Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


adamsapple

Recommended Posts

Well, a new report today from Dr. fauci. If anyone had the covid virus and got better and got their 2 covid shots, you should be immuned 100% to the virus and will not need a booster shot.

The rest of us that got the 2 shots and no virus, may still need to have a booster. Hope my doctor gives this shot out too. 

Did you see the people in Ohio who won a million dollar for getting the vaccine and the kid who got free college by getting the vaccine. I guess we got the vaccine too soon because we didn't hesitate in getting vaccinated. Whatever!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/27/2021 at 8:13 AM, Gavin82 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57263811

Melbourne enters a 7 day LD starts from Thursday 

Yeah, all of Victoria.

"Victoria, Australia's second most populous state, entered into a lockdown on Thursday night, due to run until June 3, forcing its near seven million residents to remain home except for essential business. "read more

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

wow! sometimes I forget that covid is still bad in other countries since the US is doing better.

I still have a bad feeling that once fall and flu season start up again, covid will make another go around here. Schools won't have to wear masks and most will be going back in the fall, so who knows?

This weekend is a huge vacation time with people flying and driving. Soon the cruises will begin again, so who knows if this will effect people and covid even those of us who are vaccinated? I just don't think it's going to stay away for long.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

wow! sometimes I forget that covid is still bad in other countries since the US is doing better.

I still have a bad feeling that once fall and flu season start up again, covid will make another go around here. Schools won't have to wear masks and most will be going back in the fall, so who knows?

This weekend is a huge vacation time with people flying and driving. Soon the cruises will begin again, so who knows if this will effect people and covid even those of us who are vaccinated? I just don't think it's going to stay away for long.

Vaccines don't care if you're on vacation or not. They work the whole time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm seeing more and more people in stores without masks. I'm still wearing my masks even though I'm vaccinated because the variants are still out there along with sinus infections and allergies. I feel better wearing a mask I don't know who's vaccinated or not and who the hell knows what other shit is out there now?

I still say we are opening up too fast. I'm still thinking by fall and winter when flu season kicks in, so will covid again. There are still some states seeing surges and many countries are still not good. I doubt this virus will only be around for a year or two.  I still think it's ready for another round.

On 5/29/2021 at 6:47 AM, Gavin82 said:

https://www.thesun.ie/news/7061854/3500-outdoor-phoenix-park-gig-june-summer-rules/

3500 people to attend Phoneix Park gig in Ireland this summer 

Austin is having their 3 days festival this summer too as well as alot of bands like Slipknot having a huge festival type concert.

I got my tickets for GNR, but I'm still going to wear a mask while I'm there. Same with KISS in October. Hopefully those are the only concerts I have this year. Still don't feel all that safe, but I won't miss GNR or KISS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/28/2021 at 6:17 PM, RussTCB said:

Vaccines don't care if you're on vacation or not. They work the whole time. 

Russ I totally agree that's why I'm still doing what I've done since this pandemic started.  I actually feel better wearing a mask. I usually would get one or two sinus infections a year but since wearing a mask, I've been healthy. And no allergies either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would never fault someone for wearing a mask, but Ive been ditching mine more and more. At a bar now, and only staff has them on, but I foresee a lot less mask use as more people get the shot

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I would never fault someone for wearing a mask, but Ive been ditching mine more and more. At a bar now, and only staff has them on, but I foresee a lot less mask use as more people get the shot

I know and like I said since wearing a mask I haven't had an allergy problem nor a sinus infection, so I think I will continue to wear a mask. Texas has terrible allery problems and when I get s sinus infections I'm sick for days, so if wearing a mask helps me stay healthy I'm going to continue to do it. I'm still not totally comfortable with this virus. I know it's not gone yet and it's still surging in some cities and many countries around. If this virus showed us nothing it's that the world isn't so bad after all. Look how fast it traveled from China to the US. Scary shit. 

Summer is here in Texas now and that means hot and humid, so I won't be going out much anyway., so if I have to wear a mask sometimes it's okay with me.

Try to stay safe out there! And enjoy your life.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To be honest I don’t get the masks, I only wear them in the supermarket because they stare at you if you don’t. But of all the things that have been said and done, these masks have to be the dumbest thing they’ve come up with.

No one’s wearing one that actually does what it’s supposed to do, they do not do much else besides making your face sweat. 

And to top it all off there are more facemasks on the ground than on people’s faces.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

To be honest I don’t get the masks, I only wear them in the supermarket because they stare at you if you don’t. But of all the things that have been said and done, these masks have to be the dumbest thing they’ve come up with.

No one’s wearing one that actually does what it’s supposed to do, they do not do much else besides making your face sweat. 

And to top it all off there are more facemasks on the ground than on people’s faces.

 

You don't always wear them in public indoor places? It's still mandatory!

I don't mind them at all. I kinda like hiding behind them, if that makes sense.... probably not. I probably won't like them so much when the temperature is higher than 30 degrees this summer, though.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, EvanG said:

You don't always wear them in public indoor places? It's still mandatory!

I don't mind them at all. I kinda like hiding behind them, if that makes sense.... probably not. I probably won't like them so much when the temperature is higher than 30 degrees this summer, though.

I believe It’s up to the owners of whatever business you visit. I’m pretty asthmatic and have trouble breathing through my nose so wearing a mask while doing some groceries is pretty rough. I avoid other stores because more than 5 minutes in a mask has me feeling like I just ran a marathon.

So I’d rather see these masks go because they hardly do anything. Actually most of the masks people wear don’t do anything at all.

Edited by YOUCOULDBEMINE.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

I believe It’s up to the owners of whatever business you visit. I’m pretty asthmatic and have trouble breathing through my nose so wearing a mask while doing some groceries is pretty rough. I avoid other stores because more than 5 minutes in a mask has me feeling like I just ran a marathon.

So I’d rather see these masks go because they hardly do anything. Actually most of the masks people wear don’t do anything at all.

Here in Michigan it's up to each individual business right now too. It's so funny which ones are mask free and which aren't. 

For example, we have 3 major casinos downtown and all 3 went mask free as of June 1st. However, the tiny gas station a mile from my house is requiring them. 

Then there's the restaurant thing. Some are still requiring masks but only before you get to your table. So I have to wear a mask for the 5 seconds it takes me to walk from the front door to my table, but not after. 

I'm not all anti mask or anything, I just think it's such an odd state of affairs right now. 

Oh well......Michigan is going 100% mask free by July 1st. So only a couple weeks left of wondering what I'm supposed to do when I walk in somewhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ll probably keep wearing mine after the pandemic. It’s been nice going over a year without getting a cold or flu.  Likely keep mine on when visiting non social areas like grocery stores or doctor’s office. If I’m meeting friends at a bar or restaurant then I’ll keep it off. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Here in Michigan it's up to each individual business right now too. It's so funny which ones are mask free and which aren't. 

For example, we have 3 major casinos downtown and all 3 went mask free as of June 1st. However, the tiny gas station a mile from my house is requiring them. 

Then there's the restaurant thing. Some are still requiring masks but only before you get to your table. So I have to wear a mask for the 5 seconds it takes me to walk from the front door to my table, but not after. 

I'm not all anti mask or anything, I just think it's such an odd state of affairs right now. 

Oh well......Michigan is going 100% mask free by July 1st. So only a couple weeks left of wondering what I'm supposed to do when I walk in somewhere. 

It is odd. And from what I heard there are some businesses that started with the mandatory masks but stopped because people got aggressive towards staff and other people who díd want to wear masks. Governments shouldn’t leave something sensitive like this to business owners. 
 

But Michigan is going mask free in July? I have a feeling that masks are the last thing to go over here, the whole thing is getting confusing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

It is odd. And from what I heard there are some businesses that started with the mandatory masks but stopped because people got aggressive towards staff and other people who díd want to wear masks. Governments shouldn’t leave something sensitive like this to business owners. 
 

But Michigan is going mask free in July? I have a feeling that masks are the last thing to go over here, the whole thing is getting confusing.

I agree, the whole thing has been hanleed poorly. No matter what side of the mask argument you're on, I think everyone can agree that there's been far too much confusion. 

And yes, Michigan is going totally mask free by July 1st but many people think that'll get bumped up to sooner. Many cities in the US have already dumped the mask mandates. 

Las Vegas, for example originally said they were going mask free on July 1st as well. Them they bumped it up to June 15th, then on June 1st they made a surprise announcement that the mask mandate was ended immediately. 

It's only been 7 or so days since then, but all signs point to everything being just fine since they've been mask free and 100% capacity everywhere. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

Some people should be thankful they can wear a mask :lol:

Yeah, there’s a lot of no so attractive folks that frequent costco that I wouldn’t mind seeing keep a mask on going forward🤪

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I agree, the whole thing has been hanleed poorly. No matter what side of the mask argument you're on, I think everyone can agree that there's been far too much confusion. 

And yes, Michigan is going totally mask free by July 1st but many people think that'll get bumped up to sooner. Many cities in the US have already dumped the mask mandates. 

Las Vegas, for example originally said they were going mask free on July 1st as well. Them they bumped it up to June 15th, then on June 1st they made a surprise announcement that the mask mandate was ended immediately. 

It's only been 7 or so days since then, but all signs point to everything being just fine since they've been mask free and 100% capacity everywhere. 

Do all states look after their own rules and regulations when it comes to big things like this? I would be confused as an American, especially when you work in a different state or have to travel between states a lot.

Good to hear how things have turned around over there tho, for a while it looked like the US would suffer a lot more than the rest of the world.

5 minutes ago, downzy said:

Yeah, there’s a lot of no so attractive folks that frequent costco that I wouldn’t mind seeing keep a mask on going forward🤪

Colleagues with horrible morning breath who (thanks to these masks) found out they have horrible morning breath is a win for me as well :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

Do all states look after their own rules and regulations when it comes to big things like this? I would be confused as an American, especially when you work in a different state or have to travel between states a lot.

Good to hear how things have turned around over there tho, for a while it looked like the US would suffer a lot more than the rest of the world.

Even the answer to your first question has been confusing lol. 

At first (a year and a couple of months ago) we were led to believe it was a federal mandate. Then it became clear that it was more of a federal "suggestion" and the mask mandates were state by state. 

Michigan took a LOT of shit for being one of the more locked down states. Texas and Florida were both the most lax. Michigan ended up having the highest rates of new cases over that span of time though. 

Florida and Texas went back to 100% capacity and dropped their mask mandates before Las Vegas even did. Everyone in the media lost their minds and kept saying the sky was going to fall in those states, but it never did. 

Just to be clear: I'm not an anti mask person and I very much believe in the dangers of the virus as a whole. I just think the messy handling has done nothing for the general publics belief & trust in how government can handle these situations. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, YOUCOULDBEMINE. said:

Good to hear how things have turned around over there tho, for a while it looked like the US would suffer a lot more than the rest of the world.

With one of the highest mortalities (deaths/cap), they still have.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, downzy said:

I’ll probably keep wearing mine after the pandemic. It’s been nice going over a year without getting a cold or flu.  Likely keep mine on when visiting non social areas like grocery stores or doctor’s office. If I’m meeting friends at a bar or restaurant then I’ll keep it off. 

That works for the short term but overall, pretty bad idea, imo.  If everyone did that, it would compromise herd immunity.  In order to eliminate (or reduce it to extremely low levels) you need herd immunity to work.  You can't have some of the population wearing masks and expect herd immunity to work fully because eventually those wearing the masks would likely be less resistant to the virus since they would be "less exposed" to it.  And that could eventually lead to another outbreak/pandemic, imo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...