COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

32 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Have you heard and seen some people who won't get the vaccine? No common sense at all. Every person with a brain has been saying this.  Common sense is very important in making life or death decisions.  If you don't use it, you're a moron. it can save your life.

You have to think about something to make a good decision and think it through about consequences and the outcome if you don't get the vaccine now.  One mother from Arkansas said her son has been running fevers for two weeks. She said she thinks he has the virus, but not sure? Hasn't taken him to a doctor yet. Asked if she would get the vaccine, she said no. Like I said no damn common sense. I think if a parent looses a child to this virus due to their stupidity of not getting vaccinated, they should get arrested fro endangering a minor.

I don't know what this has to do with what I posted, but I agree that it's a good idea to get the vaccine. Others obviously don't. Common sense should ideally be synonymous with rational behavior, but it's not, it's highly subjective why I argue that there is no such thing as "common sense".

People make decisions based on superstitions/religious interpretations and other irrational grounds daily. It's nothing new and there's always been consequences attached to that behavior. For both The ones making the decisions and others.

22 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Texas schools don't have to tell you if someone has covid in the school. Thanks to the moron Gov Abbott. He continues to blame the migrants coming over the border.

Between his management of Texas power supply and his handling of the covid situation in your state, it amazes me he hasn’t been driven out of state by pitchfork:

More good news. Fake vaccine cards are being sold on the internet. Not surprised by this at all.

Numbers up in Texas.

A Houston hospital has tents outside the building because there's no more beds for the covid patients.

Schools around Texas open this week. Guess we'll see how this goes. My daughter's school has the kids wearing masks. Not by the schools rules, but the parents.  I'm glad the parents aren't listening to stupid Gov. Abbott.

3 hours ago, downzy said:

Between his management of Texas power supply and his handling of the covid situation in your state, it amazes me he hasn’t been driven out of state by pitchfork:

Told you he is a BIG MORON. Who the fuck voted for this jerk?  I don't get it? He feels okay by blaming the migrants coming into Texas for the numbers of covid patients going up.  the man is a bigoted moron.

He also voted down the law for transgender people saying they have to play sports on the team that says on their birth certificates. He's a LGBTQ phob too. He makes me sick.

And I don't understand that it took the US government until now to make it a rule for all soldiers to get vaccinated? Shouldn't they have been at the top of the list once vaccinations were available?

Same with teachers and school workers. they should be getting vaccinated quickly too.

Somedays I don't know what the hell is going on, so I continue to wear a mask and hope for the best.

45 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

And I don't understand that it took the US government until now to make it a rule for all soldiers to get vaccinated? Shouldn't they have been at the top of the list once vaccinations were available?

It's because they are waiting for FDA full approval of the vaccines not just "emergency use."

Officials initially said the shots could be required by the end of August to help stop the spread of the highly contagious Delta variant. But they decided to wait another month, bowing to concerns expressed by White House officials about putting a mandate in place for troops before the Food and Drug Administration granted full approval for the vaccine.

Defense Secretary Lloyd J. Austin III said in a memo to the staff Monday that he would seek to speed up a vaccine mandate if the F.D.A. approved the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine before the middle of September, which the agency aims to do. In the meantime, he told the services to begin preparing the force for mandatory vaccines.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/09/us/politics/vaccine-mandate-military-covid.html

20 hours ago, downzy said:

ETu47YpXQAAo1YK.jpg

:lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/8/2021 at 1:15 PM, Homefuck said:

Lots of talk about "common sense"... The worst thing about this virus are peoples reactions to it. Look at the low percentage of the ones infected seriously ill/dead. Look at the evolution of other coronaviruses AND that we have vaccines. Rely on scientists and not fearmongers. Calm the fuck down.

Yeah. If everyone would get deathly sick by contracting COVID, it would be a way easier decision to get vaccinated. But seeing as that are only the extreme cases and "many" (obviously I don't know how much many is, but I know quite some who said that from their own experience) don't even feel anything/feel much while having COVID, it's really a question of whether it's really nessesary. Well, eventually it will be, if only to get around all the damn restrictions they try to put on you to get you to get vaccinated and not so much because of fear of COVID.

I probably won't get sick either, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to infect someone who does have a chance of getting sick and dying from it. It already happened to someone in my family, so I don't want to take that risk.

• Like 4

A 53 year old Texas man got covid twice. After recovering the first time, he was scared to get the vaccine. The second time he died from covid. Now his family is on tv crying and saying how everyone should get vaccinated. Too little too late.

Numbers are up again. Florida is mostly red with covid cases.

The FDA is getting closer to making the vaccine approved. Hope more people believe it works after it is.

I want the FDA to okay the vaccine for kids under 12 and quickly. Schools in the south are open and in September the rest of the country schools will be open. Time is running out.

17 hours ago, Dean said:

There’s been a few reports over the last few days here in the UK of Anti vaxxers dying due to COVID. Check the below cider:

I want to know if these people have a regular doctor to see and talk to about their fears? I have a caring doctor that my whole family goes to and trusts. Maybe that's the case for so many people they don't have a doc;tor they can trust? If this is the case, that sucks too.

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I want to know if these people have a regular doctor to see and talk to about their fears? I have a caring doctor that my whole family goes to and trusts. Maybe that's the case for so many people they don't have a doc;tor they can trust? If this is the case, that sucks too.

It's not really the done thing here, at least in Scotland, where people ring up and speak to their doctors frequently, plus, you're about two weeks after you make an appointment to see a doctor. If anything is really severe, we have NHS 24 where you can phone and rhyme of symptoms and they take it from there. People tend to use what they see on social media as gospel and get heavily influenced by the alternate media they choose to follow, and that isn't just with COVID, so instead of speaking with professionals, you have a portion of society following the tin hat brigade. 

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Remember, @dontdamnmeuyi2015, you got vaccinated so your risk is super low. At this point you should just worry about you and your loved ones

Believe me I worry most about my daughter since she's 10 and can't get vaccinated as yet. We take every precaution we can. Now another doctor is talking about a new variant that will be here by fall and might be more dangerous than delta.  I am so sick of hearing this shitty news. If the doctors suspect this, is there nothing they can do about it?

by September most US schools will be open, and elementary kids won't be vaccinated, so what happens if more and more kids get sick. Most of the ICU beds in Texas hospitals are filled by kids. It's like last year all over again. 

1 hour ago, Sweersa said:

Got a link? :P

I saw it on yahoo.com yesterday. Sorry I didn't actually go to the site, just got annoyed by reading it. lol 

Most new cases are in Florida and Texas, yet both Gov. s won't make mask mandates for schools or anywhere else.

The CDC will be making a decision in 48 hours on whether some people might need an extra booster shot for their poor immune systems. This would involve my brother. Eventually doctors are saying people who have gotten their 2 shots will need another one soon.

I just want the CDC to gt the vaccines for the under 12 soon. Kids are in school and can't get the covid shots yet and I have no idea how many Texas kids over 12 have gotten their covid vaccines.

The medical professionals are getting stressed and tired again like they did when covid first started. Texas has gotten medical staff from outside Texas to help our over run hospitals yet Abbott doesn't think we need a mask mandate.

And all those morons in Tennessee who are threatening the medical staff, should be denied care if/when they get the covid. I know we can't legally do it, but come on! So many other sick patients are having a hard time getting the care they need because again hospitals are being over run by covid patients most who are not vaccinated. And i don't want to hear them saying get vaccinated after they get covid and almost die and tell me this shit from a hospital bed. Tough shit.

40 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Most new cases are in Florida and Texas, yet both Gov. s won't make mask mandates for schools or anywhere else.

Unless the Texas mayors step in, like good ol Mayor Ron in San Antonio. I told my brother he is lucky to have a smart caring mayor who believes in public health!! 

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Unless the Texas mayors step in, like good ol Mayor Ron in San Antonio. I told my brother he is lucky to have a smart caring mayor who believes in public health!! 

I know I hear you, but our schools are having everyone wear masks, but it's still scary.

I have a friend who I work with and she's fully vaccinated, but is sick with covid now. This sucks. I doubt we'll ever be able to go back in the office anytime soon.

I know the Garland mayor stepped up when we needed the vaccines distributed around our city. I don't know if/when he'll do anything for masks. I know the school systems are doing what they want to do.

Still Abbott says we are okay. I'm wondering if alot of younger kids start to get sick and God forbid die, if parents will want to hang him by his balls like the Italians did to Mussillii?

San Francisco just implemented the rule that you have to prove you are vaccinated before you can enter a restaurant.

I'm still wondering if a Dallas venue will ask me for proof when I see GNR? Will keep you posted.

13 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The news is saying the lollopalooza concert was a super spreader? DUH. 

I saw that crowd and no one had a mask on. And supposedly they were either vaccinated or tested negative.

This delta variant is a bitch.

Stay safe people.

I just read the opposite. Out of 400 000 People attending there where around 400 who tested positive. Again, I recommend you to follow news outlets that's not playing on peoples fears for attention alternatively live your life without checking out the news everyday. It isn't a necessity for People to know things that doesn't affect us directly. It Will help you to relax and live your life, trust me.

Also; people have been dying in droves because of air pollution and viruses other than covid for decades. This is just another thing. The Good news is that it is highly unlikely that you Will get severely sick from the delta variant (as the other variants). If you're vaccinated and/or young and in Good health the probability is even lower. You should be more worried about getting cancer or getting hit by a car. 

This virus won't go away. Let people live, because "if you can't live, why be alive?".

Edit: I was wrong, there where 203 persons out of 400 000 who tested positive after lollapalooza.

Edited by Homefuck
  • Like 3