Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, action said:

2020 was worse than 2019, and 2019 was worse than the year before, and so on.

Except that by most commonly used metrics (child death, life expectancies, poverty, war casualties) the trend is that things are getting better for humanity, not worse.

 

9 hours ago, action said:

Year after year, the BS is increasing

Oh? What bullshit is this?

 

9 hours ago, action said:

and it's always something new they find to disturbe our peace with. terrorists, fukushima, large forest infernos, the gulf of mexico, greta thunberg, creepy diseases

"Disturb our peace"? :lol: But yes, we do have catastrophes, we do have wars, we do have natural disasters, etc. And climate change is a big issue and something we need to fix. Doesn't really alter the fact that we are doing better and better nor make our Covid-19 achievement any less impressive.

 

9 hours ago, action said:

humanity at it's best?

Yes, our response to a new deadly pandemic has been impressive and unprecedented. Want to argue that with facts and rational arguments, or prefer another round of irrelevant babbling of climate change and BS? I reckon the latter. Bring it on :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, action said:

- toilet paper collecting

What?

 

9 hours ago, action said:

- lack of any european coordination: no uniform coloured zones, no uniform curfew, no uniform vaccination strategy, no uniform vaccin period,

You want some overarching organization that dictates each country's response to Covid-19. Okay. I thought you were against such things. Still, doesn't mean our Covid-19 achievement is any less impressive. And btw, it's "vaccine" with an "e" at the end.

 

9 hours ago, action said:

- an increase in snitchyness with the common people

What? :lol:

 

9 hours ago, action said:

- a total and utter lack of respect to old people

Uhm? The world has lost respect for old people this year and that has got something to do with Covid-19? I don't follow. Seems to me that most countries prioritize vaccinating old people.

 

9 hours ago, action said:

as for the vaccin itself, we'll see. You're selling the bear's fur before it's shot

We know it works. What we don't know is if there are any really rare side effects not seen in clinical trials, and for how long it will work. But that doesn't take away from the achievement of having developed novel vaccines against a novel disease in less than 12 months.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Three-four days max on surfaces areas? Possibly you could have eradicated corona if everyone locked themselves in doors for two-three weeks. May have been preferable to what looks like is transpiring into two years of waves, tiers, quasi-lockdowns and general nonsense. Emergency workers only permitted outside. Deliver food/pharmaceuticals via aid parcels to needy. Problem solved - there I have just solved corona.

Further, it would have cost a fraction of cost/logistics of the Nightingale white elephants and the track and trace app disaster.

One sharp extreme lockdown rather than two years of back-and-forth confusion. 

Not exactly a novel thought.

It won't work, of course, because you wouldn't be able to keep enough people on earth locked away at home for 2-3 weeks. Even if you managed to coordinate this on a global scale (because, you know, it is not enough to only do it in England) -- including the slums in India, tribes in Papa Nu Guinea, metropolises as New York -- there would be a sufficient amount of people breaking this enforced lockdown to allow the virus to go on. Morons would be refusing to go along with it because they would say the virus is a hoax, that they refuse to be forced to stay at home as if they were in the Third Reich, they would draw ridiculous parallels to fascism, some would object because they would rather let the world burn than them be locked in, some would avoid lockdown because it would be "God's will" to let the virus take its course, etc etc etc. 

But funny that a person who has been childishly protested against any measures of restrictions previously, like bragging about not wearing face masks, and arguing that what we are seeing now in the UK has parallels to how Nazi Germany developed, would suggest the possibility of forcing people all over the world to stay home for 2-3 weeks withut leaving their houses/apartments/rooms/yurts. Inconsistent much?

What we could possible achievement, though, if we were to follow your idea, would be to suppress the pandemic substantially, but not knock it out. So it would then grow again until we would have to do another global lockdown. And repeat ad nauseum.

So it simply wouldn't work. And again, not exactly a novel thought. It passes through the minds of every virologist, epidemiologist, undergraduate doctor, for about 3 seconds when they learn about viral diseases. Then they laugh it off.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the news right now they say the Hospitals are maxed out but they spent all them millions on that massive field Hospital in Cardiff but then took it down cos only 6 people were admitted same as the nightingale in London I'm led too believe its no longer in use 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Three-four days max on surfaces areas? Possibly you could have eradicated corona if everyone locked themselves in doors for two-three weeks. May have been preferable to what looks like is transpiring into two years of waves, tiers, quasi-lockdowns and general nonsense. Emergency workers only permitted outside. Deliver food/pharmaceuticals via aid parcels to needy. Problem solved - there I have just solved corona.

Further, it would have cost a fraction of cost/logistics of the Nightingale white elephants and the track and trace app disaster.

One sharp extreme lockdown rather than two years of back-and-forth confusion. 

Man, I always thought this also. If everyone could just totally isolate for two weeks, what a huge difference that would make in the fight against the virus.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

I have my TP, my fuel storage, generator, water, food, and my weapons and ammunition, but most importantly, I have my cat. He rescued me.

May God be with you all, be safe!

Good thing you have all those things because according to at least one user on here, the virus is more or less Skynet lol

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good thing you have all those things because according to at least one user on here, the virus is more or less Skynet lol

Oh yes, I'm sure the virus was programmed and released by AI to rid the earth of the most dangerous virus, and that is the human race! lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sweersa said:

Oh yes, I'm sure the virus was programmed and released by AI to rid the earth of the most dangerous virus, and that is the human race! lol

Honestly, I can believe.

The great George Carlin was one amazing comedian, but also a very smart man.

He did a stand up routine about HIV and AIDS. He said that every now and then when humanity fucks up the planet Mother Nature (don't think he believed in a GOD) releases a virus or a plaque to show us all how unimportant we all are.

Mother Nature thinks about a new virus and then decides how to spread it. Oh, I got it, since humanity doesn't seem to use their brains some times, we can release this virus through unprotected sex and using the same drug needles. Of course, once HIV and AIDS was spread through these things, man still wasn't smart enough to take procautions.

So now we have Covid 19 where you can wear a mask, distance about 6 feet and don't be in crowds. it won't last forever, but it may save thousands if not millions of lives.

What does humanity do, especially in a tech world where most people are online or on their cell phones 24/7, they bitch and moan about staying inside for a while and wearing a mask, no way and I have to see all my millions of stupid friends in pools and on beaches and in bars.  

This time around Mother Nature said if humanity uses their common sense, we can slow this virus down until we can find a cure or a vaccine to save lives. What does humanity do? None of the above correctly or for the safe time we were told to do it.

Now there's a vaccine, okay, and now this virus has mutated and the doctors think that this vaccine should cure this strain. Can they give you a definite answer, NO, because since this virus has existed no doctor can figure out anything about this virus. I'm tired of I think, should and could just fucking say I don't know and if you dummies don't do what's asked of you, you and people you know might die.

Everyday the numbers go up. People get sick and people die but to not be able to hold their hands and tell them you love them or even see them, is horrible, yet there are people who still bitch about a mask and please don't travel and yet millions of people did just that between the holidays.

Honestly, for thousands of years experts say the human race will end.  Yet here we still stand fucking up our planet and all living things.

I want a better world for my daughter, but the way things are going do we really deserve one?

Yes, many people have done good things this year, but do we have to have a killer virus to do good things? Can't we just try to be and do our best for ourselves and others. 

I think the time has past for that. Look at this year, look at the deaths and yet some countries are still killing their own people and still waging war for their own selfish ways. So much hate and even with a pandemic still the hate is here.

After we get a handle on this virus, humanity will eventually go back to it's shitty ways and become even more selfish then we were before.

It makes me sick.

I commend some of you who have faith, but I don't. I teach my daughter to be good and respectful to people and tell her we might not get along with everyone, but that's okay. Just be kind and respect them and hopefully they will do the same for you.

our children have a very BIG job ahead of them in trying to make a better world, but I think we're long overdue for a "do over"

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is such an emotionally strange time. We have vaccines, but cases are still soaring, which will lead to greater restrictions. Tied in with the new year approaching, knowing what a disappointment 2020 was, I really don't know how to feel. 

On a personal level, I'm really lucky that I am doing OK and didn't have to apply for the third grant self employment support offered. I've heard that banks are now considering that in mortgage applications (something we weren't warned about before applying for the first two). :blink:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Now there's a vaccine, okay, and now this virus has mutated and the doctors think that this vaccine should cure this strain. Can they give you a definite answer, NO, because since this virus has existed no doctor can figure out anything about this virus.

Nonsense.

23 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Honestly, for thousands of years experts say the human race will end. 

Huh?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

After we get a handle on this virus, humanity will eventually go back to it's shitty ways and become even more selfish then we were before.

Again, according to quite many metrics humanity is doing really well. Conditions for humans are improving every decade.

But we are not going to change our human nature, which includes propensity for selfishness, anger, spite, etc. What we can do is try to organize ourselves in such ways that expressions of these anti-virtues become minimal. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So far not my doctor nor any pharmacies have the vaccine yet. My parents are up for it, but no one has it.

My brother and I can get it since we both have pre-existing conditions and are over 16. I just wish they would hurry up with reports on the vaccine for kids under 16. My daughter just turned 10 and I really want it to be safe for her to have the vaccine, too.

Just so sick of all these doctors saying how we are not handling the vaccine distributions correstly instead of telling us what to do. Instead they say look to the UK and other countries to see what they are doing. That's all well and good but since American has 50 different states and thousands of cities, I doubt it'll work the same way. 

This has been one fucked up year, so not surprised that giving our the vaccine is being done wrong too.

Happy New Year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So far not my doctor nor any pharmacies have the vaccine yet. My parents are up for it, but no one has it.

My brother and I can get it since we both have pre-existing conditions and are over 16. I just wish they would hurry up with reports on the vaccine for kids under 16. My daughter just turned 10 and I really want it to be safe for her to have the vaccine, too.

Just so sick of all these doctors saying how we are not handling the vaccine distributions correstly instead of telling us what to do. Instead they say look to the UK and other countries to see what they are doing. That's all well and good but since American has 50 different states and thousands of cities, I doubt it'll work the same way. 

This has been one fucked up year, so not surprised that giving our the vaccine is being done wrong too.

Happy New Year!

My grandmother is ninety-four and therefore presumably front of the queue yet heard nothing - they ring you apparently.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 7:16 PM, Sweersa said:

I have my TP, my fuel storage, generator, water, food, and my weapons and ammunition, but most importantly, I have my cat. He rescued me.

May God be with you all, be safe!

I don't get the obsession of some people with fucking toilet paper. We all have one arse max and if you run out just give it a rinse in the fucking shower!!!! :lol: 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/29/2020 at 8:25 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Now there's a vaccine, okay, and now this virus has mutated and the doctors think that this vaccine should cure this strain. Can they give you a definite answer, NO, because since this virus has existed no doctor can figure out anything about this virus.

It's because the virus brain keeps getting bigger and manages to out smart the doctors at every turn.

They say this new strain will mutate soon so that it can talk and learn to ride a bike.

Edited by spunko12345
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dazey said:

I don't get the obsession of some people with fucking toilet paper. We all have one arse max and if you run out just give it a rinse in the fucking shower!!!! :lol: 

Toilet paper? I thought he was talking about Trivial Pursuit. Now here's a boring guy, I thought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My brother and his g/f are going to Maui on Saturday. They got a covid test today and are negative.

My doctor's office doesn't have the vaccine because they don't have the equipment to store it at the cold temperature.

Guess whenever Walmart gets the vaccines, my family will have to go there!

This whole vaccine distribution is one big mess too. What a way to end a year!

The doctors predict many more people will die before we get this under control. And if we didn't already have a few vaccines, one doctor said this virus would continue for decades and yet some morons won't wear a mas!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member




×
×
  • Create New...