minutes ago, action said:

you're a lucky man, soon. you have animals around you, I have two decorative chickens made of stone in my garden. If I want to see my chickens, I need to go to the neighbours.

Most days I see my cat, 2 types of woodpeckers, crows, grey jays, sparrows, cardinals, oriels, osprey, squirles and often racoons. Cant think of the last time I saw a deer though. I envy you having the hens to go visit nearby.

Soon I will be worm farming too!

37 minutes ago, action said:

I believe, you could teach me to become more left

Yes

38 minutes ago, action said:

and i could teach you to become more right

Nah

38 minutes ago, action said:

it's about keeping to world as it is, to the best of our capabilities.

Id like for the world not to be in a climate crisis. Goes back to what you said about respecting the animals.

40 minutes ago, action said:

We're both kind of clueless and wearing blinders

I thought this was just a bit of kink? :lol:

But yeah, in the whise words of Ozzy Osbourne "I dont wanna change the world, and I dont want the world to change me" :headbang:

• Haha 1

50,000 errant cancer diagnoses because of the kung flu estimated, creating cancer ticking time bomb.

9 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Incongruent.

Edited by DieselDaisy
33 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Wearing a face mask for the first time right now. I can get used to this. 

Oh really? I still hate it. As I'm mostly at home or out in the open air, luckily I don't have to wear it much, but I still have trouble breathing in it. Plus it's hot. I suppose that won't be a problem this time of year in Norway.

38 minutes ago, Lio said:

Oh really? I still hate it. As I'm mostly at home or out in the open air, luckily I don't have to wear it much, but I still have trouble breathing in it. Plus it's hot. I suppose that won't be a problem this time of year in Norway.

It is warm, yes, and breathing feels different. But obviously enough air gets through so it is just a matter of getting used to it, I suppose. 

Cold in Norway, yes, but I am out travelling. Hence the need to wear a mask. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only wore one once back in June. Never again.

Oh what a child you are. 

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Why is that? I haven't conceivably been in a situation where I have been expected or required to wear a mask.

You haven't been in a shop since June?

68% increase in suicides in London alone. London Ambulance Service attending 37 attempted suicides per day (compared to 22 in 2019).

Just now, Dazey said:

Bollocks! How have you managed not to starve then? 

I thought you would be even more aware than me of a certain thing called online delivery?

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why is that? I haven't conceivably been in a situation where I have been expected or required to wear a mask.

Because of your childishly rebellious statement that you will never wear a mask again. 

I believe I remember a post from Diesel where he talked about shopping for relatives. 

Edited by SoulMonster
1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Because of your childishly rebellious statement that you will never wear a mask about. 

It would be funny if you argued with your former self on the subject of masks. Even Boris would be embarrassed by the level of your u-turn. 

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It would be funny if you argued with your former self on the subject of masks. Even Boris would be embarrassed by the level of your u-turn. 

soulie is with Trump on the subject of mouth masks, both being on record to heavily criticise the use of face masks, and ridicule those who do.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I have always been an advocate of following recommendations from the health experts. If they don't recommend wearing masks, or even advice against it -- because it is considered to not be beneficial due to low spread or because of uncertain supply -- then I will not wear one; and when they do say I have to wear one, like right now, I wear one. It is not more complicated that that, although that is apparently too complicated for you. 

Just now, action said:

soulie is with Trump on the subject of mouth masks, both being on record to heavily criticise the use of face masks, and ridicule those who do.

Only you when you insisted on wearing one when it was not recommended. Right? 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

68% increase in suicides in London alone. London Ambulance Service attending 37 attempted suicides per day (compared to 22 in 2019).

I thought you would be even more aware than me of a certain thing called online delivery?

So hand on heart you're saying you've not set foot in any commercial premises since June? You've not taken public transport anywhere? 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I have always been an advocate of following recommendations from the health experts.

but this is precisely the problem: you acted on here as if you WERE an expert, not missing an opportunity to refer to your knowledge on bacteriae and viruses.

Just now, action said:

but this is precisely the problem: you acted on here as if you WERE an expert, not missing an opportunity to refer to your knowledge on bacteriae and viruses.

Is it really a problem that you felt I acted like an expert? And keep in mind that I regularly explicitly stated I wasn't? :lol:

No, that wasn't a problem. The problem is your inability to think.