COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

3 minutes ago, downzy said:

I don't think action knew what trolling was, let alone know how to do it.  

To be honest, it was hard to figure him out. I think he had a strange thought process, but he was probably smarter than he let on, and he was definitely sometimes fishing for reactions. 

Let's just pull the self righteous bus over to the side of the road for a second. 

MANY people have repeatedly asked dontdamnmeuyi2015 to explain a lot of the things that seen fabricated in this thread. The reason for the humorous responses is because they've evolved from those questions being ignored and more BS being posted 

• GNFNR 1

Posted (edited)

She's posted here for over a decade, things are pretty tame in here considering the past.

She posts walls of "the sky is falling" posts and does not acknowledge anyone else or their posts. It's fine if it's cathartic for her, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to be overly gracious about it. No one has been that bad

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

19 hours ago, RussTCB said:

So people shouldn't be allowed to have July 4th celebrations but you have to go to GN'R? 

That's because it's all made up, ridiculous posts that there's just no defense for. 

I still think masks should be worn. I still wear masks outside and inside stores. 

The numbers of covid cases due to the variant is up in many states. Doctors are worried if this continues it might effect people who have the vaccines. We might need a booster shot. 

I feel alot of people are not getting vaccinated anymore thinking it's okay and it's not.

A hospital in Missouri has two covid floors full of patients again. Doctors and nurses are tired once again. You would think with an available vaccine this wouldn't happen again, but I guess it's due to people without common sense.

I will wear a mask to the GNR concert and Kiss, but that's it for me. I just felt all those crowds of people without masks are asking for trouble. I might be asking for trouble too, but I won't miss GNR. If I get sick and die after it, I'm okay with that.

I jsut want people to realize this covid isn't done yet. The rest of the world is still a mess so what will it take for everyone to get vaccinated and try to get back on track.

I honestly don't think it's going to happen for a long time to come. And with fall and flu season coming, it'll be one big mess once again.

52 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

She's posted here for over a decade, things are pretty tame in here considering the past.

She posts walls of "the sky is falling" posts and does not acknowledge anyone else or their posts. It's fine if it's cathartic for her, but it doesn't mean the rest of us have to be overly gracious about it. No one has been that bad

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. It's what I feel and since numbers are going up again in many US states looks like I'm not all that wrong. I guess we'll wait and see.

I just hope you guys all stay well and still enjoy yourselves. It's not over yet. I hate feeling like this, but honestly, things don't look all that great yet.

I may be stupid for seeing GNR, but since they are my favorite band, I'll take that chance and hope for the best. Guess that sounds stupid, but if it's the one thing I take a chance on this year, so be it.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I still think masks should be worn. I still wear masks outside and inside stores. 

The numbers of covid cases due to the variant is up in many states. Doctors are worried if this continues it might effect people who have the vaccines. We might need a booster shot. 

I feel alot of people are not getting vaccinated anymore thinking it's okay and it's not.

A hospital in Missouri has two covid floors full of patients again. Doctors and nurses are tired once again. You would think with an available vaccine this wouldn't happen again, but I guess it's due to people without common sense.

I will wear a mask to the GNR concert and Kiss, but that's it for me. I just felt all those crowds of people without masks are asking for trouble. I might be asking for trouble too, but I won't miss GNR. If I get sick and die after it, I'm okay with that.

I jsut want people to realize this covid isn't done yet. The rest of the world is still a mess so what will it take for everyone to get vaccinated and try to get back on track.

I honestly don't think it's going to happen for a long time to come. And with fall and flu season coming, it'll be one big mess once again.

Here's how your post reads:

"I read part of some articles or heard part of some news stories and I'm going to report half of what I heard as fact. 

Also, the world should still be shut down but I'm justified in going to a concert because I love GN'R. 

Lastly, the world is going to end when flu season happens"

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't expect anyone to agree with me. It's what I feel and since numbers are going up again in many US states looks like I'm not all that wrong. I guess we'll wait and see.

I just hope you guys all stay well and still enjoy yourselves. It's not over yet. I hate feeling like this, but honestly, things don't look all that great yet.

I may be stupid for seeing GNR, but since they are my favorite band, I'll take that chance and hope for the best. Guess that sounds stupid, but if it's the one thing I take a chance on this year, so be it.

The thing is with a pandemic, there isn't going to be a magic "end" date. There aren't going to be newspapers like at the end of WW2 declaring victory day. By the time the WHO declares the pandemic over, it will have long passed in many regions. With something this global and out of humanity's control, it's just naturally a gradual return to form depending on geographical location and personal protection.

Variants are going to continue to pop up, some are scarier than others but it's proven that modern science prevailed so far. We have extremely effective vaccines for each identified variant. Headlines reading "Reduced Efficacy!" to scare you are doing just that. The public has latched onto these almost arbitrary efficacy percentages, but the vaccine success goes so far beyond that. It is good to be mindful and educated with what is going on but the hard truth right now is that we are very privileged and fortunate in the USA right now. We have ready access to the best vaccines while some places have very minimal access. There will be breakout cases, and a very miniscule and unfortunate percent of the vaccinated population will get very sick and an even smaller percentage will die. Was meningitis a big concern of yours prior to the pandemic? How about getting struck by lightning? The coronavirus will continue to exist like many other scary things we live with, but with these vaccines, it is safe to live your life now. Delta is a big risk for the unvaccinated. Luckily, kids aren't in as much danger with COVID (tragically, a very small percent suffer but hopefully they can get the vaccine soon). At this point, anyone without a medical condition that refuses the vaccine is willingly shooting themselves in the foot, but you aren't one of those people. Even where it is spiking due to Delta, hospitalizations and deaths are vastly reduced due to vaccines. That is also taking the lag into account.

Wear a mask if you want (there is zero shame in that), but continuing to live in terror is fortunately no longer called for. This is all coming from someone who took extreme precautions. Go see your concerts (unless things change)

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Look at the bolded parts in what you wrote above: "what I feel" and "things don't look all that great yet", and then look at the graph for the US below:

uten_113.png

What you are "feeling" is detached from what is really happening. Things are going really well in the US. There is certainly no basis for claiming that "things don't look all that great yet".

Do you recognize the discrepancy between what you are feeling and what is real? Focus on what is actually happening and not what you fear is happening. Fetter your feelings to reality.

As for your overall point that this isn't over yet, you are entirely correct. As @ZoSoRosestated, there is no end date to this pandemic, it will be something we will have to live with. But through efficient vaccines (and yes, we will develop new ones if needed to deal with new virus variants) and increased immunity in the population, Covid-19 will never hurt us the way it did in 20/21 ever again. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

On 7/6/2021 at 5:08 PM, EvanG said:

At least you always react to her posts in a serious manner without making fun of her, at least I don't think you are.

It's unnecessary to ridicule someone because you don't agree with them or don't understand what they are saying. And I see that happening here sometimes. There can be reasons why someone comes to certain conclusions.

I used to react the same way to that action guy that used to post here. He talked so much nonsense, at least in my opinion, and I could be rude to him, but I always thought he was trolling half of the time so he deserved it. I seriously doubt dontdamnmeuyi2015 is trolling here, I think she's being sincere.  

It's the same at my work. I have several colleagues who are anti-vax and they say a lot of stuff that I think is complete nonsene. But whenever I join the discussion we always manage to stay civil no matter how much we disagree with each other. And that's the way it should be.

There comes a point though where its impossible not to ridicule something if it is ridiculous. When someone states earnestly that the virus has a brain it's very hard to treat that person seriously.

A physical brain I'm talking about here, organic matter. That's what she said. I don't sincerely believe anyone could really be that simple minded so I do believe that dontdamnme is trolling. Good luck to her/him, but that means I am allowed to take the piss. I am allowed to anyway by the way even if she is sincere in the drivel that she posts.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

There comes a point though where its impossible not to ridicule something if it is ridiculous. When someone states earnestly that the virus has a brain it's very hard to treat that person seriously.

A physical brain I'm talking about here, organic matter. That's what she said. I don't sincerely believe anyone could really be that simple minded so I do believe that dontdamnme is trolling. Good luck to her/him, but that means I am allowed to take the piss. I am allowed to anyway by the way even if she is sincere in the drivel that she posts.

That's why I said that you never know why someone comes to certain conclusions.

Look... a person can have a form of autism or another issue why they have a different thought process than most other people. It's hard to tell sometimes, especially through an internet forum.

Not saying this is the case with dontdamnmeyui2015, I don't know her, but I think it's immature making fun of people online without knowing why they come up with certain conclusions.

There's another poster here who once mentioned having a form of autism. Sometimes they make observations or posts that are very strange to me. Doesn't mean I can't react to it, but I try to take their condition into consideration before reacting, and I'm definitely not going to make fun of them.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I don't sincerely believe anyone could really be that simple minded so I do believe that dontdamnme is trolling. Good luck to her/him, but that means I am allowed to take the piss. I am allowed to anyway by the way even if she is sincere in the drivel that she posts.

Yeah. I do have to shake my head at many (most) of her posts (like in general on many posts on these forums), but for what it's worth, I do not think she's trolling. I think she's sincere and it's just the way she is. As foreign as that may be to many.

52 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That's why I said that you never know why someone comes to certain conclusions.

Look... a person can have a form of autism or another issue why they have a different thought process than most other people. It's hard to tell sometimes, especially through an internet forum.

Not saying this is the case with dontdamnmeyui2015, I don't know her, but I think it's immature making fun of people online without knowing why they come up with certain conclusions.

There's another poster here who once mentioned having a form of autism. Sometimes they make observations or posts that are very strange to me. Doesn't mean I can't react to it, but I try to take their condition into consideration before reacting, and I'm definitely not going to make fun of them.

Genuinely hadn't considered that. Point taken.

• GNFNR 1

What a giant surprise, the same two users have showed up in the thread to explain to others how they're posting is wrong. 

The user in question tbat people are making fun of does not have a disability. They're a long time user who was actually banned under a different user name but was allowed back at some point. 

Many, many attempts have been made to reason with them in this thread as well as others. Don't let that stop either of you from making yourselves feel better by attempting to talk down to others though. You do you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

What a giant surprise, the same two users have showed up in the thread to explain to others how they're posting is wrong. 

The user in question tbat people are making fun of does not have a disability. They're a long time user who was actually banned under a different user name but was allowed back at some point. 

Many, many attempts have been made to reason with them in this thread as well as others. Don't let that stop either of you from making yourselves feel better by attempting to talk down to others though. You do you. 

What do you mean "showed up in the thread"?? It's a current thread. I've been here many times before. Do I have to check if someone shares the "unpopular" opinion and refrain from posting that, if some one else agrees? Also where have I said that what you post is wrong (but since you're implying that what you are posting could be considered wrong, maybe not all hope is lost ;) ).

How do you know it's the same user if it is a different name? If she was "allowed back" (how gracious of you :rolleyes:), why would there be a different name? How would one know that they are unbanned? Do you send mails that they are unbanned?

Really, the only one doing the talking down is you, thinking you're the only one you got it all right. It's obvious though what makes you feel better. This seems the only forum where that is encouraged.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

It's worth noting the poster with high functioning autism that Evan's mentioning/patronizing is me(pretty certain at least) and contrary to the sanctimonious nonsense he just posted, he's actually attempted to troll and harass me lol so yeah. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's worth noting the poster with high functioning autism that Evan's mentioning/patronizing is me(pretty certain at least) and contrary to the sanctimonious nonsense he just posted, he's actually attempted to troll and harass me lol so yeah. 

Huh? You have autism? I had no idea! And why would I be trolling you if I did mean you? 

My entire point is that it's stupid making fun of people when you don't even know where they are coming from. 

Seriously, what are you doing, Goat?

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Huh? You have autism? I had no idea! And why would I be trolling you if I did mean you? 

My entire point is that it's stupid making fun of people when you don't even know where they are coming from. 

Seriously, what are you doing, Goat?

Which poster with a form of autism who you take issue with were you talking about then? Because I have no memory of anyone other than me mentioning they're on the spectrum.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Which poster with a form of autism who you take issue with were you talking about then? Because I have no memory of anyone other than me mentioning they're on the spectrum.

Where did you read that I take issue with anyone?

Anyway, I'm not going to say who said that to me in PM. 

I didn't even say if it was a he or she and used ''they'' and ''them'' instead.

I'm sorry that you think I am ''trolling'' you, since this has nothing to do with you whatsoever, you didn't even enter my mind.

Edited by EvanG

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Where did you read that I take issue with anyone?

Anyway, I'm not going to say what someone has said to me in PM. 

I didn't even say if it was a he or she and used ''they'' and ''them'' instead.

I'm sorry that you think I am ''trolling'' you, since this has nothing to do with you whatsoever, you didn't even enter my mind.

Lol. Please finally put me on ignore.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

It's worth noting the poster with high functioning autism that Evan's mentioning/patronizing is me

Wanna come with me to Vegas? :lol: 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

What do you mean "showed up in the thread"?? It's a current thread. I've been here many times before. Do I have to check if someone shares the "unpopular" opinion and refrain from posting that, if some one else agrees? Also where have I said that what you post is wrong (but since you're implying that what you are posting could be considered wrong, maybe not all hope is lost ;) ).

How do you know it's the same user if it is a different name? If she was "allowed back" (how gracious of you :rolleyes:), why would there be a different name? How would one know that they are unbanned? Do you send mails that they are unbanned?

Really, the only one doing the talking down is you, thinking you're the only one you got it all right. It's obvious though what makes you feel better. This seems the only forum where that is encouraged.

Your continuous attempts at insults are humorous at best but also tiresome. 

Having been a member of the staff for a long time, I'm aware which users have been allowed back and which haven't. The general rule is that once someone is banned, they're done on the forum. In certain cases, exceptions are made (I made sure not to say "allownences" since that would seems to trigger you) and some users have returned. 

The user in question is one of those, having been banned previously but given the chance to return. Now they're up to their old attention seeking ways. That's the reason they're receiving the reactions they are. 

32 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

And what's interesting about that is that you and I have had our own run ins in the past. However, we (you and I) have found a way to get past it, build up and move on. One of the reasons for that could be that you and I are actually interested in improving ourselves. As opposed to throwing out constant insults at others in a desperate attempt to make ourselves feel better. 

In any case, I've now derailed two threads in two sections, on two different days because I replied to obvious trolling from the same two users. That's my bad, I'll just do my best to not bother with any further posts from them :)

• GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Lol. Please finally put me on ignore.

Ha... that's rich, I think you should take that advice yourself. You are the one who took my post personally even though it had nothing to do with you. I barely even pay attention to your posts these days unless you quote me or like now when I notice that you mentioned me! So please do use that block feature if I apparently trigger you so much.