COVID-19 Outbreak

adamsapple

1 minute ago, Coma16 said:

The problem here (or at least one of them) is that our "experts" are urging people to take whatever injection is available and they are all safe one day, and then weeks later there is evidence thats not the case (ahem AstraZenica and now there are warnings for moderna). Maybe you don't mind being the research or admit that you're being lied to.

Also, anyone who let's their children 5-11 get the jab (because we all know it's coming) needs to be reported to children's aid for abuse. "Treating" healthy children for something that virtually has no risk against them is unforgivable.

Everything has risks.

Safety is a relative proposition.

Yes, they discovered that there is a slightly elevated risk for 18-24 year olds with the Moderna vaccine. 

But the data clearly shows the risk with Moderna is still significantly lower than catching the virus.  If the Pfizer vaccine didn’t exist, they would still recommend Moderna. The only reason they now recommend Pfizer for that age bracket is because it’s slightly less risky. The same situation occured wirh AstraZeneca. If it was the only vaccine available it was still far safer to take it than to catch the virus unvaccinated.

As for your parenting advice, how about you get yourself all the way fucked.

Who the fuck are you to tell anyone how to parent, especially someone who clearly understands shit about fuck when it comes to any of this?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coma16 said:

The problem here (or at least one of them) is that our "experts" are urging people to take whatever injection is available and they are all safe one day, and then weeks later there is evidence thats not the case (ahem AstraZenica and now there are warnings for moderna). Maybe you don't mind being the research or admit that you're being lied to.

Also, anyone who let's their children 5-11 get the jab (because we all know it's coming) needs to be reported to children's aid for abuse. "Treating" healthy children for something that virtually has no risk against them is unforgivable.

Well said!  The way the government is coming after the kids, against even their own “experts” advice, is abhorrent.  Since when did using children to protect frightened adults become morally acceptable. Unbelievable that it’s come to this  - or perhaps not, given the nature of what we’re up against. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Coma16 said:

Who has lied?

That additional adverse effects are discovered as a vaccine is rolled out to billions of people, is as expected, Fact is still that the vaccines are many-fold safer than Covid-19, for people of all ages. And that it has the added benefit of protecting against Covid-19 :lol:

As for whether it is "child abuse" to vaccinate your kids against a disease. Eh, no? As long as the vaccine is safer than the disease, then it is the right to to do as a parent. 

• Like 1

My family and I went to see KISS in concert last night at the new Dickies venue in Fort Worth TX. I got an email stating it is "strongly encouraged" to wear a face mask. lol I could count on one hand how many people wore a face mask besides me and my family. Many parents brought their little kids too which you know aren't vaccinated yet, without a mask. I tried to distance, but it was pretty hard especially while sitting in a floor seat. The highlight was when Paul Stanley flew over the crowd, right over us, so damn cool.

I think venues are putting it out there to wear a mask just in case you get covid and can't sue them. Anyway, I do hope we stay healthy. We are all vaccinated, but I'm still not comfortable going to concerts yet. This is the last concert for this year.

Considering going to GHOST in February, but I'll have to see if things are better by then. It's just crazy, but for 2 hours we tried to rock out and not think about covid.

7 hours ago, frozen_rose said:

This is based on what? Couldn't find anything on ron johnsons Twitter regarding this (or any statistic to support it). Seems like anti-vax propaganda bs. I'd advise everybody to fact check everything be4 they take it as the truth.

Edited by Homefuck

2 hours ago, Homefuck said:

This is based on what? Couldn't find anything on ron johnsons Twitter regarding this (or any statistic to support it). Seems like anti-vax propaganda bs. I'd advise everybody to fact check everything be4 they take it as the truth.

It’s based on horseshit.

The notion that a “journalist” would base their information solely on what comes out Sen.Ron Johnson’s mouth is insane. 

• Like 3

I read in the newspaper today how hospitals in Anchorage Alaska are still over run with covid patients. Many US states still are bad.

Have to get people to get out and get vaccinated. 

I heard there is a pill that can help with the covid virus. you need to take the pill once you feel symptoms and it'll help with the effects.

Bill Mahr was talking about it on his Friday night show. He was why isn't this approved yet? Crazy.

Holidays are coming up. I'm planning on giving out candy this Halloween, but will wear a mask and gloves for the kids. I hated how last year was a bust. I love Halloween and love giving out candy. I just want the kids to be safe and have fun.

18 hours ago, Homefuck said:

I thought this was with the un vaccinated? Who the hell knows now?

22 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yes....Alaska. and yeah it's not good right now. :no:

I know you are vaccinated, but sill stay safe by wearing a mask. It's our only thing that we can do for now.

23 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Brace yourself, here's some good news. Cases are steadily declining in the U.S.

I read that about Texas in the newspaper today. I hope this is true, but this virus seems to go up and down lately. I think it's screwing with us.

I wear a mask, but if most people don't then your protection against Covid goes down..everyone needs to wear one..so yeah I limit where I go. And I just do the best that I can.

Our whole state is bad....a press release came out yesterday stating that we now have 20 Alaskan hospitals doing "crisis standards of care"...where doctors have to decide who lives or dies. 20!!! Our healthcare system has officially collapsed.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I thought this was with the un vaccinated? Who the hell knows now?

I know that it's BS, can't trust anything where there's no transparency on data and how the study was conducted. Obviously the vaccines work.

If somebody doesn't want to get vaccinated, fine. But the decision should be based on facts. And then people can choose to whatever they want. It's sad that there's so much desinformation about this vaccine.

And; while I'm totally on your side regarding that it's a Good idea to get vaccinated I haven't seen any study that shows that masks (excluding the ones that essentially work as air cleaners and cost about $ 200) is really making a difference. 

21 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

And; while I'm totally on your side regarding that it's a Good idea to get vaccinated I haven't seen any study that shows that masks (excluding the ones that essentially work as air cleaners and cost about $ 200) is really making a difference. 

They do work. When we had a democratic mayor last year who implemented a mask mandate, we slowed down our surge and flattened the curve. Cue to to this year where we have a Trumper GQP mayor who refuses to implement a mask mandate and we have WORSE numbers than ever and like I stated above a healthcare crisis. Just because you haven't seen a study sure af does not mean that masks don't work. Fuck that. They do. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-news/2021/09/surgical-masks-covid-19.html

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, downzy said:

Thanks!

One (of many) thoughts about this study; the People in the experiment group got information which also increased the social distancing, so is it that the mask in itself that lowered the transmission rate or was it the information mask wearing People got, which resulted in greater distancing?

But yeah, since the ones with surgical masks had significantly lower transmission rate than ones with cloth masks, apparently surgical masks work (to some extent) to lower the transmission rate. Ok. Obligatory mask wearing should then come with a disclaimer that only surgical masks are allowed? 

(I know that everything regarding covid is a Touchy subject for a lot of people, but it isn't for me. Sorry if I'm percieved as a cynic- I am one, I'm only interested in facts and a somewhat rational discussion, especially regarding this virus. this since People are going bonkers)

27 minutes ago, Homefuck said:

But yeah, since the ones with surgical masks had significantly lower transmission rate than ones with cloth masks, apparently surgical masks work (to some extent) to lower the transmission rate. Ok. Obligatory mask wearing should then come with a disclaimer that only surgical masks are allowed?

The CDC and other heath departments have been saying this since the spring of this year. 

Where I live there was a huge push for people to upgrade their masks to KN95's or better.  

Local Children’s hospital (a very large one) is running out of beds - not because of kids catching COVID 19, but rather other illnesses, due to the breakdown in immunity from isolating them for 1.5 years and parents shoving masks on them everywhere. 

22 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Local Children’s hospital (a very large one) is running out of beds - not because of kids catching COVID 19, but rather other illnesses, due to the breakdown in immunity from isolating them for 1.5 years and parents shoving masks on them everywhere. 

Surprising. Can you provide some source for this?

6 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

We see higher rates of hospitalization of children due to various respiratory illnesses here in Europe too, but not to the extent where hospitals are being filled up (as far as I know).