COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

I got news I'll be getting my first jab in less than two weeks and my send before the end of June :headbang:

Meanwhile everything is starting to open up again, but numbers are still pretty high. So I'm sitting it out until I'm fully vaccinated. Been like this for over a year now, I can keep this up for another month and a half. Vaccination seems to be going a lot faster now FINALLY! So let's hope most people get their first jab before the summer.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

HOpe you feel good. :)

Thanks i am - no side effects thankfully.  J&J wasn't my preferred but i am kinda glad that i don't have to go back in another week or so now.  

Finally got my first shot today (Moderna). 

I’ve been on five waitlists without any success. Finally my doctor’s office called me and offered me a shot.  I think I’m the only person 40 and over I know who hadn’t got a shot. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, downzy said:

Finally got my first shot today (Moderna). 

I’ve been on five waitlists without any success. Finally my doctor’s office called me and offered me a shot.  I think I’m the only person 40 and over I know who hadn’t got a shot. 

Great news! Yeah, after my parents got their shots from the city, my doctor finally got the vaccine. I got my first one and get the second the end of May. 

Now the CDC says is you're fully vaccinated you won't have to wear a mask indoors or outdoors. I'm still going to wear my mask especially in stores or any indoor things. With all these variants you just don't know what could be in the air these days.

I still say we might need another shot and one every year from now on, so I doubt this virus will be wiped out any time soon.

And many as 60% say they don't want to get the vaccine, so how safe are we?

• Like 1

Yeah my dad in Mexico finally got his first shot, their roll out has been super slow to say the least! I keep telling him, don't forget the 2nd shot, you gotta be FULLY vaccinated! He's like, yeah of course...

There are still soooo many people up here unvaccinated that I hope most of the stores etc. still mandate masks. One of our cities has had their highest cases of COVID since this all began! It's not just over....you can't just will it to go away cause you are one and done with it.

• Like 1

Ohio is holding a $5 million lottery for anyone who gets a shot. Not a bad idea.

If it were me I would have tied the stimulus checks to getting vaccinated.  $500 for the first one and $1500 for the second. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Posted (edited)

I'll appreciate ongoing updates for at least the next few months from those of you who have received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines please or know people who have received those shots. Any side effects/issues experienced.

Edited by Oldest Goat

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'll appreciate ongoing updates for at least the next few months from those of you who have received the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines please or know people who have received those shots. Any side effects/issues experienced.

Both my parents and my wife’s parents have had their first shots of Pfizer five weeks ago. No side effects other than a sore arm for a few days. 

Three of my neighbours have been fully vaccinated for three months now and never had any issues.

My wife took AstraZeneca last week and it kept her in bed for two straight days. I’m not a fan of vaccine shopping but i think i would advise anyone who hasn’t had a shot yet to try and get Pfizer or Moderna. Too many people I know had a rough go with AstraZeneca whereas I don’t know anyone who had troubles with Pfizer or Moderna. Most provinces in Canada have now stop administering AstraZeneca as a first shot due to clotting issue being more prevalent than first noticed during trials (that said, the side effect is still extremely rare). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, downzy said:

Both my parents and my wife’s parents have had their first shots of Pfizer five weeks ago. No side effects other than a sore arm for a few days. 

Three of my neighbours have been fully vaccinated for three months now and never had any issues.

My wife took AstraZeneca last week and it kept her in bed for two straight days. I’m not a fan of vaccine shopping but i think i would advise anyone who hasn’t had a shot yet to try and get Pfizer or Moderna. Too many people I know had a rough go with AstraZeneca whereas I don’t know anyone who had troubles with Pfizer or Moderna. Most provinces in Canada have now stop administering AstraZeneca as a first shot due to clotting issue being more prevalent than first noticed during trials (that said, the side effect is still extremely rare). 

A friend of mine was in bed for two days after the second Pfizer shot. She had no trouble at all after the first one.

I know two people who got Moderna and were sick for two days too. One of those works at a hospital and she said about 1 in 3 nurses there had flulike symptoms for a day or two after getting the Moderna shot. So from my experience, flulike symptoms seem to occur with all three vaccines quite randomly. Nothing really bad though.

I think I'll just try to keep my agenda as empty as possible the days following my shots, just to be on the safe side.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Bill Mahr who got his covid vaccines tested positive for covid. So I guess the ones who are vaccinated still have a chance of getting covid yet CDC says you don't have to wear a mask and now the supermarkets in Texas are saying you don't have to wear a mask anymore going into their stores. I'm so tired of all this bullshit. It still seems no doctor or scientist still have no idea what this virus is and what it can go.

We are all fucked! Good luck 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Got the Moderna in February and right as rain. Yeah I got the typical side effects right after the 2nd shot but no long term ones! I'm all good.  :shades:

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Bill Mahr who got his covid vaccines tested positive for covid. So I guess the ones who are vaccinated still have a chance of getting covid yet CDC says you don't have to wear a mask and now the supermarkets in Texas are saying you don't have to wear a mask anymore going into their stores. I'm so tired of all this bullshit. It still seems no doctor or scientist still have no idea what this virus is and what it can go.

We are all fucked! Good luck 

Not to be the bearer of bad news, but of course you can still catch covid after vaccination, but you will be more protected against the virus. But there are always exceptions. I've said this before on here, both my aunt and uncle caught covid after already being vaccinated and my uncle sadly didn't survive it, so you can even still die from it after vaccination. But needless to say, this is quite rare. At least I hope it is.

On 5/15/2021 at 1:53 PM, downzy said:

I had the Astra Zeneca a couple of weeks ago and felt a little achy for a couple of hours the next morning but I was fine by lunchtime. 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2021 at 6:03 PM, lame ass security said:

Far from over, but a lot of people stupidly think that it is. Supply of the vaccine will surpass demand soon in the US. We have to find a way to get the people who are reluctant to get vaccinated. Some people just don't give a fuck.

Free cheeseburger with every shot of the vaccine?

On 5/15/2021 at 9:33 AM, Oldest Goat said:

What does it matter what a few guys at an Internet forum experience? It has already been tested on thousands. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

What does it matter what a few guys at an Internet forum experience? It has already been tested on thousands. 

More like tens of millions. 

• Like 1

I read in the newspaper today that because of the virus outbreak in India it's effecting England too. It's another set back.

I don't think this covid will ever go away.

Taiwan is having another outbreak too. It seems to be one or two steps ahead of anything that is being done to slow it down.

I bet before the year's end will need another shot or two.

I know about still getting covid after being vaccinated that's why I'm still working from home and wearing a mask anywhere I go. Still not eating in any restaurants. My Crue concert was pushed back to 2022 I'm glad about this. I can't see being in a 40,000 stadium with a bunch of fans drinking and eating without any masks. I just hope KISS pushes their show back too. 

Steel panther is coming back to Dallas, but still not comfortable being anyplace without people wearing masks. 

the virus keeps mutating and the US keeps taking away things that can still keep you a little bit safer.

Here comes summer! I bet the numbers rise again.

21 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

The virus isn't here so the only anecdotal evidence I can find is on the internet. I literally don't know anyone irl who's been vaccinated and nobody I know overseas has been vaccinated yet, except for mygnr folks. So I'm curious. I'm thinking I'll probably have to get it even though I fucking don't want to.