COVID-19 Outbreak

11 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You are doing great. I am happy for you!

As for burying this monster, as long as other countries are not doing great you can expect to get re-infected by future mutant strains that might bypass the immunity you have gained from the vaccines. So the solution is that we vaccinate everybody to really suppress the virus globally. With pandemics, no country is an island and we really need to look at global solutions.

Absolutely, suppression through global vaccination is the key. Spot on.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

Well, yesterday was the opening game for the Texas Rangers baseball team and they allowed a full house. 

The nighttime world news had the Texas stadium opening as their first story. Some fans they interviewed were so happy to be out again. Whatever! Some wore masks some didn't. Some fans were in a bar eating and drinking before the game sying how they needed this and I was like do you need to get covid too and maybe spreading it to others/

where the hell is the common sense. I would love to see my favorite bands in concert, but they know as well as we do that it's not safe yet, but as long as fans can see their sports all is right with the world.

Dr. Fauci said to get ready for another surge and some states as well as countries are already in it.

I honestly don't think we ever stopped the first surge. I feel this is one big surge that goes on and on and as long as people don't listen to the cdc God help us all.

Now the cdc is saying the virus is spread through the air and not surfaces, so everyone that spent thousands of dollars on lysol wasted their money.

I knew this virus was air born from the start and that's how quickly it spread. 

Even with vaccines this virus will be around for a long time to come. All we can do is try to listen to the doctors and try to be safe.

But it looks like a lot of people are dong what they want to now and forgetting the people getting sick and still dying.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 4/5/2021 at 5:33 PM, RussTCB said:

They just opened another huge vaccination site here in Michigan and everyone over the age of 16 is eligible to go now. 

My wife and I have about 2 weeks to go until out second shot and we couldn't be happier. 

I'd really like to see the huge surge of new cases in Michigan slow the fuck down so we can all get back to normal asap. 

It's worse than ever here right now. Really sucks we couldn't have evaded this. 

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

It's worse than ever here right now. Really sucks we couldn't have evaded this. 

It was something no one could have evaded and although one might question US' handling of the pandemic in 2020, you are doing really good now with vaccination and if you keep this up I believe things will get back to "normal" already this summer for you. Here in Norway, we will not get to 50% vaccinated by this summer, so I expect us to struggle longer than you guys. 

• Like 1

Man alive Brazil is getting crushed right now. Nearly 4200 deaths yesterday and no signs things will get better. 

Another four week stay at home order where I live. We’re not Brazil but things aren’t looking all that great either. Thankfully the weather is very pleasant right now so at least walks and hikes are an option. 

We hit 60% of adults vaccinated a couple of days ago so fingers crossed we're starting to see a way out of this for now. Daily deaths are in the tens and pubs, bars and non essential retail re-open on Monday. I can't wait to have a cold beer! 

• GNFNR 1
20 minutes ago, Dazey said:

We hit 60% of adults vaccinated a couple of days ago so fingers crossed we're starting to see a way out of this for now. Daily deaths are in the tens and pubs, bars and non essential retail re-open on Monday. I can't wait to have a cold beer! 

You don't have a fucking fridge at home you stone age man?

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You don't have a fucking fridge at home you stone age man?

Fridge beer and proper draft beer aren't comparable. 

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

BUT IT IS FUCKING COLD REGARDLESS!!

I'M GOING TO THE FUCKING PUB ON MONDAY ANYWAY!!!!!! :lol:   

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Man alive Brazil is getting crushed right now. Nearly 4200 deaths yesterday and no signs things will get better. 

Another four week stay at home order where I live. We’re not Brazil but things aren’t looking all that great either. Thankfully the weather is very pleasant right now so at least walks and hikes are an option. 

Damn, 4200 deaths in Brazil, not good. You're in Canada, correct?  It's not that good locally or is Canada struggling right now?

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Damn, 4200 deaths in Brazil, not good. You're in Canada, correct?  It's not that good locally or is Canada struggling right now?

Yes, we’ve been hitting close to 10k new cases per day the last few days (if we had the same population as the US this would be roughly equal to 80k-90k cases per day).

We re-opened too early and our vaccine rollout has been really slow. While America has largely opened up vaccine eligibility for almost anyone, we still limiting vaccines to people 65 and older. So most of the new cases and hospitalizations are for younger people.  Deaths are just starting to tick back up and hospitalizations are higher than they have ever been in the last year. Where I live in Ontario things have become so bad that they’re making space for adults in the one hospital we have for children and they’re beginning to ration anti-inflammatory meds.

All could have been avoided if we had more supply of vaccines and/or our political leaders taken seriously the warnings experts were signalling a month ago. Instead our bozo Premier (who is a Trump wannabe) tried to have it both ways by doing nothing consequential to lower the transmission rates.  

49 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Yesterday the U.S. had over 73, 000 new cases and over 2500 deaths. Man, that just is not gonna cut it. The numbers are going in the wrong direction, we have to stay dilligent.

Sorry, but people need to see baseball in person in Texas for some stupid reason.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yesterday the U.S. had over 73, 000 new cases and over 2500 deaths. Man, that just is not gonna cut it. The numbers are going in the wrong direction, we have to stay dilligent.

I know yet Texas and many other states are open for business. Monday's opening day Rangers game almost sold out at 40,000. Some had masks and some didn't. Although they required masks.

Meanwhile Gov Abbott wants Biden to close the borders. I understand so many migrants are coming to the US and Texas isn't equip to take care of them and now there's accusations of abuse, which makes me sick. how can you harm a child? Bastards? But what can we do to help them all? It's just too sad when I see their little faces crying. And knowing bastards are abusing them on both sides of the borders.

I'm glad most people I see are still wearing masks and doctors offices and hospitals won't allow you in unless you're the patient but many younger people now are getting the virus and some are getting very sick and dying. 

Covid won't stop until we continue to stay safe and don't go out to places like bars and beaches. Where is the common sense?

If I hear one more time, I needed this meaning getting out to bars and stadiums, I will continue to yell at my tv, which I've been doing for over a year now.

3 hours ago, Dazey said:

I'M GOING TO THE FUCKING PUB ON MONDAY ANYWAY!!!!!! :lol:   

Stay safe and wear a mask!

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Yes, we’ve been hitting close to 10k new cases per day the last few days (if we had the same population as the US this would be roughly equal to 80k-90k cases per day).

We re-opened too early and our vaccine rollout has been really slow. While America has largely opened up vaccine eligibility for almost anyone, we still limiting vaccines to people 65 and older. So most of the new cases and hospitalizations are for younger people.  Deaths are just starting to tick back up and hospitalizations are higher than they have ever been in the last year. Where I live in Ontario things have become so bad that they’re making space for adults in the one hospital we have for children and they’re beginning to ration anti-inflammatory meds.

All could have been avoided if we had more supply of vaccines and/or our political leaders taken seriously the warnings experts were signalling a month ago. Instead our bozo Premier (who is a Trump wannabe) tried to have it both ways by doing nothing consequential to lower the transmission rates.  

Sorry, but people need to see baseball in person in Texas for some stupid reason.  

OMG! I know and don't get started on the Cowboys. It's like sports are more important than human lives. Meanwhile I haven't seen my concerts for over a year and know it's okay because I don't want to get sick nor do I want anyone else. the bands know this too.

I told you no common sense. "They need to see their favorite teams and drink beer and feel their faces with nachos and bbq> God help us all!

Here skip up cases too, we're in the second wawe now. Yesterday our authority put new restrictions about bars, restaurants, public transport and on and on. 

5 hours ago, downzy said:

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I know yet Texas and many other states are open for business. Monday's opening day Rangers game almost sold out at 40,000. Some had masks and some didn't. Although they required masks.

Meanwhile Gov Abbott wants Biden to close the borders. I understand so many migrants are coming to the US and Texas isn't equip to take care of them and now there's accusations of abuse, which makes me sick. how can you harm a child? Bastards? But what can we do to help them all? It's just too sad when I see their little faces crying. And knowing bastards are abusing them on both sides of the borders.

I'm glad most people I see are still wearing masks and doctors offices and hospitals won't allow you in unless you're the patient but many younger people now are getting the virus and some are getting very sick and dying. 

Covid won't stop until we continue to stay safe and don't go out to places like bars and beaches. Where is the common sense?

If I hear one more time, I needed this meaning getting out to bars and stadiums, I will continue to yell at my tv, which I've been doing for over a year now.

Texas is fucking nuts! Got a message from my brother in law today saying how much he hates that everybody there is armed. In the ER he works in he was saying he's had to deal with a lot of domestic violence victims over the pandemic and had death threats from the dude's he'd had to throw out of the ER for threatening his patients because they don't have proper security in the hospital.

This being the US of course his response was this:

9IXigFl.jpg

zk4SoRj.jpg

When ER doctors are getting fucking tooled up like fucking Rambo you have to stop and ask yourself what the fuck is going on. :facepalm:

Edited by Dazey
4 hours ago, Dazey said:

Texas is fucking nuts! Got a message from my brother in law today saying how much he hates that everybody there is armed. In the ER he works in he was saying he's had to deal with a lot of domestic violence victims over the pandemic and had death threats from the dude's he'd had to throw out of the ER for threatening his patients because they don't have proper security in the hospital.

9IXigFl.jpg

zk4SoRj.jpg

When ER doctors are getting fucking tooled up like fucking Rambo you have to stop and ask yourself what the fuck is going on. :facepalm:

Tennessee sees your insane Texas story and raises you this:  

• Haha 1

I hope Spring/Early summer tours look like this, even after declared pandemic period is over.  I'd take a concert in this environment (as long as weather holds up) over any cramped theatre any day of the week.

That looks like a lot of fun  I've seen variations of that using parking lots (drive in concert) but I haven't see a picture that focused solely on the audience like this one.

Edited by Spike Killer
19 hours ago, Dazey said:

9IXigFl.jpg

zk4SoRj.jpg

Yeah, so many shootings here in Texas and Gov Abbott won't change any gun laws. it's like we're living in the wild west again. 

I think even with stricter gun laws so many guns are gotten illegally, so how can you stop this?

Texans love their sports and guns. I'm living in a state run by morons. Got to get out of this place soon!