COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

1 hour ago, janrichmond said:

I'm going on holiday and have to do a test while away, I have to do it on Zoom. Anyone done that before?

Yeah, I usually have to get tested when I come back from a holiday. :lol: 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Americans aren't very bright. 

My missus is. She had a very expensive prestigious education at some of the most expensive best private schools in the country.  In practice that just means she's better than me at grammar and can call me a cunt in three languages. :lol: 

Dallas has over a thousand covid patients in different hospitals.

Dallas has opened up the covid testing sites again. Most of the people testing positive for covid are under 30 and are shocked when they test positive. 

Schools open up in a few weeks. Nothing has been said about wearing masks? 

Texas has alot of problems these days, so the governor has no time to think about our kids. The Mexican cartels are making families take their drugs over the border and then killing them once the drugs are in Texas.  I just don't know how horrible human beings can be to families including kids who want to escape their lives?  

Numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are up in Dallas.

School starts on August 2 and the Gov won't make a mask mandate for school kids. 

Dr. Fauci and other doctors agree, if the numbers keep going up in cases and numbers of vaccinations go down, by October, we will be back on course to have another surge and be back where we all started again.

You can doubt it, but just wait and see.

10 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Numbers of hospitalizations and deaths are up in Dallas.

School starts on August 2 and the Gov won't make a mask mandate for school kids. 

Dr. Fauci and other doctors agree, if the numbers keep going up in cases and numbers of vaccinations go down, by October, we will be back on course to have another surge and be back where we all started again.

You can doubt it, but just wait and see.

https://tenor.com/tNPN.gif 

Edited by Dazey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldest Goat said:

Getting Pfizer vaccine, should be this week. Spoke to my really good doctor about it instead of consulting YouTube etc or confused strangers on the internet who think I'm insane lol.

Still very concerned about human rights and how fucked society is but oh well.

Glad to hear it man!!

• GNFNR 1

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Getting Pfizer vaccine, should be this week. Spoke to my really good doctor about it instead of consulting YouTube etc or confused strangers on the internet who think I'm insane lol.

Still very concerned about human rights and how fucked society is but oh well.

Excellent! I got Pfizer too, so now we can be PFFs!

And yes, much smarter of you to consult with your doctor over YT and rock forums. Especially when you are a bit CC (="conspiracy-curious").

As for me being confused, I don't feel confused... but maybe that's part of the confusion! :D But I certainly never called you insane nor thought you were. A bit sensitive perhaps, yes, and not handling criticism very well, definitely, but not insane.

Anyway, good on you to overcome your fears and seek expert advice.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Excellent! I got Pfizer too, so now we can be PFFs!

And yes, much smarter of you to consult with your doctor over YT and rock forums. Especially when you are a bit CC (="conspiracy-curious").

As for me being confused, I don't feel confused... but maybe that's part of the confusion! :D But I certainly never called you insane nor thought you were. A bit sensitive perhaps, yes, and not handling criticism very well, definitely, but not insane.

Anyway, good on you to overcome your fears and seek expert advice.

I don't mind duking it out in debates and discussions, being 'justifiably' criticised or proven wrong or someone taking the piss if it's not done out of malice. I don't take myself as seriously as it may appear, as seriously as others take me. Even when people have told me things like I'm one of the best if not the best poster on here I think wow how nice and untrue. However, the sad reality is I'm pretty awesome and have demonstrated this hundreds if not thousands of times. So I'm beyond tired of the defend myself for stupid reasons while being thrown under the bus and told to lighten up and post how I used to shtick. I don't deserve impunity but I don't deserve all the bullshit I've had to put up with. I'm sensitive yeah but it's not without reason...maybe I do take myself too seriously. :lol:

In a lot of ways I'm chill. One of the ways I'm not chill is, despite even outright clarifying, having words put in my mouth and then being crucified for it. One minute you say I have a warped deranged conspiracy theorist mind the next minute I'm not insane just consiracy theorist lite. Ok. I really don't ask for much but oh well it is what it is.

:lol:

• Like 1

I'm very interested in seeing if/when mandatory vaccinations become a thing in the US. 

I'd love to just get on with our lives but we can't because a bunch of Facebook/YouTube "scientists" somehow have control over idiots. 

Edited by RussTCB
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I'm very interested in seeing if/when mandatory vaccinations become a thing in the US. 

I'd love to just get on with our lives but we can't because a bunch of Facebook/YouTube "scientists" somehow have control over idiots. 

It may be an employer thing but it def won't be a "everyone" thing

Dallas numbers are way up and infecting more younger adults and now children are in the hospitals too.

Medical personnel are going around with ambulances trying to get more people vaccinated.  No mask mandate here in Texas.

Having your child wear a mask is up to the parents. No more plexi glass separating the students desks. 

Not sure how many middle and high school students are vaccinated. My daughter is in the 5th grade, so she is not vaccinated yet. I'm very worried about this, but nothing can be done right now. All students have to attend classes in person right now.

More and more morons are making wearing a mask an issue again even though the delta variant is widespread in Texas as well as many other states.

I honestly don't give a shit about the morons who don't want to get vaccinated, but I do worry about these selfish jerks infecting someone I love.

One Dallas guy, 24 years old, didn't get vaccinated, got covid and had to have a double lung transplant. Honestly, I think they should have saved his life because of his stupidity in not getting a vaccine while now many hospitals are not doing other surgeries on people because of the delta variant. it's not right nor is it fair.

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Oh I know, I'm just hoping a lot of companies make it mandatory. 

I am still working from home. My company wanted to have us start going back to the office, but since the delta variant in very bad in Texas and Dallas, I can continue to work from home. I'm so grateful for this. My daughter begins school on Monday, so I'm glad I will be home for her for the time being. I just don't feel it's safe for employees to all be in a small office. Even with masks some employees got covid last year before we had a vaccine. Luckily they were okay.

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Russ do you think this would go over well with so many morons who aren't vaccinated and burning their masks not? Maybe if we fine them but then again who knows? it's just common sense to stay well and keep the people around you well. Why are people being so selfish and making it like wearing a mask is a bad thing and messing with you rights? I just don't get it?

22 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Russ do you think this would go over well with so many morons who aren't vaccinated and burning their masks not? Maybe if we fine them but then again who knows? it's just common sense to stay well and keep the people around you well. Why are people being so selfish and making it like wearing a mask is a bad thing and messing with you rights? I just don't get it?

No, mandatory vaccinations would not go over well with the general public. 

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No, mandatory vaccinations would not go over well with the general public. 

I don’t know…. I’m sure the second amendment crowd would love vaccine mandates. 🤪

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

It would have been great if everyone had worn masks and been vaccinated the first time. Since many didn't, here we are having to encourage those things again. 

True there was a mother from Arkansas on the news yesterday. Her son has covid and has been running fevers every day. She hasn't taken him to the hospital yet. The reporter asked if she would get vaccinated she said "no". this is why we still have covid a year and a half after it began. She wasn't wearing a mask either. I just don't understand the stupidity of these people?

I read, not sure if this is true or not? another variant has popped up in the UK now? There seems to be no stopping this virus.

I have never stopped wearing a mask since last year and will continue to do so, since you don't know who has delta or not?

Also so many dumb Repulican politicians here in Texas are blaming the migrants coming into Texas for the numbers of sick growing. We've had this virus since last year when no one was coming into the country. Texas has a huge problem with blaming the brown race for all their problems. Makes me sick.

And again, wearing a mask has become political. Common sense has gone yet again.

We were happy when we got a vaccine and now so many people refuse to get it? What the fuck?

Our children are becoming sick now. Kids are on ventilators and in ICU. What does have to happen for parents and others realize this virus is alive and well and can kill our kids? Come the fuck on.