COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

48 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I have a brain and all I say is true about the variants.

And as for the "sky is falling" theory. If I remember chicken little told everyone the sky was falling and no one believed her and the SKY did FALL and she was the only one prepared for it. Then everyone else came aruond sucking up to her for a hand out.

Many people around the world won't take the vaccine, so you don't think covid will go away if every one takes the vaccine.

People in Minnesota that got their two covid shots have come down with the virus, so if you want to believe all is well and everyone is safe, you don't have a brain.

What would you have done during WW2? Take a chill pill

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I have a brain and all I say is true about the variants.

And as for the "sky is falling" theory. If I remember chicken little told everyone the sky was falling and no one believed her and the SKY did FALL and she was the only one prepared for it. Then everyone else came aruond sucking up to her for a hand out.

Many people around the world won't take the vaccine, so you don't think covid will go away if every one takes the vaccine.

People in Minnesota that got their two covid shots have come down with the virus, so if you want to believe all is well and everyone is safe, you don't have a brain.

Everything is terrible. The world is ending. We're all going to die. There is no hope. 

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't know what goes on in your private life to make you have this bleak view on the world, but objectively speaking, things are going pretty okay. Not with every single human being of course, nor ever country and region, but the trend is that humanity is thriving. We just got to avoid an ecological collapse.

As for Covid-19: Yes, we will likely not eradicate it, but with more and more people developing immunity through vaccinations or from having been infected previously, it will become more of a nuisance than a deadly pandemic, more like the common cold than the Spanish flu (and I am not disregarding the fact that the common cold kills thousands every year, just that it isn't a big deal to the vast majority of us). 

Personally, if anything this pandemic has shown me what we humans can do in very little time when we work together by developing an entirely novel vaccine to fight back an entirely new disease we have not encountered before. In many ways, Covid-19 has been a warning shot and we have risen to the occasion. Not every one of us, not every country, but as a whole. Hopefully we will now be better prepared for when a really nasty pandemic arises. At the very least we have shown what we collectively can achieve - and I am fucking impressed.

• Like 2

Getting my second dose on Saturday. I feel a bit odd, as it's as if I've set in the quarantine ways. The thought of having people over or being in a bar without a facemask is a bit daunting to me. It's not that I'm really scared, but I don't really look forward to it. I've been for drinks once since the bars here reopened, and that was fun, but I don't feel like going all out yet.

The only thing I really look forward to is doing fun stuff with my daughter.

I guess the challenge will be in a few weeks, when we're going on a holiday for the first time in two years. Sitting on a plane for a few hours will be something else after over a year of being mostly alone and in my bubble. Luckily we are going up north, where people are naturally distacing, so I can ease into the socializing again :D

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

Had my 6th dose today guys, no side effects so far. Wish me luck.

How has your cock not dropped off yet you filthy degenerate? :lol: 

• Haha 2

Studies seem to repeatedly confirm that vaccines are extremely effective against the Delta variants. There will probably be bad surges among unvaccinated populations, but to those that are privileged to be vaccinated, I see no reason to continue living as a hermit

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Studies seem to repeatedly confirm that vaccines are extremely effective against the Delta variants. There will probably be bad surges among unvaccinated populations, but to those that are privileged to be vaccinated, I see no reason to continue living as a hermit

Yeah about 88% effective...I work with young unmasked and unvaccinated kids of hospital employees, so I will not live as a hermit BUT I will still  mask up indoors like at grocery stores. To be cautious.. for the kids and immunocompromised people.  It is possible to still live your life but be safe is all.

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah about 88% effective...I work with young masked and unvaccinated kids of hospital employees, so I will not live as a hermit BUT I will still mask up indoors like at grocery stores. To be cautious.. for the kids and immunocompromised people.  It is possible to still live your life but be safe is all.

Nothing wrong with that!

• GNFNR 1

14 minutes ago, downzy said:

Get my second dose today! 

Read the other day that of the last 18k people who died in the US the last couple of months, only 0.8 percent were vaccinated.

Looking forward to having everything open again once everyone who wants to be fully vaccinated.  

We're like 90% back to normal in Detroit and it's awesome. There was about half a day of adjusting, getting used to NOT wearing a mask everywhere. We're all good now though. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 12:08 PM, RussTCB said:

Everything is terrible. The world is ending. We're all going to die. There is no hope. 

This is what people have been saying throughout time yet life goes on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

This is what people have been saying throughout time yet life goes on.

Yep, which was kind of the point of my reply to the constant claims of doom & gloom. 

• Like 1

I tested positive on Tuesday for covid and believe me when i say you don't want to catch this. 

Symptoms so far are high temperature, coughing constantly, banging sore head, feel sick all the time, arms and legs sore as fuck, cannot taste anything. Apart from that I'm ok.

• Sad 3

10 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

I tested positive on Tuesday for covid and believe me when i say you don't want to catch this. 

Symptoms so far are high temperature, coughing constantly, banging sore head, feel sick all the time, arms and legs sore as fuck, cannot taste anything. Apart from that I'm ok.

Sounds terrible.  Speedy recovery!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BrayWyatt said:

That's awful. I hope you get well soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrayWyatt said:

Get well soon!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BrayWyatt said:

Soon recovery to you!!:thumbsup:

• Like 1

People without a vaccine are getting the Delta variant now.  

Some countries are still having high rates of the covid virus. I knew it wasn't totally gone and I doubt it will be anytime soon.

everyone needs to get vaccinated, but who knows how long it'll take for some countries and people who still won't get the vaccination.

17 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

People without a vaccine are getting the Delta variant now.  

Some countries are still having high rates of the covid virus. I knew it wasn't totally gone and I doubt it will be anytime soon.

everyone needs to get vaccinated, but who knows how long it'll take for some countries and people who still won't get the vaccination.

Duh

Are you waiting for every other disease to vanish completely too?