Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, lame ass security said:

@Spike Killer, just wondering what you thought was so amusing about my comment? 

All  of it seem amusing to me.  The two of you seem a bit on the crazy side of things.  Global vaccination seems like an ambitious goal.  Let's solve world hunger while we're at it.  I'm sure there are some countries that would be happy to have billions of other people's money in "aid" to make that remotely feasible.

Here's an inspiration quote for the day;

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/474/473316/foreign-aid-is-taking-money-from-the-poor-people-of-a-rich-country-and-giving-it-to-the-rich-people-quote-1.jpg

 

Edited by Spike Killer
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

The mother of my aunt just died from covid19 in the Netherlands. No funeral and she can't go there. This situation is so fucked up.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Spike Killer said:

All  of it seem amusing to me.  The two of you seem a bit on the crazy side of things.  Global vaccination seems like an ambitious goal.  Let's solve world hunger while we're at it.  I'm sure there are some countries that would be happy to have billions of other people's money in "aid" to make that remotely feasible.

Here's an inspiration quote for the day;

http://img.picturequotes.com/2/474/473316/foreign-aid-is-taking-money-from-the-poor-people-of-a-rich-country-and-giving-it-to-the-rich-people-quote-1.jpg

 

Cheerio my good man.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spike Killer said:

All  of it seem amusing to me.  The two of you seem a bit on the crazy side of things.  Global vaccination seems like an ambitious goal. 

It definitely is. But it is not like humanity haven't done similar things before. Read up on smallpox.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

It definitely is. But it is not like humanity haven't done similar things before. Read up on smallpox.

I did and I'm glad you mentioned that.   Everything I've read is that the Covid vaccine will be an annual shot like the Flu vaccine every year. 

https://www.sciencefocus.com/news/coronavirus-not-going-to-be-a-disease-like-smallpox-which-could-be-eradicated-by-vaccination/

“This is a virus that is going to be with us forever in some form or another and almost certainly will require repeated vaccinations,” he said.

“So, a bit like flu, people will need re-vaccination at regular intervals.”

I mentioned you might as well solve food hunger.  If certain developing countries can't keep it's population feed, how can it be expected to keep vaccinating their entire population every year?  One time deal, I can see that happening.  But the countries wouldn't be third world, or developing, if it functioned like the developed world.

Great suggestion.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

One time deal, I can see that happening.

We won't have to vaccinate 100% of the global population every year to suppress the virus. I would guess 20-30% will be sufficient as more and more people have had it and we get the combined immunity from having been through infections and vaccination. It is hard to say now, of course.

And don't get me wrong, it will be very challenging :)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Michigan continues to surge, which is a bummer. I guess the theory is that a lot of people traveled for Spring Break and brought a ton of cases back here. 

Nearly everyone in my personal circle of friends is in the process of being vaccinated. All have had one shot or both, with the exception of 2 people. 

I'm fortunate to not know any anti-vaxxer / the virus is fake / 5G / "I'm not a sheep" people, so I'm happy they're all using common sense and getting vaccinated. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Michigan continues to surge, which is a bummer. I guess the theory is that a lot of people traveled for Spring Break and brought a ton of cases back here. 

Nearly everyone in my personal circle of friends is in the process of being vaccinated. All have had one shot or both, with the exception of 2 people. 

I'm fortunate to not know any anti-vaxxer / the virus is fake / 5G / "I'm not a sheep" people, so I'm happy they're all using common sense and getting vaccinated. 

I was reading that Ohio is likely just as bad as Michigan. The test positive rate is the same in Ohio as it is in Michigan. The only difference is Michigan is testing far more than Ohio, hence the significantly higher case numbers in Michigan. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, downzy said:

I was reading that Ohio is likely just as bad as Michigan. The test positive rate is the same in Ohio as it is in Michigan. The only difference is Michigan is testing far more than Ohio, hence the significantly higher case numbers in Michigan. 

And?  Are the bodies piling in the streets?  Are hospital beds filled beyond capacity to handle to surge of gravely stricken patients?  So what?

And I quote

"The researchers found that the age-specific infection fatality rate was extremely low among children and young adults, measuring 0.002% at age 10 and 0.01% at 25. However, the rate progressively increased with age, growing from 0.4% at 55 to around 15% at 85."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89750

Why not protect the vulnerable and have everyone else monitor their own health (don't be fat).

I recommend unsubscribing from the panic porn you seem to enjoy

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Are hospital beds filled beyond capacity to handle to surge of gravely stricken patients?  

 

 

 

Yes

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Yes

That's a bummer.  I'd still prioritize protecting the vulnerable all the same.

ZoSo Rose, are you a Led Zeppelin fan and a Guns N' Roses fan?  If so, I started my musical fan journey with Led Zeppelin and then found GNR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

And?  Are the bodies piling in the streets?  Are hospital beds filled beyond capacity to handle to surge of gravely stricken patients?  So what?

And I quote

"The researchers found that the age-specific infection fatality rate was extremely low among children and young adults, measuring 0.002% at age 10 and 0.01% at 25. However, the rate progressively increased with age, growing from 0.4% at 55 to around 15% at 85."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/89750

Why not protect the vulnerable and have everyone else monitor their own health (don't be fat).

I recommend unsubscribing from the panic porn you seem to enjoy

 

 

What does any of that have to do with my post?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

 

ZoSo Rose, are you a Led Zeppelin fan and a Guns N' Roses fan?  If so, I started my musical fan journey with Led Zeppelin and then found GNR.

No, ZoSo Rose is actually my legal name. I personally dont really care for either band

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Spike Killer said:

Everything.  You cited rising numbers and I'm saying, "so what."  Numbers without context are meaningless.

The point of my post was to provide context to @RussTCB’s concerns about rising cases Michigan; that Michigan likely wasn’t alone for states in the region. I also didn’t state any actual numbers. Just a comparative analysis that I read somewhere. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

An elderly, old buddy of mine realized he had his pistol on him when the nurse asked him to remove his coat (his coat was the only thing concealing it) at the hospital for access to his arm for the shot.  He wasn't supposed to have a handgun in there. There was a cop right there in the hall too.

He came up with something quick like: "Oh no, I left my cell phone in my vehicle I need to let my wife know where I'm at -- I'll be right back!" and he bolted out of there fast and returned to find they ran out of the dose he needed haha. He eventually got his shot elsewhere.

Edited by Sweersa
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A little bird told me that tons of people (tourists) mostly from South America are going to Florida to get the vaccine. Does anyone know anything about it? I thought the vaccine in Florida was supposed to be for Floridians :wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stiff Competition said:

Got the j/j shot yesterday so I’m done.

things are going pretty well in California right now too, so hopefully it continues this way.

Awesome. I would have preferred to get the J&J shot so it was done with one shot. I took what I could get a few weeks ago though. I'm just over two weeks from going back for the second one and I can't wait. 

55 minutes ago, Padme said:

A little bird told me that tons of people (tourists) mostly from South America are going to Florida to get the vaccine. Does anyone know anything about it? I thought the vaccine in Florida was supposed to be for Floridians :wacko:

Hmm, that wouldn't surprise me. I know here in Michigan they're not even asking for ID when you get your shot, so it's possible Florida is the same. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Padme said:

A little bird told me that tons of people (tourists) mostly from South America are going to Florida to get the vaccine. Does anyone know anything about it? I thought the vaccine in Florida was supposed to be for Floridians :wacko:

It "little bird" tell you true, at least two people of my country to going to Florida, two scums, one is the grandson of the one most famous hostess women's of TV, and another is an wife of a famous former football player. Both was very criticized here about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Awesome. I would have preferred to get the J&J shot so it was done with one shot. I took what I could get a few weeks ago though. I'm just over two weeks from going back for the second one and I can't wait. 

Hmm, that wouldn't surprise me. I know here in Michigan they're not even asking for ID when you get your shot, so it's possible Florida is the same. 

 

12 hours ago, Ratam said:

It "little bird" tell you true, at least two people of my country to going to Florida, two scums, one is the grandson of the one most famous hostess women's of TV, and another is an wife of a famous former football player. Both was very criticized here about it.

Great! :rolleyes: So people from other places can get the vaccine when they want it and where they want it . And U.S. citizens get screw:angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Padme said:

 

Great! :rolleyes: So people from other places can get the vaccine when they want it and where they want it . And U.S. citizens get screw:angry:

I guess the Florida Governor should have control about it issue.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...