COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Well, it's only been a  few years that Africa got rid of small pox, so not every place is clear of infectious diseases. 

You might have your diseases mixed up. 

Small pox was declared eradicated by the World Health Assembly in 1980.

18 hours ago, downzy said:

You might have your diseases mixed up. 

Small pox was declared eradicated by the World Health Assembly in 1980.

K sorry I know it was some disease that was only cured a few years ago.

Let's face it, we'll always have something that will pop up now and then, but if we try to listen to the doctors and do what's right, we might overcome covid and keep our children safe until there's a vaccine for them.

now is not the time to be selfish unless you stay in your house and never come out.

Stay well.

you know when we lived in Brooklyn and I was about to start 1st grade, our doctor gave us the second measles shot because he felt since a lot of immigrants were coming in from other countries who weren't vaccinated like the US, it was safer. By the time my brother went into kinidergarden, it was required to get a second measles shot.

What I'm trying to say is just like the flu and pneumonia shots, we probably will have to get a yearly vaccine for covid, if we want it to stay healthy.

I'm just grateful that a vaccine was done so quickly. I just wish more people would get on board.

Unfortunately it's become a line in the sand between Republicans and Democracts now instead of keeping everyone healthy.

Both of my Aunts tested positive today and were interacting with my whole family. Luckily, everyone is vaccinated and my grandparents both are 3 weeks our from their booster. Hoping it stays at this, my Aunts seem okay 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Both of my Aunts tested positive today and were interacting with my whole family. Luckily, everyone is vaccinated and my grandparents both are 3 weeks our from their booster. Hoping it stays at this, my Aunts seem okay 

Hope everyone gets tested though because I know many people getting breakthrough infections. Delta is a beast. Fingers crossed everyone in your family stays well!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Happy to hear they are okay. Saved by science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This thread is so depressing. And covid has little to do with it.

Regardless of vaccines and preventive measures you're still being kept in a perpetual state of captivity. The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

It's unfortuante so many are in favour of this "new normality" and are willing to go out of thier way to "prove" to people that this is all for our benefit.

And I'm not talking about Bill Gates, G5, flat earth or foreing substances in the vaccines. No. I'm talking about the sheer implications of what you endorse as an appropriate handling of the health crisis. That will be the real tragedy here.

The unvaccinated are a very convenient scapegoat. For now. Let's see what happens when the Israel scenario starts to spread. Let's see how long you can play the wise monkeys then. 

Less fear, more joy. Be happy. Don't let them take away your ability to think. I wish you all well!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Regardless of vaccines and preventive measures you're still being kept in a perpetual state of captivity. The captivity that can be forced upon you by the powers that be whenever they decide to. Maybe in time, when the 5th and the 6th and the 7th and the nth jab rolls around some of you will start to realize you were on the wrong side of history.

It's unfortuante so many are in favour of this "new normality" and are willing to go out of thier way to "prove" to people that this is all for our benefit.

And I'm not talking about Bill Gates, G5, flat earth or foreing substances in the vaccines. No. I'm talking about the sheer implications of what you endorse as an appropriate handling of the health crisis. That will be the real tragedy here.

The unvaccinated are a very convenient scapegoat. For now. Let's see what happens when the Israel scenario starts to spread. Let's see how long you can play the wise monkeys then. 

Less fear, more joy. Be happy. Don't let them take away your ability to think. I wish you all well!

:lol:

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

E_LsuwkWYAkAFyn?format=jpg&name=900x900

:lol: 

Eyyyyy, its @Sisyphus

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sisyphus said:

Am I in a perpetual state of captivity? How so?

I think most people agree that some level of restrictions has been necessary to cope with the pandemic, don't you?

And if you don't agree with your politicians handling of the pandemic, just vote them out. I assume you live in a democracy, too.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

My company has just delayed their return to office indefinitely, saying that it definitely won’t be in 2021 now.

Yeah, I'm hearing that from a lot of companies across the US now. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

It's that special kind of captivity. Y'know, the type that you can end at any time of your own volition? :lol: 

• Haha 1

On 9/9/2021 at 8:38 PM, Sweersa said:

The few friends I have left will not hang out with me since I have not gotten any of the shots.

So my only friends are now on the internet, and co-workers. :D

And that's the fucked up thing. Why would they not hang out with you, since they are vaccinated??! Some of my friends have gotten the shot, some haven't. We can accept each other's opinion (and also realized there is no point arguing about it) and still hang out together. And no issues (or infections) so far. Why can't this be the norm?

• Like 2

On 9/14/2021 at 2:08 AM, SoulMonster said:

I think most people agree that some level of restrictions has been necessary to cope with the pandemic, don't you?

And if you don't agree with your politicians handling of the pandemic, just vote them out. I assume you live in a democracy, too.

These people are idiots. I’ve literally been living a “normal” life for months.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

And that's the fucked up thing. Why would they not hang out with you, since they are vaccinated??! Some of my friends have gotten the shot, some haven't. We can accept each other's opinion (and also realized there is no point arguing about it) and still hang out together. And no issues (or infections) so far. Why can't this be the norm?

According to the latest research the vaccines provide three times the level of infection than those who choose to remain unvaccinated.  So you do get some level of protection from infection, but you're not bulletproof.  So there's that.

Moreover, many people can't get vaccinated.  My wife and I make our best efforts to balance the risk and social needs for our daughter, who is too young to be vaccinated.  She still attends school where teachers are required to either be vaccinated or be tested weekly.  But we don't allow her to play with other kids without masks who belong to parents who are not vaccinated.  Just last week a four year old died of Covid.  She caught it from her mother who chose not to be vaccinated.

Finally, I just have little respect for those who believe they know more than all the medical researchers and experts who advocate the safety of the vaccines.  If someone wants to be an idiot, fine, have at it.  But I really don't have the time to spend with people I lost my respect for.  The ego and presumption of some to think they know more than the experts is something I want to limit my interactions with.  When you're potentially putting the health of myself and my family in jeopardy because of absolute nonsense, you're not going to get much time from me.  

• Like 1

The NBA won't require vaccinations for their players. Let the countdown begin!

I still would rather get vaccinated to be safe.

The number of cases of covid is still among the unvaccinated.

I've always gotten my vaccines and I do the same for my child. We've never had any problems and I still support them.

This won't be the last pandemic, so I will listen to the science and my doctor and get whatever vaccine is available and once the covid vaccine is available to my child, she will get it too along with the HPV shots.