Jump to content

COVID-19 Outbreak


adamsapple

Recommended Posts

The Dallas morning news had a 9 year old boy in the hospital ICU with covid. the poor boy can't get vaccinated yet and his family are fully vaccinated, but since delta is here, no one is safe.

Most readers are for mask wearing the hope that Abbott might change his mind and do the right thing and slow things down in Texas and make a mask mandate again. Although I see more and more people wearing masks again.

Many hospitals ICUs are packed now and they can't take care of other patients with other illnesses. 

The nurses and doctors are tired again. Tired of so many patients who are younger now and just tired that we are getting back to the mess like last time.

Abbott is paying other doctors and nurses to come to Texas and help.This is his idea of stopping the virus? What a moron? Why does it seem any one who is a Republican is against masks and slowing things down. Was it always like this? Guess I never paid attention to the workings of the governments until covid.

I even read Utah is having a surge again and their hospitals are over run too.

Many more people are getting vaccinated now, but is it too late?

And all I hear now is another variant will be coming along and be worse than Delta, so what exactly are the scientists going to do about this? This virus has been one or more steps ahead of them from the beginning and doesn't seem to be slowing down one bit.

And to see citizens threatening nurses about wearing a mask. WTF?

I think this shows how selfish and stupid some people are fighting about wearing a damn masks when young people are gtting sick and dying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

 

And all I hear now is another variant will be coming along and be worse than Delta, so what exactly are the scientists going to do about this? This virus has been one or more steps ahead of them from the beginning and doesn't seem to be slowing down one bit.

 

Yeah, even as the pandemic eventually fades out, it enabled the media for years to come to write about new variants/possible new pandemics to get clicks. Again, the vaccines work and we (as in we, humans) have a head start against any potentially more dangerous new variants as scientists are continously working on new vaccines, and evolution is at hand. As organisms main objective seems to be to live on, it's evolutionary interests doesn't lie in killing their hosts (this obviously doesn't seem to be the case with humans, as we're killing the planet, but viruses, as far as we know, doesn't have incitaments of monetary gain).
I know I sound like a broken record but I'm not worried about this virus going forward, the reasons for this is from the top of my head:
1. Trusting science
2. Looking at history
3. Belief in evolution
4. Knowing that nothing lasts forever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cases involving children are way up. All Dallas and Fort Worth schools opened today and parents are fighting the mask mandate.

Most parents are okay with the kids wearing masks while others are fighting it. Where the hell are their priorties?

So sick of hearing about this every damn day.  Another variant is coming and it's going to be bad. Texas is a state full of dummies. So sick of Abbott and his shit ideas while kids are in the hospitals. There are about 10 ICU beds left. 

And I'm very sick of hearing morons who get the virus and then say how you should get the vaccine. I think we shouldn't have to care for them when they don't take the vaccine and get sick and take up beds for the ones who need the care.

I feel badly for the nurses who are taking care of the patients while they have to deal with jerks threatening them about wearing a mask.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 covid case in Auckland. No known link yet.

It's the delta variant. Going into nationwide level 4(max) lockdown for at least 3 days, longer for Auckland. Fuck sake!

Really inconvenient and I'm not vaccinated yet(not my doing couldn't have got it earlier). But I approve of what Jacinda's saying rn in the briefing, very sensible and it makes me realise I have been too cynical about her. Communicating very clearly and efficiently and I feel kinda lucky that I don't have mentally retarded leadership. Even said longterm of course we don't want lockdowns which really gets my dick hard.

Stupid apes panic buying.

Edited by Oldest Goat
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

1 covid case in Auckland. No known link yet.

It's the delta variant. Going into nationwide level 4(max) lockdown for at least 3 days, longer for Auckland. Fuck sake!

Really inconvenient and I'm not vaccinated yet(not my doing couldn't have got it earlier). But I approve of what Jacinda's saying rn in the briefing, very sensible and it makes me realise I have been too cynical about her. Communicating very clearly and efficiently and I feel kinda lucky that I don't have mentally retarded leadership. Even said longterm of course we don't want lockdowns which really gets my dick hard.

Stupid apes panic buying.

Do you think OZs covid situation will mean the GNR tour won't happen in November? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Do you think OZs covid situation will mean the GNR tour won't happen in November? 

 

27 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

GUNS OVER OZ Facebook pg on 4/8/21 alluded to meegan hodges stating oz tour could be rescheduled to 2022. Anyone know if this site is reliable? 

The situation in Aussie is pretty fucked from what I've heard, Sydney fucked them basically and then it spread everywhere. So yeah I'd say very likely Aussie shows will be delayed. Hopefully things improve for them asap.

NZ has a much more effective approach so I think there's definitely a possibility we can stamp out covid again before GNR gets here but it depends will wait and see. We're assuming it's delta and acting accordingly, max lockdown starts in 3hrs, getting genome results and update tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

 

The situation in Aussie is pretty fucked from what I've heard, Sydney fucked them basically and then it spread everywhere. So yeah I'd say very likely Aussie shows will be delayed. Hopefully things improve for them asap.

NZ has a much more effective approach so I think there's definitely a possibility we can stamp out covid again before GNR gets here but it depends will wait and see. We're assuming it's delta and acting accordingly, max lockdown starts in 3hrs, getting genome results and update tomorrow.

My thought was that if they don't play in OZ, they won't play in NZ, as the financial cost getting the show to NZ would outweigh what they would profit, and not worth it. hope I'm wrong though 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

My thought was that if they don't play in OZ, they won't play in NZ, as the financial cost getting the show to NZ would outweigh what they would profit, and not worth it. hope I'm wrong though 

That's a possibility yeah. Maybe they'll add more dates like rn there's only Wellington and Dunedin I'm sure they could do at least 2 more stadiums in Auckland and maybe some arenas around the country too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2021 at 4:06 AM, Homefuck said:

Yeah, even as the pandemic eventually fades out, it enabled the media for years to come to write about new variants/possible new pandemics to get clicks. Again, the vaccines work and we (as in we, humans) have a head start against any potentially more dangerous new variants as scientists are continously working on new vaccines, and evolution is at hand. As organisms main objective seems to be to live on, it's evolutionary interests doesn't lie in killing their hosts (this obviously doesn't seem to be the case with humans, as we're killing the planet, but viruses, as far as we know, doesn't have incitaments of monetary gain).
I know I sound like a broken record but I'm not worried about this virus going forward, the reasons for this is from the top of my head:
1. Trusting science
2. Looking at history
3. Belief in evolution
4. Knowing that nothing lasts forever.

I hear you an thanks for the kind words. Just want us all to be safe especially my ten year old daughter.  Bitching about wearing a mask is just too stupid and yet it continues.  And un vaccinated people who then tell you to get vaccinated after they get sick and take up an ICU bed that maybe another sick person needs.

Abbott is one stupid Gov and our kids are at risk because he won't say wear a mask for now.

Maroon 5 did a concert in Dallas last night. They added to their contract everyone had to prove they were fully vaccinated. If not, they had to take a quick covid test for $30 to be admitted. The news guy said 3 people tested positive and had to leave.

Now Dallas venues aren't happy about this, so not sure how long this will fly. Maroon 5 said they wanted their fans to be safe.

Of course, some people bitched about it saying it's their right not to get vaccinated. So damn sick of that shit.

I guess when I see GNR at another venue, I will see what their policy will be?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I hear you an thanks for the kind words. Just want us all to be safe especially my ten year old daughter.  Bitching about wearing a mask is just too stupid and yet it continues.  And un vaccinated people who then tell you to get vaccinated after they get sick and take up an ICU bed that maybe another sick person needs.

Abbott is one stupid Gov and our kids are at risk because he won't say wear a mask for now.

Maroon 5 did a concert in Dallas last night. They added to their contract everyone had to prove they were fully vaccinated. If not, they had to take a quick covid test for $30 to be admitted. The news guy said 3 people tested positive and had to leave.

Now Dallas venues aren't happy about this, so not sure how long this will fly. Maroon 5 said they wanted their fans to be safe.

Of course, some people bitched about it saying it's their right not to get vaccinated. So damn sick of that shit.

I guess when I see GNR at another venue, I will see what their policy will be?

It's weird when people think they're making a political statement by not getting vaccinated. But again, (most) people are irrational. 
"Reason is the slave of the passions".


I understand your concern for your daughter and I know you've probably heard this a 1 000 times before, but (by all accounts) if a 10 year old gets infected it's extremely unlikely for the child to get seriously ill. 
I hope you will enjoy the GNR-show!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

By the way. NZ is in another lockdown because of one (1) case. I know they've kept the virus at bay for the better part of this year, but bloody hell, they will have to isolate themselves from the rest of the world for years if they keep this up. Even if they vaccinate the entire population, they will get some breakthrough cases as soon as the borders open. What's the strategy?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

By the way. NZ is in another lockdown because of one (1) case. I know they've kept the virus at bay for the better part of this year, but bloody hell, they will have to isolate themselves from the rest of the world for years if they keep this up. Even if they vaccinate the entire population, they will get some breakthrough cases as soon as the borders open. What's the strategy?

I think the plan is to keep control for as long as possible, get everyone fully vaccinated and then start opening the border.

Personally I want the border only partially open at first and think we should take advantage of our situation and poach people like doctors into moving here. When our borders are fully open there'll probably be an influx of people wanting to move here, which is another reason to open partially when we do because we don't have the infrastructure rn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I think the plan is to keep control for as long as possible, get everyone fully vaccinated and then start opening the border.

Personally I want the border only partially open at first and think we should take advantage of our situation and poach people like doctors into moving here. When our borders are fully open there'll probably be an influx of people wanting to move here, which is another reason to open partially when we do because we don't have the infrastructure rn.

Why would there be an influx of People wanting to move to NZ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gov. Abbott of Texas has covid! lol Stupid bastard.

He's fully vaccinated but has been against mandating masks and has tested positive for covid. He also was at an event last night full of people without masks. I'm sure they will all gt tested asap.

Whatever! The guys a moron and karma is a BITCH!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Homefuck said:

It's weird when people think they're making a political statement by not getting vaccinated. But again, (most) people are irrational. 
"Reason is the slave of the passions".


I understand your concern for your daughter and I know you've probably heard this a 1 000 times before, but (by all accounts) if a 10 year old gets infected it's extremely unlikely for the child to get seriously ill. 
I hope you will enjoy the GNR-show!

What I'm tired of is: people who get covid and then say you need to get vaccinated.

Come on! Also there is a couple in Texas who are in the ICU with covid. They thought since they had covid already they didn't need to get vaccinated.  Either they are morons or they don't have a doctor to educate them.

the doctor was saying that the information that comes out of the CDC is confusing. After a year, I don't buy it. Over 600,000 Americans have died from covid, if you don' tknow by now how serious this virus is, you must be the biggest dummy.

Louisiana has the highest rate of covid in the hospitals. Soon they will run out of room.

What the hell is going on?

We that are vaccinated will need another booster soon to stay safe. Two doses is not enough. Here we go again.

Stay safe out there.

I hope I enjoy my GNR show too. lol I might have to wear 2 masks and spray myself with lysol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dazey said:

Me too. The world’s sheep need protecting. 😂

Haha *quietly puts you on the do not let into country list*

5 hours ago, Homefuck said:

Why would there be an influx of People wanting to move to NZ?

Cause we're cool nah people want to live here I dunno, probably especially with our good publicity plus the border has been closed since early last year so there'll be a backup.

Up to 5 covid delta cases now.

Edited by Oldest Goat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did a rare visit to the city center yesterday to do some shopping. Forgot my face mask but almost none wore masks on the tram and the same was the case in the city. Surreal to walk around in shops without a mask on. How quickly we get used to it. 

  • GNFNR 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Did a rare visit to the city center yesterday to do some shopping. Forgot my face mask but almost none wore masks on the tram and the same was the case in the city. Surreal to walk around in shops without a mask on. How quickly we get used to it. 

It's been weird here in Michigan. The county I live in has the highest percentage of people vaccinated, so as of now I almost never seen masks. 

However, I went into the record store the other day and literally everyone but me was wearing a mask. It was 9:30am, so I honestly thought I'd missed some urgent news about mandates being back in place. It was an odd feeling. I looked into the news and apparently it was just an odd, one odd situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

However, I went into the record store the other day and literally everyone but me was wearing a mask. It was 9:30am, so I honestly thought I'd missed some urgent news about mandates being back in place. It was an odd feeling. I looked into the news and apparently it was just an odd, one odd situation. 

Delta is becoming more widespread, so even without mandates (our state has NONE) some more people and even businesses are masking up on their own accord. Not enough people are doing it up here though which sucks because half of our state is not vaxxed and we are in the red for cases. Winter will be a clusterfuck here! Our largest hospitals are already VERY stretched thin....

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Delta is becoming more widespread, so even without mandates (our state has NONE) some more people and even businesses are masking up on their own accord. Not enough people are doing it up here though which sucks because half of our state is not vaxxed and we are in the red for cases. Winter will be a clusterfuck here! Our largest hospitals are already VERY stretched thin....

I know I wear a mask no matter where I go. My mom wears a mask to pick up my daughter from school, but most of the parents who get out of their cars to wait aren't wearing a mask and it bothers me because they are close to the kids walking out of the school.

Over 10,000 kids in Florida are out of school now due to the spread of covid. And yet parents are still refusing to make their kdis wear a mask. What the hell is wrong with these morons.? It it helps keep our kids safe and covid free until there is a vaccination for kids under 12, why is it a problem? I'm so sick of hearing about why should I wear a mask? Maybe because it's the safest way to keep our kids safe right now.

We may also need a 3rd booster shot, which I'm not surprised about since we need a yearly flu shot, so this makes sense. I just want a vaccine now for kids under 12. This is most important right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...