COVID-19 Outbreak

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just carry a quarter bottle of vodka around with you. Splash a bit on your hands before taking a slug to fortify the belly against infection. Or you can try carrying whisky around and pretend you are like the cowboys. 

Unless it's 60% ABV or more it's useless so you might have a problem there. Other than the drinking it part that is. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What the fuck do they know? If I'm looking for advice from a rock band on how viruses are transmitted I will ask Queen thank you very much.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

He should have spent that time learning something that could be useful as a politician instead, there are only so many people that gullibly swoons when they hear someone uttering trvilialities is a dead language. 

Latin is the most important creation in the history of mankind. 

28 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Unless it's 60% ABV or more it's useless so you might have a problem there. Other than the drinking it part that is. 

Your average vodka is around 30% which is 30% more than 0% which is the alcohol content of not carrying anything.

3 hours ago, soon said:

My Countries guidelines call for an alcohol content of 70% abv. The video makes clear that vodka is not strong enough. Being American made, the video shares that the US CDC is calling for at least 60% abv. Also more than vodka and whiskey provide.

Damn, I should've stocked up on Everclear. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

All liquor stores in Pennsylvania are closed starting tomorrow. Not sure what that's going to help, but there it is. 

I can't help but feel like that will cause more of a disturbance in the force.

Ontario's are open for now and many local breweries are offering free home delivery.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or is anyone else not worried about having money to pay for necessities in the long term?  

My family have some savings to draw on if need be and I would like to think the household income situation in my home won’t change in the next three months during the worst of the outbreak (I have no idea how the millions who are losing their jobs right now will get by).

But this is going to cripple the economy.  Who knows what the other side or this outbreak is going to look like.

As much as I want to have beer on hand the next little while for when I need to take the edge off, I’m worried I might need that money down the road. Maybe it’s me just letting my anxiety get the best of me in this situation, but I can’t help the feeling that money I’d spend on building up my alcohol reserves for a month or two of hibernating might be needed later on.

I have a friend tell me he spent $3k at the liquor store the other day ($1200 was on one case of wine). I really hope everything comes back but I just don’t feel confident it will. And if it does, it will be awhile. 

My college is strongly suggesting we all leave in the next few weeks as classes will be cancelled the rest of the year and they can’t guarentee flights will always be there. My state of California and area is a bit of a hotspot for the virus unfortunately. The positive side is my family friends will be nearby in a few days on their RV trip and have offered to take me back across the country, mitigating my anxiety and fears with going to airports and planes right now.  I have traveling anxiety already, so the idea of going to an airport right now is something I did not want to do unless it is the absolute last resort.

• Like 1

I am in Vegas right now till Thursday. Everything just got shut down and the Venetian where I am staying must close down Thursday 

But on the Brightside, I am leaving with 912 bucks in the bank.  Won $604 playing blackjack and i had 208 in the bank(college student part-time jobs)

So yeah I had a good time  

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else not worried about having money to pay for necessities in the long term?  

I'm salaried and work remotely to begin with, so not really much of a disruption for me. My only true concern is if they send Iowa into a full lockdown and I'm not able to get basic food items at the store due to panic buying. I'm definitely in money saving mode right now though. Who knows what could happen down the road?

Edited by Gibson_Guy87
2 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I am in Vegas right now till Thursday. Everything just got shut down and the Venetian where I am staying must close down Thursday 

But on the Brightside, I am leaving with 912 bucks in the bank.  Won $604 playing blackjack and i had 208 in the bank(college student part-time jobs)

So yeah I had a good time  

Isn't that $812?

• Like 1

The panic buying is crazy. I manage the website for a trade supplies company in Australia and our online sales have blown up over the last few days. They've increased tenfold at least. Folk are buying gallons of isopropyl alcohol, face masks and toilet paper like it's going out of fashion.

• downzy locked this topic
  • downzy unlocked and pinned this topic