Infectious Groove Podcast - Bumblefoot produced band, The Dodies

7 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I'm bumping this because we just released our latest episode and it's VERY personal to me. I talk about the healing power of music and some of my own personal experiences. 

It's available on all major podcast platforms, here's the Spotify link:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/0PHEk5r70bBfFUpXz9bz4h?si=XytXmZeTS-O3aMrBf467nA

Edit- whoops, I linked the wrong episode originally. Should be fixed now. 

Wow, great episode, albeit abbreviated but that's totally understandable. When your son asked you if Michael was a friend of yours, that's powerful. I was mindlessly flipping through the channels yesterday and stopped on the 60s music channel, it was The Beatles' Let It Be. When Paul sings "there will be an answer, let it be." It picked up my spirits. 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Wow, great episode, albeit abbreviated but that's totally understandable. When your son asked you if Michael was a friend of yours, that's powerful. I was mindlessly flipping through the channels yesterday and stopped on the 60s music channel, it was The Beatles' Let It Be. When Paul sings "there will be an answer, let it be." It picked up my spirits. 

Yeah man, I'll remember that moment with my son as long as I live. Same for the other examples too. 

That's a cool little story about Let It Be. As I'm sure you heard, I really believe music is going to be the biggest and most constant healer through this entire ordeal. 

• Like 1

Really strong episode. Kyle and Michelle's absence added to the weight of your message. And what a great message it is. Thanks for sharing your experiences and for encouragement.

Dawes is a band that I swear I was in love with before I even knew they existed, if that makes sense. It all just rings so true to me. And the most recent album Passwords has been very healing. This track Stay Down is taking on a slightly new meaning lately, but still just highlights all the good that some alone time, reflection and rest can bring.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, soon said:

Really strong episode. Kyle and Michelle's absence added to the weight of your message. And what a great message it is. Thanks for sharing your experiences and for encouragement.

Dawes is a band that I swear I was in love with before I even knew they existed, if that makes sense. It all just rings so true to me. And the most recent album Passwords has been very healing. This track Stay Down is taking on a slightly new meaning lately, but still just highlights all the good that some alone time, reflection and rest can bring.

Thanks again listening and the positive feedback! 

We've got some REALLY cool improvements to the show coming next week, I'm very excited for everyone to hear them.

Its funny you mention Dawes. They're a band I only heard of because of my Friday Music Nights. A person who attends regularly brought one of their albums a couple of years ago and played a song called A Little Bit Of Everything. Holy shit, what a song. I've seen them a couple of times in concert since. 

• GNFNR 1

Episode 13 is out and we talked about music in film, soundtracks, biopics, musicals and so on. We're on all major podcast platforms, but here's the Spotify and Apple Podcasts links for anyone interested. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/4HvXKyjjnYossmwsQmo4Pd?si=_uQdsWGHTCijgOixU_CqgQ

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/seeing-sounds/id1497445845?i=1000471311626

Starting this week, we're going to do a bonus episode every week too. I set up an album tournament of sorts. Myself and Kyle picked 8 albums each and they're paired up. 

During each bonus episode, we'll both make out arguments for one album then Michelle is the judge for which album moves on. 

If you listen to the show, you know Michelle being the judge is an extreme wildcard haha. 

In any case, I picked a lot of good ones including Appetite For Destruction. It'll be interesting to see how it does in the tournament. 

• Like 1

We started the bonus episodes of as of today. Going forward, we'll have a regular episode on Monday and a bonus episode every Friday. 

The bonus episode is out now on all major podcast platforms, and they all revolve around an album tournament we're doing. 

Today's bonus is Aerosmith - Get A Grip Vs Carole King - Tapestry

I entered AFD in the tournament and that comes up next week. The match up for next week will he AFD Vs Eminem - Music To Be Murdered By. 

We're at the point in our bonus / tournament episodes where AFD is up against the latest album from Eminem. 

I recapped the way the tournament works for anyone who's unfamiliar. We're available on all major podcast platforms but here's the Spotify and Apple Podcasts links:

Apple-

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/igp-presents-the-in-the-round-bracket-challenge-round-2/id1497445845?i=1000472506969

Spotify-

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3nYwN2jZpd6kkMt8OmJjab?si=2FXXj2ycRDe8Wd6nMwpdig

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

This goes without saying, but I'd love to see some chatter in this thread after anyone listens to the GN'R Vs Eminem episode :)

Tell Michelle to listen to Anderson .Paak's album Malibu. :P

It's definitely one of the best albums released in the last 5 years IMO.

(I'm about halfway through the episode btw)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Tell Michelle to listen to Anderson .Paak's album Malibu. :P

It's definitely one of the best albums released in the last 5 years IMO.

(I'm about halfway through the episode btw)

I passed it on and she actually listened to it, which is surprising for her lol

10 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I passed it on and she actually listened to it, which is surprising for her lol

What did she think?

His last 2 albums (Oxnard and Ventura) were mixed by Dr Dre, so if she's a big Eminem fan she might like those albums more, but Malibu is the fan-favourite.

Good episode btw. Obviously I'd say AFD > MTBMB, but I thought MTBMB was about 20-25 minutes too long. If it were the same length as Kamikaze it'd be a close one.

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

What did she think?

His last 2 albums (Oxnard and Ventura) were mixed by Dr Dre, so if she's a big Eminem fan she might like those albums more, but Malibu is the fan-favourite.

Good episode btw. Obviously I'd say AFD > MTBMB, but I thought MTBMB was about 20-25 minutes too long. If it were the same length as Kamikaze it'd be a close one.

We just recorded our next regular episode and she talked about it. She hadn't listened to that album specifically, so I told her to listen to that one while we were on the show :)

See....that's how I felt about MTBMB, I just thought it was a little long. For me, there are at least 3, if not 4 songs I would have cut that would have made it a shorter album but moved it into masterpiece territory. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

We just recorded our next regular episode and she talked about it. She hadn't listened to that album specifically, so I told her to listen to that one while we were on the show :)

See....that's how I felt about MTBMB, I just thought it was a little long. For me, there are at least 3, if not 4 songs I would have cut that would have made it a shorter album but moved it into masterpiece territory. 

I think you mentioned You Gon' Learn and Yah Yah as ones you didn't like but those are among my favourites (although I didn't like the mix on those songs at all when I first listened to the album). I Will, Lock It Up and Never Love Again are the best tracks, IMO.

If he'd left Stepdad, In Too Deep, Farewell and Those Kinda Nights off the album it would've been much better. Leaving Heaven is a good song but it kinda drags the flow of the album.

I like the skits, too. :P

On 4/25/2020 at 11:16 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

I think you mentioned You Gon' Learn and Yah Yah as ones you didn't like but those are among my favourites (although I didn't like the mix on those songs at all when I first listened to the album). I Will, Lock It Up and Never Love Again are the best tracks, IMO.

If he'd left Stepdad, In Too Deep, Farewell and Those Kinda Nights off the album it would've been much better. Leaving Heaven is a good song but it kinda drags the flow of the album.

I like the skits, too. :P

Yeah, those that I mentioned were just first impressions since I haven't spent a lot of time with the album so they might grow on me.

I totally agree that the album could be much, much better with fewer songs though. 

BTW, our new main episode is out now. We talked about copyright strikes, blocking and so on. It's available everywhere as usual, but here's the Spotify link:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2zKoQIvma6gPt6F12AKgVG?si=jlGXuJ0oQBG0Sp3OhfDrVQ

• 5 weeks later...

Thought I'd give this thread a bump because our latest episode is about Garage Rock but we have an interview with a great new band from Israel called The Dodies. Bumblefoot produced their debut album, so that's enough of a GN'R connection for me to justify the bump haha. 

Here's the link to Spotify and Apple:

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1CbIY0yNYWpjIdVxgrVtZ1

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/its-supposed-to-sound-like-this-w-the-dodies/id1497445845?i=1000475675547

This link leads to everywhere else the show is available:

https://linktr.ee/Infectiousgroovepodcast

• Like 1