Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


Recommended Posts

On 10/12/2020 at 5:57 PM, soon said:

“Hate” is a strong word which I reserve solely for Rian Johnson.

(so, wait, your post was about covid??)

Add me on the list for a strong dislike of Rian Johnson.

Took an OK start to the sequel trilogy, and flushed it down the toilet. Poor story telling, little world building, and so many things that make no sense. 

I'm one of those crazy fans that wished Disney used George's outlines for the sequels. Couldn't have been much worse than what we got. Of course I loved the prequels, and originals of course.

The Disney damage has been done, but at least The Mandalorian is helping makeup for how bad the sequels were. I hope we get the awesome Luke action we deserve eventually. 

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Add me on the list for a strong dislike of Rian Johnson.

Took an OK start to the sequel trilogy, and flushed it down the toilet. Poor story telling, little world building, and so many things that make no sense. 

I'm one of those crazy fans that wished Disney used George's outlines for the sequels. Couldn't have been much worse than what we got. Of course I loved the prequels, and originals of course.

The Disney damage has been done, but at least The Mandalorian is helping makeup for how bad the sequels were. I hope we get the awesome Luke action we deserve eventually. 

Agreed about the Lucas outlines! What could have been! Maybe they could novelize them one day? Just not as the sequels.

To be a Star Wars fan and a Guns fan is painful. Its just a bunch of "what could have beens" :facepalm:

I dont hate TROS either. Ive only seen it a handful of times - so it benefits from a "yay star wars" vibe still for me.

I love Clone Wars too, so Mando is extra cool on that level to me. And tomorrow there a slim chance we see Luke!! But more likely Ezra from Rebels. Maybe Mace?

But yeah, we need and deserve a proper Luke action one day! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, soon said:

Agreed about the Lucas outlines! What could have been! Maybe they could novelize them one day? Just not as the sequels.

To be a Star Wars fan and a Guns fan is painful. Its just a bunch of "what could have beens" :facepalm:

I dont hate TROS either. Ive only seen it a handful of times - so it benefits from a "yay star wars" vibe still for me.

I love Clone Wars too, so Mando is extra cool on that level to me. And tomorrow there a slim chance we see Luke!! But more likely Ezra from Rebels. Maybe Mace?

But yeah, we need and deserve a proper Luke action one day! 

The Lucas outlines apparently took place closer to the events of ROTJ, with Maul being the primary villain, with Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order with the help of some surviving prequel era Jedi. I'm hoping some ideas for future content in the timeline around that time are used.

I really, really hope it is Mace!

One of these days I need to watch all of the cartoon series. I've seen the old Cartoon Network shorts (2002-2003?) and loved those.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

The Lucas outlines apparently took place closer to the events of ROTJ, with Maul being the primary villain, with Luke rebuilding the Jedi Order with the help of some surviving prequel era Jedi. I'm hoping some ideas for future content in the timeline around that time are used.

I really, really hope it is Mace!

One of these days I need to watch all of the cartoon series. I've seen the old Cartoon Network shorts (2002-2003?) and loved those.

Oh they could totally use Lucas' outlines then. And it would be fantastic! Maybe with de aged Hamill?

Im hoping for Mace too, for many reasons including that he killed Bobas dad, Jango. Would be dynamic!!

Yeah, those shorts are cool! Clone Wars takes until season 3 for it to become self aware that its much more than a typical childrens cartoon. It gets really deep. And so much more of the force is explored. Rich lore. So good that its all over mando. I like Rebels, but cartoons arent ultimately my jam. Clone Wars is just that good!

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, soon said:

Oh they could totally use Lucas' outlines then. And it would be fantastic! Maybe with de aged Hamill?

Im hoping for Mace too, for many reasons including that he killed Bobas dad, Jango. Would be dynamic!!

Yeah, those shorts are cool! Clone Wars takes until season 3 for it to become self aware that its much more than a typical childrens cartoon. It gets really deep. And so much more of the force is explored. Rich lore. So good that its all over mando. I like Rebels, but cartoons arent ultimately my jam. Clone Wars is just that good!

Same here! (With some exceptions) I'm going to do my best to minimize my social media tomorrow to avoid spoilers for the season finale of Mando. All these pricks have spoilers in thumbnails and titles!

  • GNFNR 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Same here! (With some exceptions) I'm going to do my best to minimize my social media tomorrow to avoid spoilers for the season finale of Mando. All these pricks have spoilers in thumbnails and titles!

Ill try not to post any spoilers here in the Covid thread :lol:

I cannot wait for tomorrows episode!! rock3

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Yes, that's how I would choose, too. But I see how one could argue differently. You can theoretically save more lives by first vaccinating the groups that contain the most infections, to reduce total infections in society which will benefit those most likely to die. But I agree.

Teachers need to be added to this list. They are around kids all the time and since we do need our teachers to teach and take care of our kids, they should be essential workers too.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Same here! (With some exceptions) I'm going to do my best to minimize my social media tomorrow to avoid spoilers for the season finale of Mando. All these pricks have spoilers in thumbnails and titles!

I'm confident on it being Mace loved this season.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Went into the city for the first time since the new lockdown this week. Even though almost everything is closed, there were still many people in the streets and just like during the first lockdown I saw mostly elderly people and a lot of those oldies don't wear mouth masks either. It's as if they just don't care.

Edited by EvanG
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's official covid has killed more Americans than any thing else. 

I'm so glad there are two vaccines now, but for the people who have died and will continue to die, it doesn't seem good news to me.

Over 311,000 people dead. My God! so many families and friends effected by this virus and it'll be with them for years to come.

Most Americans will be vaccinated by the spring. I wish there was a way to slow down this virus before then. 

Some people are still bitching about wearing a mask. I just hope it keeps the rest of us safe from these morons.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, now there's a nugget,  I didn't know that. Wonder if there's a vid available of it.

I just heard it on public radio. From a quick search since, it was during his appearance where he performed Love Me Tender. It seems they took a picture while he was there but perhaps not video.

Sending you a short vid about it, as Im unclear about posting this one. Includes the publicity picture.

Neat!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, now there's a nugget,  I didn't know that. Wonder if there's a vid available of it.

Wow, my parents were very young, so they probably didn't know this either. I bet my grandparents watched it, but they're gone now. No one left to ask. Good for Elvis. 

well, many important are taking this vaccine and that includes all the medical personnel that are gladly taking it. I know my doctors and therir nurses are taking the vaccine as soon as they can.

I'm waiting my turn and will gladly get it. I just want my daughter to be able to get it sooner rather than later.

Now we have the Christmas break, so no school for 2 and a half weeks. Maybe a miracle will happen between now and then. Lord knows we can use one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

It's official covid has killed more Americans than any thing else. 

I'm so glad there are two vaccines now, but for the people who have died and will continue to die, it doesn't seem good news to me.

Over 311,000 people dead. My God! so many families and friends effected by this virus and it'll be with them for years to come.

Most Americans will be vaccinated by the spring. I wish there was a way to slow down this virus before then. 

Some people are still bitching about wearing a mask. I just hope it keeps the rest of us safe from these morons.

More than ageing?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The west has ordered enough vaccines to vaccinate its people many times over. Poorer countries in Africa and Asia might not get vaccines until 2014. 

I have said it before: We shouldn't let profit-driven corporations be responsible for the development and sale of critical medicines. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The west has ordered enough vaccines to vaccinate its people many times over. Poorer countries in Africa and Asia might not get vaccines until 2014. 

I have said it before: We shouldn't let profit-driven corporations be responsible for the development and sale of critical medicines. 

I read that Astra Zeneca have committed to providing their vaccine at cost to these countries in perpetuity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...