5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'm sure the mainstream media will ignore this seismic revelation,

EnVjfyRWEAMARKh?format=jpg&name=small

In other words, your lockdowns have been to no avail

I am sure you are just echoing something you read on twitter and hence that arguing with you is pointless, but just for the record: Lockdowns were not exclusively a measure to prevent spread from asymptomatic cases. Lockdowns are also intended prevent spread from symptomatic cases.

Personally I am not the least bit surprised that asymptomatic cases are not very infectious, how could they be when they don't have symptoms like coughs and runny noses? 

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I am sure you are just echoing something you read on twitter and hence that arguing with you is pointless

I gather my articles (and piece of interest) from a plethora of sources, not just twitter - NB., that many pertaining to this subject matter are scientifically driven, and are adequately sourced. Also NB most of them have been ignored by you, the self-delegated ''Mr Science'' of mygnr, because they conflict with your narrative. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I gather my articles (and piece of interest) from a plethora of sources, not just twitter - NB., that many pertaining to this subject matter are scientifically driven, and are adequately sourced. Also NB most of them have been ignored by you, the self-delegated ''Mr Science'' of mygnr, because they conflict with your narrative. 

Sure! But just keep in mind that lockdowns are to prevent any spread, from symptomatic and asymptomatic cases, and hence this study and its findings does not invalidate the purpose of lockdowns :)

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The US had over 200,000 cases the other day. No one seems to be taking this seriously after all these months. 

I wish the doctors had found a cure because all those sick people won't be able to get vaccinated and probably most will die. Just too much shit.

Vaccines are kind of the cure. 

Astrazenica's candidate works, absolutely incredible. Humanity is now 3-3 with the coronavirus vaccine. I do not believe we have even had any major failures yet, right?

It blows my mind these are panning out (in a good way!)

21 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Astrazenica's candidate works, absolutely incredible. Humanity is now 3-3 with the coronavirus vaccine. I do not believe we have even had any major failures yet, right?

It blows my mind these are panning out (in a good way!)

I never really doubted that the companies developing these vaccines would come up with something that worked. This latest one I'm especially excited about as it's much cheaper and easier to produce and it doesn't have to be stored at extremely low temperatures like the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines. It's also the one that the UK government has ordered the most does of so hoping it means we can start getting back to normal ASAP.

I call this whole saga of problem - solution "the microsoft model".

First make software (the virus), build in defects, release patches (the vaccin) to cure the defects, new defects come to light, new patches until your PC crashes.

Personally I'm more of the old typewriter model, all I need is some ink and paper, and no electricity or software needed. I have one from the 60s that my granddad used, and it still does it's job. I've lost count how many PC's I went through in life though.

with all these different vaccines, it's like chosing between a mac and a PC, between sony, microsoft and nintendo. I'm sure there will be fanboys who vouch for one particular vaccin. "Get N or get out". "for the players"

"have you started with retirement savings yet? we have the perfect solution for you"

Our health has now officially become "capitalised", we're now like machines that need software and patches for "improved stability"

Edited by action
6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Corona vaccines are a lot like buses: you wait forever then three arrive at once.

I wonder what happens if you take all three at once? A Pfizer/Moderna/Oxford cocktail?

You turn orange and start ranting about incorrect legal pathways to pursue conspiracy theories in the courts

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think you are infected with TDS.

I hvent even pointed out that "Tumps a pussy" or that hes incompetent, nor stepped over the bodies of workers to make a lame and obvious trump joke, once today. So I think Im good. I appreciate your concern though. Immunity via reasoning I suppose.

7 minutes ago, soon said:

I hvent even pointed out that "Tumps a pussy" or that hes incompetent, nor stepped over the bodies of workers to make a lame and obvious trump joke, once today. So I think Im good. I appreciate your concern though. Immunity via reasoning I suppose.

It is not too late for you. Listening to some Kid Rock whilst wearing a red baseball cap and perusing one of Trump's ''get rich quick'' tomes, you could yet acquire immunities against TDS. Repeated viewings of Home Alone 2 will also help.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is not too late for you. Listening to some Kid Rock whilst wearing a red baseball cap and perusing one of Trump's ''get rich quick'' tomes, you could yet acquire immunities against TDS. Repeated viewings of Home Alone 2 will also help.

That is not a very good sales pitch! :lol:

(Also everything I said about him is factual and apparent)

Texas numbers are way up, but the Gov won't close down anything. 

I figure before long, schools will have to close down again. 

Most doctors agree everyone will be vaccinated by spring.  I really hate that kids have to wait the longest to get their vaccine. The news keeps saying most kids get mild cases, but there have been plenty of kids dying from this virus.

Saw 60 Minutes last night and Anderson Cooper talked to many patients who had mild cases of the virus, but then a few months later were experiencing weird side effects.  one doctor said patients who died had blood clots in their brains and other organs.

One doctor said since any treatment for covid ramped up your immune systems they think their systems are still overacting like you still have the virus, so it'll take awhile for it to realize there's no more virus. Meanwhile, some of these people have terrible pain and fatigue and headaches too.  Now they are calling it "long hauling". It's the gift that keeps on giving. Which sucks.

Over 2 million people are traveling for the holidays.  And I doubt they will quaranteen for 14 days before they leave. Planes are packed again too. I hope it's worth it 

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

If people take them...the antimaskers up here are pretty anti vaccine. 

Yeah, many people don't want to take this vaccine and that's what's scary. This virus won't ever go away if people don't get vaccinated. I know people who still don't get the flu shot and Texas is bad with parents not wanting their kids to get vaccinated and it's okay with the state.

24 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, many people don't want to take this vaccine and that's what's scary. This virus won't ever go away if people don't get vaccinated. I know people who still don't get the flu shot and Texas is bad with parents not wanting their kids to get vaccinated and it's okay with the state.

Unfortunately, it will become a "their problem" sort of thing after a certain amount of time passes. I do no think the floodgates of normalcy should be opened as soon as vaccines are out in the wild more. It will take a bit of time to get to where we need to be, and if some of the population is initially hesitant, it is understandable. 

I will be getting mine when the time comes, though, and I'll probably go on a trip a month or two after

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Let natural selection be the deciding factor once the vaccine becomes available. If you don’t want it, fine. Maybe your ideas and you are better off dead...

Ikr? It'll all work out. Enough suspicion and antivaccers to leave enough vaccines for the rest of us.

10 hours ago, downzy said:

This roller coaster sucks. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

In free societies people should be able to opt-out with no recrimination.

Not when it hurts other people.

For the same reason you are not allowed to hit other people on the head with a hammer or drive in 180 km/h passed a school.

So your kind of "free society" doesn't really exist. There are laws preventing people from hurting others, and that could easily include laws against refusing to take vaccines which will inevitably (as we have recently seen with measles outbreak etc) lead to other people being hurt. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1