COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

On 7/9/2021 at 3:46 PM, Oldest Goat said:

The scientific method is pure; scientists aka humans aren't. I'm not saying trust this scientist disregard all others I'm saying the situation is a bit complicated...can we pause and think about things?

@Oldest Goat all of that is nonsense mate. It makes absolutely no sense.

23 hours ago, Sweersa said:

Just use your imagination. :D

I hear you. Went to Walmart this morning. The ones not wearing masks were many young kids and teens. Every news channel starts with "wear a mask" because the delta variant is as contagious as the chicken pocks and we all remember how that went. One person gets it and it goes to the other ones. Thanks goodness there is a vaccine now and my child won't get it, but right now delta isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

It's like this virus knows how stupid people without common sense will help spread it quickly.

We have a vaccine and yet we seem to be going in the direction that we were in last year.

So sick of it!

If it continues I bet another lock down will be coming especially once the flu gets here in the fall.

Stay safe and be smart.

4 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

Man! lol I miss how crazy the New York post is! At least there newspaper is still the same as it always was!  I miss NYC.

23 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I agree. That's one of the biggest problems. Human beings aren't thinking. No common sense. if you do stop to think about the facts and realize it can save your life as well as those you love. not even saying other people, because let's face it most of us are selfish except when it comes to the ones we love. So let's start with that and hopefully others will take care of their own familes.

I know we are all sick of talking about this and living like this, but if we want to get out alive to the other side, we have to deal with this shit a lot longer than we want to.

2 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I hear you. Went to Walmart this morning. The ones not wearing masks were many young kids and teens. Every news channel starts with "wear a mask" because the delta variant is as contagious as the chicken pocks and we all remember how that went. One person gets it and it goes to the other ones. Thanks goodness there is a vaccine now and my child won't get it, but right now delta isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Nothing surprises me at Walmart. 

Most people in my area stopped wearing masks a few months back. Cases have been OK for a while. Wouldn't be surprised if a spike occurred. 

Oh well, just gotta keep on keeping on. (Whatever that means, for me it means spending time with my cat)

On 7/30/2021 at 6:02 AM, spunko12345 said:

Derailing/shutting down constructive, genuine, earnest discussion and questioning - especially in a confused stressful situation that has multifaceted real world consequences - with ego and hubris and attacking people who don't automatically obey the powers that be all the while advocating mindless bureaucracy and parroting; bad and unscientific and COUNTERINTUITIVE.

:shrugs:

• Haha 1

I like pizza. I like bagels. I like hot dogs, with mustard and beer... I'll eat eggplant. I could even eat a baby deer... La-la-la-la-la-la, la, la, la-la... Who's that baby deer on the lawn there?

10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Derailing/shutting down constructive, genuine, earnest discussion and questioning - especially in a confused stressful situation that has multifaceted real world consequences - with ego and hubris and attacking people who don't automatically obey the powers that be all the while advocating mindless bureaucracy and parroting; bad and unscientific and COUNTERINTUITIVE.

:shrugs:

What???

• Like 1

Just did first but of traveling since pandemic started besides a Vegas weekend .Went to Cabo for a week.Was nice to get out but it’s a bit of a hassle to do any kind of traveling outside of the States.Things just aren’t the same nor I suspect they will be for the foreseeable future.I’m not sure that vaccines are the answer to the way out of the pandemic either at this point.I got vaccinated,but those that do not I can understand their hesitation as these shots have now been proven to not stop a vaccinated person from getting nor transmitting of the virus.

14 hours ago, gt72 said:

Just did first but of traveling since pandemic started besides a Vegas weekend .Went to Cabo for a week.Was nice to get out but it’s a bit of a hassle to do any kind of traveling outside of the States.Things just aren’t the same nor I suspect they will be for the foreseeable future.I’m not sure that vaccines are the answer to the way out of the pandemic either at this point.I got vaccinated,but those that do not I can understand their hesitation as these shots have now been proven to not stop a vaccinated person from getting nor transmitting of the virus.

But if you're vaccinated and get the delta variant you're not supposed to be as sick as the same people who get it and are not vaccinated.

I hear you. I'm vaccinated but still leary and continue to wear a mask.

Florida and Texas is a mess with this delta variant.

My daughter went back to school yesterday. Teachers and kids are all wearing masks and still taking their temps when they arrive into the school. The schools are still sanitizing every day. They are trying to keep the teachers and kids safe. I just hope everyday she's in school she is staying safe. The vaccines for kids under 12 won't be ready until the end of the year, so it's a long way to go when this delta virus gets more and more people each day.

Gov. Abbott, won't make a mask mandate for Texas. he just keeps blaming the migrants from Mexico and South America for the surge in the virus. He's one BIG moron. We had this virus long before migrants came to Texas. Texas just continues to blame anyone from south of the border for all their problems. Unreal. Who the fuck voted for this moron?

Stay safe it's all we can do for now.

• Like 1

Texas, Florida and California have the highest numbers of covid 19 cases.

Gov. Abbott won't make a mask mandate nor will he shut the state down.

He is a moron and obviously doesn't give a shit how many young people and children get sick and die.

This guy has to get voted our. I'm so worried about my daughter, but thank goodness the school she goes to is taking every precaution, but parents are moving closer to the school to pick up their kids and not wearing masks.  

Again, no damn common sense will cause more lives.

Shouldn't we be moving in a better direction by now? Guess not.

Over 78,000 covid cases in North Texas.  Most are in the hospital and some are kids. Very worried about my daughter.

Some cities in North Texas are allowing virtual classes, but not where we child goes to school. Most parents picking up their kids at 3:30 aren't wearing masks and some go right up to their kid where other kids are too.

I'm just counting down the days until someone gets the virus and I hope it's not my daughter and I hope it's not deadly to any child.

Gov Abbott still holds firm about any mask mandate or a shut down. The man is a stupid ass hole. He keeps saying people know what to do, but if that was the case, this covid virus numbers would be going down instead of going up. All he says is to get the vaccine.

20 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Over 78,000 covid cases in North Texas.  Most are in the hospital and some are kids. Very worried about my daughter.

Some cities in North Texas are allowing virtual classes, but not where we child goes to school. Most parents picking up their kids at 3:30 aren't wearing masks and some go right up to their kid where other kids are too.

I'm just counting down the days until someone gets the virus and I hope it's not my daughter and I hope it's not deadly to any child.

Gov Abbott still holds firm about any mask mandate or a shut down. The man is a stupid ass hole. He keeps saying people know what to do, but if that was the case, this covid virus numbers would be going down instead of going up. All he says is to get the vaccine.

You don't have to worry about your daughter getting seriously sick if she gets it. That is very rare. She might catch it, but kids typically aren't very affected. Might as well worry about her getting hurt in a car accident. She might bring it home and pass it on to someone more vulnerable. That is the real danger with kids getting it. 

I really can't wait to wake up one day and not hear about covid, delta and wearing a fucking mask or not?

When will this shit end? People need to use their damn common sense before it's too late.

It's too scary to think about how many kids will get sick and possibly die. How can we parents bear it?

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

You don't have to worry about your daughter getting seriously sick if she gets it. That is very rare. She might catch it, but kids typically aren't very affected. Might as well worry about her getting hurt in a car accident. She might bring it home and pass it on to someone more vulnerable. That is the real danger with kids getting it. 

Thanks for the advice. So far her school is doing their best to keep our kids safe, but every day seems to be more cases and all these morons are worried about is if they have to wear a mask? Priorities are ass backwards. Some states are suing the education system over masks.  How this become the most important thing to worry about? So sad.

This shows that Texas government is made up of morons:

The schools don't have to let you know if there are covid positive staff/kids in your child's school.

No contact tracing and no mandate masks wearing.

Just some of the schools have different practices too.

My daughter's school, the kids wear masks and have plexi glass separating the kids in the lunchroom tables and have them distance when going into the cafeteria to get their lunch. Other schools don't have this.

I don't understand the school system in Texas at all. it's whatever they feel like doing. Some schools still have virtual learning too. My school has not. They didn't ask for the money.

Meanwhile, hospitals in Dallas are getting full again and Abbott still thinks we are all safe.

So they tell me, "Take AstraZeneca" as soon as you can. So I do. then they tell us (next day) shouldn't take AZ.  then they say wait 12 weeks for second shot.  Then they say no, wait 16 weeks.  Oh no, wait 8 weeks.  Then they say don't take a second shot of AZ, take an mRNA, so I get Moderna.

Now I hear AZ will not be recognized by a bunch of countries if it's the one from India, and mixing vaccines will not be recognized by a bunch of countries.

I just wish a bit more thought for overal implications would have happened before recommendations were made.

All I want to do is get back to Miami this winter. 

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:46 PM, gt72 said:

I got vaccinated,but those that do not I can understand their hesitation as these shots have now been proven to not stop a vaccinated person from getting nor transmitting of the virus.

First, that’s an Inaccurate assessment.

The vaccines do significantly reduce one’s odds of contracting the virus. It just doesn’t guarantee absolute protection from infection. Vaccinated people can still contract the virus, but their odds of becoming infected are eight times less than unvaccinated people.

Second, the goal of vaccines was not primarily about stopping infection, but To lessen the symptoms to avoid hospitalization and death. And so far the vaccines are proving to be incredible effective at both of these goals. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Orsys said:

I just wish a bit more thought for overal implications would have happened before recommendations were made

I agree. It was handled well. I think in Ontario the supply issue became the primary concern.  So when the Astra shot was the only one available to most people in Ontario, the benefits outweighed the costs of consistent messaging. This was all being decided during the worst surge of cases Ontario faced. 

Lots of talk about "common sense"... The worst thing about this virus are peoples reactions to it. Look at the low percentage of the ones infected seriously ill/dead. Look at the evolution of other coronaviruses AND that we have vaccines. Rely on scientists and not fearmongers. Calm the fuck down.

• Like 1

The US has over 100, 000 patients with covid now.

Texas schools don't have to tell you if someone has covid in the school. Thanks to the moron Gov Abbott. He continues to blame the migrants coming over the border. yes some of them have covid, but that's now what's happening in the US right now.

People all over the world are bitching about wearing a mask and proving that they have the vaccine.

I got an email from ticketmaster/live nation the other day and they said if you attend any concert you have to show your proof of vaccine or a negative covid test before you get in. I feel better about this since I have GNR in September and KISS in October.  Hope it works and there's no crazy fuckers making a scene at the door.

Still going to wear my mask and work from home. My concern is getting my 10 year old child a vaccine quickly. Her school is taking care to keep everyone safe. Teachers have been vaccinated and kids are wearing masks and distancing. it's all we can do right now.

One doctor said this virus will become like the common cold in being around forever and hopefully not killilng may more people. 

We have a vaccine and still this virus isn't slowing down and people are still getting sick and dying. Shouldn't this scare the shit out of those who don't have the vaccine? it does me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Lots of talk about "common sense"... The worst thing about this virus are peoples reactions to it. Look at the low percentage of the ones infected seriously ill/dead. Look at the evolution of other coronaviruses AND that we have vaccines. Rely on scientists and not fearmongers. Calm the fuck down.

Have you heard and seen some people who won't get the vaccine? No common sense at all. Every person with a brain has been saying this.  Common sense is very important in making life or death decisions.  If you don't use it, you're a moron. it can save your life.

You have to think about something to make a good decision and think it through about consequences and the outcome if you don't get the vaccine now.  One mother from Arkansas said her son has been running fevers for two weeks. She said she thinks he has the virus, but not sure? Hasn't taken him to a doctor yet. Asked if she would get the vaccine, she said no. Like I said no damn common sense. I think if a parent looses a child to this virus due to their stupidity of not getting vaccinated, they should get arrested fro endangering a minor.