COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

On 6/11/2021 at 1:47 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Vaccines seem very effective against Delta. I don't understand why people who have access to them are refusing them. 

Trying to understand irrational people is pointless.

Our problem here is supply. Canada blew past the US in terms of the number of people who has had at least one shot, but we’re still far behind our southern neighbours in terms of fully vaccinated. I got my first shot of Moderna in the middle of May and was told it would likely be four months before I get my second. My hope is that projection is way off with supply improving here. My parents got their first shots in early April and were originally given dates for their second shots in early August. They’re now booked for their second shots next week. So fingers crossed I can have a two-shot summer by early to mid July. 

• Like 2

Numbers up in China from a new variant that is making people sicker faster. Oh joy.

Japan has had more cases too.

Seems like the world is still dealing with covid while the US keeps acting like all is safe and normal. Not true at all.

People are still fighting over wearing masks and more and more bands are having tours. I have two concerts this year and I will continue to wear a mask to them.

On 6/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, downzy said:

Trying to understand irrational people is pointless.

Our problem here is supply. Canada blew past the US in terms of the number of people who has had at least one shot, but we’re still far behind our southern neighbours in terms of fully vaccinated. I got my first shot of Moderna in the middle of May and was told it would likely be four months before I get my second. My hope is that projection is way off with supply improving here. My parents got their first shots in early April and were originally given dates for their second shots in early August. They’re now booked for their second shots next week. So fingers crossed I can have a two-shot summer by early to mid July. 

There are some nurses in Houston that are refusing taking the vaccine and they might be fired in a few weeks. I don't see how they can take care of patients if they are not vaccinated? Do they want to get their patients sick or get covid?

I hope by the new school year my daughter can get vaccinated too.  There are too many people not wearing masks not and I don't believe for a minute they are all vaccinated.

It's all about our immune systems too.

My mom has had cancer so her immune system is weaker than most people. She has to get the vaccines for flu and pneumonia and covid. She likes wearing a mask too because Texas's summer with allergies and sinus infections are very bad here. I think wearing masks has kept us healthier the whole couple of years. Besides it seems like everyday another variant comes along. This covid is fighting until the end and I don't see any end in sight.

Big news! lol

Covid was in the US long before 2020.  Please we've already figured that out.

California has opened up totally. 

Covid is laughing and smiling.

I'm telling you by fall things will be much worse again. Vaccines or not. This covid virus continues to mutate and all the states continue to lossen up restrictions. This is a huge mistake.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

Do you have any scientific proof to believe vaccines don't work? Are you an anti vaxxer? @dontdamnmeuyi2015

No I got the vaccine and so has my family. It's just that I'm afraid with all these variants the vaccine might not work on all of them. I always have gotten my vaccines and I get my daughter vaccinated too.

You just don't know with the variants and many people are still getting sick. The covid isn't totally gone and some people don't want to get vaccinated and that includes nurses. I just want to be safe and if we're going to all be safe everyone has to get vaccinated.

I know a nurse who got the covid in March of last year and still can't smell or taste.  That's scary to me.

Before any cruises actually begin, one ship had 8 of their crew test positive for covid, so I thought all the workers were supposed to get vaccinated before cruises begin?

Honestly, I wouldn't go on any cruise anytime soon since this isn't a good way to begin.

I just know all these things people want to get back too will surely make another bad surge by fall.

It's so weird to come to this thread and see one person continually claiming the sky is falling, with absolutely zero proof of facts to back it up. 

What I see out in the real world is extremely high numbers of people who've been vaccinated, along with sports, concerts, whole states and vacation cities having been fully open and mask less for months. 

With all of those happening, there's been no rise in new Covid cases and no rise in death tolls. So no, the sky isn't falling. 

Having said that, Michigan is going completely mask less as if next Tuesday, June 22nd. A lot of places have already been lax in their mask rules anyway, which has been a welcome change. 

Next Saturday June 26th will be my first official live concert since February of 2020. I can't wait! 

• Like 4

CNN had that the UK won't vaccine kids ages 12 to 17. Why not?

Saw the death rate today. Still over 400 here in the US. Also the infected are still not low enough for me.

Saw more shoppers without masks today in Walmart.  Still wearing a mask no matter where I go including walking outside.

Since the covid is not totally gone, I still don't feel safe enough to eat out or go places with lots of peopls.

Yeah, going to see GNR in September and KISS in October, but I will wear a mask and hope for the best.  

Still don't believe covid will end anytime soon.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, RussTCB said:

It's so weird to come to this thread and see one person continually claiming the sky is falling, with absolutely zero proof of facts to back it up. 

What I see out in the real world is extremely high numbers of people who've been vaccinated, along with sports, concerts, whole states and vacation cities having been fully open and mask less for months. 

With all of those happening, there's been no rise in new Covid cases and no rise in death tolls. So no, the sky isn't falling. 

Having said that, Michigan is going completely mask less as if next Tuesday, June 22nd. A lot of places have already been lax in their mask rules anyway, which has been a welcome change. 

Next Saturday June 26th will be my first official live concert since February of 2020. I can't wait! 

I agree the sky isn't falling, but more variants of covid are still out there and covid is still with us. People maybe not alot are still getting covid and some are dying.  So that to me is still not acceptable.

Some people are not vaccinated and don't want to get vaccinated. When fall comes around and since more restrictions are gone, the flu will probably be infecting more people and covid still with us. Not comfortable thinking we are all safe and will stay well.

Until covid is gone from the whole world, I'm not going to stop wearing a mask and staying in as much as I can.

It's not over and it's a long way from being over.

But people will do what's best for them. 

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I agree the sky isn't falling, but more variants of covid are still out there and covid is still with us. People maybe not alot are still getting covid and some are dying.  So that to me is still not acceptable.

Some people are not vaccinated and don't want to get vaccinated. When fall comes around and since more restrictions are gone, the flu will probably be infecting more people and covid still with us. Not comfortable thinking we are all safe and will stay well.

Until covid is gone from the whole world, I'm not going to stop wearing a mask and staying in as much as I can.

It's not over and it's a long way from being over.

But people will do what's best for them. 

Wow. 

You should REALLY stop watching so much CNN.I'd also recommend not living in paralyzing fear and making up "facts" out of thin air. 

3 hours ago, All Cautions Made said:

Jesus.

I mean....I'm just stunned by that reply and not in any sort of good way. 

• Like 1

Is it true that the case counts don't include anyone who tests positive, if they are fully vaccinated, per the CDCs new guidelines? They like to move goalposts as I've mentioned in the past.

I can't find a source so unsure if it true or just more white nationalist propaganda.

Edited by Coma16

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Is it true that the case counts don't include anyone who tests positive, if they are fully vaccinated, per the CDCs new guidelines? They like to move goalposts as I've mentioned in the past.

I can't find a source so unsure if it true or just more white nationalist propaganda.

Not sure about that. The news shows the cases and then the deaths. Dallas numbers have gone down, but still there are people getting the virus and some who are dying.

I guess if someone doesn't report they have covid, you won't know for sure.

On 6/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Are you aware that the virus that caused the "spanish flu" pandemic over a hundred years ago is still around? You'll do as you please  (be scared forever) but for the sake of the mental health of the inhabitants of this earth I hope most people gets more pragmatic and rational about this thing. All research shows that viruses that aren't THAT hazardous to people (reminder: this isn't the plague, most people infected suffers only minor symptoms and only a fraction dies from it), finds ways to live on, and a way to NOT live on is to kill your host. Evolution for ya. Oh, and; the vaccines are working. People will still get infected but even the most vulnerable will be ok. I'm just repeating the obvious here, but I'm so fucking tired of people sitting alone in their homes getting scared shitless of things we can't control. Otherwise intelligent and rational people are reacting like my crazy 80-year old aunt, and it irritates me.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Homefuck said:

Are you aware that the virus that caused the "spanish flu" pandemic over a hundred years ago is still around? You'll do as you please  (be scared forever) but for the sake of the mental health of the inhabitants of this earth I hope most people gets more pragmatic and rational about this thing. All research shows that viruses that aren't THAT hazardous to people (reminder: this isn't the plague, most people infected suffers only minor symptoms and only a fraction dies from it), finds ways to live on, and a way to NOT live on is to kill your host. Evolution for ya. Oh, and; the vaccines are working. People will still get infected but even the most vulnerable will be ok. I'm just repeating the obvious here, but I'm so fucking tired of people sitting alone in their homes getting scared shitless of things we can't control. Otherwise intelligent and rational people are reacting like my crazy 80-year old aunt, and it irritates me.

Oh, by the way, a good way to not get scared is to read what actual rational scientists and experts are saying and reduce your consumtion of all news with a political agenda or other media playing on peoples emotions and fears. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

28 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

Oh, by the way, a good way to not get scared is to read what actual rational scientists and experts are saying and reduce your consumtion of all news with a political agenda or other media playing on peoples emotions and fears. 

These are all facts. 

I'm not sure if it's attention seeking or what, but the whole posting complete bullshit and sky is falling theories is getting old very fast. 

• Like 1

The Delta variant is infecting many more people now and quicker than any other variant.

Many people all over the world still don't have a vaccine.

Also Fox and CNN both agreed that the lab was making a bio chemical weapon because the Chinese army was in the lab at the time. DUH! I knew that as soon as it was said it was being made in a Chinese lab. The next weapons will be chemical and distrubed through the air. it's common sense. Whatever. Nothing will get better. Just will get worse no matter what others may believe.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Delta variant is infecting many more people now and quicker than any other variant.

Many people all over the world still don't have a vaccine.

Also Fox and CNN both agreed that the lab was making a bio chemical weapon because the Chinese army was in the lab at the time. DUH! I knew that as soon as it was said it was being made in a Chinese lab. The next weapons will be chemical and distrubed through the air. it's common sense. Whatever. Nothing will get better. Just will get worse no matter what others may believe.

Do you even brain?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Do you even brain?

Yeah, I have a brain and all I say is true about the variants.

And as for the "sky is falling" theory. If I remember chicken little told everyone the sky was falling and no one believed her and the SKY did FALL and she was the only one prepared for it. Then everyone else came aruond sucking up to her for a hand out.

Many people around the world won't take the vaccine, so you don't think covid will go away if every one takes the vaccine.

People in Minnesota that got their two covid shots have come down with the virus, so if you want to believe all is well and everyone is safe, you don't have a brain.