POLL: Will Guns N Roses release ANY new music?

Will Guns N’ Roses release any new music?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very simple - it could be a single, EP or full album. No timeframe - just ‘will we or won’t we’.

Case for Yes:-

1. Slash recording at Axls house

2. Niven advising Slash confirmed Axl was reviewing all CD-era material on downtime

3. Slash confirming material is in place with more recording ongoing

4. Fernando’s ‘confirmation’

5. Axls regret/comment over the small discography

6. The mid-90’s stuff found in storage that was found and collected by reps of the band

Case for No:-

1. Axl over-thinking the music

2. Record company politics

3. No real intention to release anything and happy to tour for top dollar

4. Fernando was trolling fans with his comment on Reddit

Me? I think we will get something - too much strong indicators in the ‘Yes’ to suggest we won’t get anything.

Edited by DTJ80
Remembered another bit worthy of the ‘Yes’ argument
  • Like 2

Before this gets locked up, I’ll just say I think you’ve answered yourself. Because, ad "case for no":

1. Overthinking yes, but that doesn’t preclude eventual release. And the other two guys want to see some results. 
2. Any contract may be terminated, even if it costs some penalty money. They are multi-millionaires. 
3. Just some people's opinion, no real substance here. Even if that was Axl’s case (which we don’t know), I’d rely on the other two in this matter, see point 1. 
4. F’nando doesn’t matter at all. 

• Like 1

Im afraid what they will release wont match up the hype, from 87 to 93 era. I have no interest of patched up CD left overs new written music but that wont happen. I think they are between a rock and a hard place, in terms of what they release will be good enough.  

If axl had released music under a solo name not under GNR, there will be less pressure for all involved for new music under the GNR name.

I think new music is for an excuse for touring not "for the fans". Which was the bands attitude for releasing illusions... it was for the fans.

Edited by Sydney Fan

12 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

I missed this. When where what?

China exchange. Also, don't think there was regret. He just pointed out that his catalogue was slim and that he didn't really see his work as complete... that was 2016...

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

I can't believe some people are still dellusional enough to think they will. They won't. They weren't going to. TB will use the leaks as an excuse. Have fun paying way too much money for some mediocre show of the 374th leg of the Will Last A Lifetime tour. 

But for one minute let's assume that in 2020 hell will freeze over, pigs will fly, China will introduce actual democracy, flat earthers will be proven right, Guns n' Roses releases something and some idiot will quote me to tell me how wrong I was - Enjoy your hand full of mediocre songs that took 20 years too long. This band is still  laughable.  

Edited by username
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, username said:

I can't believe some people are still dellusional enough to think they will. They won't. They weren't going to. TB will use the leaks as an excuse. Have fun paying way too much money for some mediocre show of the 374th leg of the Will Last A Lifetime tour. 

But for one minute let's assume that in 2020 hell will freeze over, pigs will fly, China will introduce actual democracy, flat earthers will be proven right, Guns n' Roses releases something and some idiot will quote me to tell me how wrong I was - Enjoy your hand full of mediocre songs that took 20 years too long. This band is still  laughable.  

Soooooooo - that a no then! 😂

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Would be a good album title!

I wasn’t sure if that’s what she/he was going for or have a go at me?! Agreed it would be a good album title!

2 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

1 song would count as new material right, even if it's a polished Hard F'n School?

I just don't see them releasing a full album. 

Yup - I’d count it as new TBH

2 minutes ago, chandler72 said:

How many people (meaning non hard core fans) actually give a shit anymore.

Thing is - that’s difficult to quantify. Best way to find out is to release something and  see if it’s a success or not.

The smart thing to do would be to release a new album of the best stuff they can come up with now that’s representative of the current times, and save the best CD leftovers for an EP afterwards, and then release the scraps (meaning stuff like Tonto and Dummy or whatever) on an anthology box set far in the future (with a limited physical release, most likely), once they’re too old to tour.

But this is GnR we are talking about. Logic is out the window, so they won’t release anything.

Edited by rocknroll41

42 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Thing is - that’s difficult to quantify. Best way to find out is to release something and  see if it’s a success or not.

The idea of a release is probably looked upon more favorably than the actual reality of it. What constitutes success?

Sales? Those numbers will pale in comparison to even CD let alone pre 93 in this current market. That will matter to people and serve for whatever reason as a barometer 

Good Songwriting? Purely subjective. The amount of comments here and elsewhere will wonder how Izzy could have made it better and how they should have brought in Steven/Matt. God forbid if it’s mostly reworked CD era material 

Reviews/Press? Anything short of Axl doing an interview to promote it will be considered fodder. Wouldn’t hold my breath for it either. 

It’s a lose/lose to do anything concrete with this sector. The idea of it currently holds more value where they can hang it over heads to keep people hopefull/engaged. They’ve largely ignored this section of the fanbase and haven’t done much to keep things in good graces and more importantly grow it. Instead they’ve pushed people away. You’d think that would be important if they truly wanted to release new material 

If it does happen, it’s because they wanted to release it for themselves or it’s a needed promotional vehicle to have another tour and pump up those VIP packages 

Edited by guitarpatch

1 hour ago, username said:

People said the same thing about CD and they released it. 

You completely pulled the rug from under your argument in that last paragraph, which basically said "Yep, it's possible... just don't really have a clue if it'll happen... but by saying this I am right either way" It's either one or the other, no pigs flying BS.

Writing off the record before you hear it always makes you sound super smart. You have the same amount of info on what songs would be on a new record, so I don't know how you could have critiqued them already "the leaks!!!" yep, those were 20yrs old, and for all we know they will be used, but they could easily be in the  thrash can now too.