COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Your continuous attempts at insults are humorous at best but also tiresome. 

Having been a member of the staff for a long time, I'm aware which users have been allowed back and which haven't. The general rule is that once someone is banned, they're done on the forum. In certain cases, exceptions are made (I made sure not to say "allownences" since that would seems to trigger you) and some users have returned. 

The user in question is one of those, having been banned previously but given the chance to return. Now they're up to their old attention seeking ways. That's the reason they're receiving the reactions they are. 

And what's interesting about that is that you and I have had our own run ins in the past. However, we (you and I) have found a way to get past it, build up and move on. One of the reasons for that could be that you and I are actually interested in improving ourselves. As opposed to throwing out constant insults at others in a desperate attempt to make ourselves feel better. 

In any case, I've now derailed two threads in two sections, on two different days because I replied to obvious trolling from the same two users. That's my bad, I'll just do my best to not bother with any further posts from them :)

Not sure why you would feel insulted. Never tried to insult anyone. I guess I must be hitting a nerve. But whatever.

You haven't answered the question though. How would a banned member know they're unbanned? So you send out unban notices? And since she's unbanned, why would there be a reason for her to change her name? It just sounds like a further attempt to discredit her. In the other thread someone told me to just block people, who post shit (which I personally feel is lame, that's why I never do that. Maybe I should start though). Why don't you do the same, instead of making fun of her?? Double standard here!?

As for trolling, I could say the same. I should have just made my comment/observation and not give the further courtesy to respond to offended people as that never really leads to anywhere, except locked threads. ;) So much for willingness to better oneself.

• Haha 1

I don't understand why anyone takes offense.

I don't think she is trolling, I think she's being sincere. If I am wrong, I stand corrected. 

I kinda felt sorry for her because I've seen so many people ridicule her on here through the years.

All I tried to say is that there can be many reasons for someone to have a thinking process that might be weird to most other people.

Making fun of them isn't the answer. Or I guess it can be, but it's pretty immature.

I don't subscribe to ''a virus with a brain'' either, but I don't feel the need to quote her and be rude or make fun of her. Unless she'd be trolling, but again, I don't think she is.

But damn me for having some empathy. I sure learned my lesson.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I said what I had to say on the matter :)

Right. So we are right to believe what you further said about dontdamnmeuyi2015 is BS to discredit her. And there is a double standard. Got you.

• Haha 1

Okay everyone I think we need to dial it back a bit. Nothing Russ said is incorrect although I'm sure he regrets getting drawn into a derail.

Most of us here know nothing about fellow members other than what they share with us so I don't think projecting alleged learning difficulties onto someone is helpful and probably not appreciated.

What is helpful in a thread like this is countering misinformation even that is in a piss taking way. Of course anyone can make a post in here but it's also not anyone's personal anxiety journal. The last 18 months have been bad enough without any sky is falling drama at the point things are actually looking brighter than they have been in a long while.

DDM has been on this forum for a long time and yes others profoundly disagree with her quite often. To give her credit she seems to ignore the disagreement and doesn't ever report so I'm going to assume she doesn't need anyone else stepping in.

Can we all move on from this argument now.

Thanks

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, alfierose said:

Most of us here know nothing about fellow members other than what they share with us so I don't think projecting alleged learning difficulties onto someone is helpful and probably not appreciated.

Uhm... I said that you never know where someone is coming from, it can be anything as to why someone has a different thought process. I even clearly said that I don't know anything about dontdamnmeuyi2015 and that the example I gave doesn't have anything to do with her. I was making that point in general.

SO... getting back on topic. Since a lot of the restrictions have been lifted here, numbers are going up again, mainly due to young people who have been going to pubs and discos in the last couple of weeks. Government is considering reintroducing a few restrictions and will probably announce them tomorrow.

6 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Definitely gotta go to Vegas. Definitely gotta go to Vegas. :lol:

Are you also an excellent driver? 😂

• Haha 1

Here's Dr Robert Malone the creator of mRNA who says these vaccines aren't safe. That it's very new technology nothing like traditional vaccines. That the testing process was rushed and that side effects have shown to have a delay. That open discussion and questioning should be allowed but is being shutdown.

This seems to vindicate my stance on these vaccines and I will wait and see as long as possible before getting vaccinated, if I do at all.

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Here's Dr Robert Malone the creator of mRNA who says these vaccines aren't safe. That it's very new technology nothing like traditional vaccines. That the testing process was rushed and that side effects have shown to have a delay. That open discussion and questioning should be allowed but is being shutdown.

This seems to vindicate my stance on these vaccines and I will wait and see as long as possible before getting vaccinated, if I do at all.

It really seems they are very safe, considering the tests they went through and how many have been vaccinated now. I trust the data and the scientists. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It really seems they are very safe, considering the tests they went through and how many have been vaccinated now. I trust the data and the scientists. 

So you think he's lying and the tests were thorough? Actually watch the video before just dismissing it lol.

Edited by Oldest Goat

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

So you think he's lying and the tests were thorough? Actually watch the video before just dismissing it lol.

Hey, I watched five minutes :D

I think he is wrong because it is more likely the majority of scientists are correct. As for the clinical trials, yes, I believe they were thorough enough to determine that the vaccines are safe, and after having vaccinated millions of people, this seems to be true. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Even though you didn't watch the video you're dismissing I read the articles you posted. I'm not convinced. You should actually watch the video lol.

It becomes a case of he-said-she-said. On one hand you have this guy on YouTube and on the other hand you have the scientific community, peer—reviewed trial data, and the fact that millions by now have received the vaccines. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I know that some people is really scared because media loves fearmongering (playing on peoples fears means $$$). If you're feeling like this virus means the end of the world and feel depressed about this I recommend this site:

justgivemepositivenews.com

Just sound news from trustworthy sources. The difference between this outlet and others is a focus on facts and a positive Outlook. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It becomes a case of he-said-she-said. On one hand you have this guy on YouTube and on the other hand you have the scientific community, peer—reviewed trial data, and the fact that millions by now have received the vaccines. 

Except it's not just "some guy on YouTube" it's the scientist who fucking invented mRNA, OKAY? The articles you posted barely acknowledged that either.

My kind of thinking: Big Pharma, the Pentagon, the US government and other governments, China, the dude who owns Xbox but speaks about vaccines & population control with total authority, pretty much everyone in this situation and those pushing hard for unthinking unquestioning obedience of what is dictated...they have very dubious backgrounds folks and a proven history of being untrustworthy to put it mildly. Oh...the inventor of the vaccine technology is saying the scientific process is being rushed and it's very dangerous. I don't know all the details but I'm scared for humanity and worried about what's going on. We should be cautious

Your kind of thinking: *rolls eyes* hahaha take off your tinfoil hat conspiracy theorist. The powers that be know exactly what they're doing and should be trusted. 

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Except it's not just "some guy on YouTube" it's the scientist who fucking invented mRNA, OKAY? The articles you posted barely acknowledged that either.

I was actually referring to the other guy, the guy who makes these podcasts, where he and his wife pushes snake oil and conspiracy theories. The guy in the middle. 

As for the guy you are referring to: Of course he didn't invent mRNA. That credit goes to evolution some 4 billion years ago. He claims (and has his own blog about it) that he is the inventor of mRNA vaccines, although at best it seems he invented some principles used in modern MRNA vaccine development. Regardless of that, no one can deny his credentials as a scientist. 

It all comes down to trust. Why should I trust this one scientist, though, when the majority of scientists, published data and empirical evidence disagree?

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I was actually referring to the other guy, the guy who makes these podcasts, where he and his wife pushes snake oil and conspiracy theories. The guy in the middle. 

As for the guy you are referring to: Of course he didn't invent mRNA. That credit goes to evolution some 4 billion years ago. He claims (and has his own blog about it) that he is the inventor of mRNA vaccines, although at best it seems he invented some principles used in modern MRNA vaccine development. Regardless of that, no one can deny his credentials as a scientist. 

It all comes down to trust. Why should I trust this one scientist, though, when the majority of scientists, published data and empirical evidence disagree?

The scientific method is pure; scientists aka humans aren't. I'm not saying trust this scientist disregard all others I'm saying the situation is a bit complicated...can we pause and think about things? Or is that not allowed anymore lest you be labelled a conspiracy theorist and condescended to?

Never once on this topic or any other have I claimed to know something I don't know. If I don't know, the most I allow myself are hunches and feelings.