POLL: Will Guns N Roses release ANY new music?

Will Guns N’ Roses release any new music?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im afraid what they will release wont match up the hype, from 87 to 93 era. I have no interest of patched up CD left overs new written music but that wont happen. I think they are between a rock and a hard place, in terms of what they release will be good enough.  

If axl had released music under a solo name not under GNR, there will be less pressure for all involved for new music under the GNR name.

I think new music is for an excuse for touring not "for the fans". Which was the bands attitude for releasing illusions... it was for the fans.

when a band releases something like AFD, NOTHING after lives up to the hype.  They know that.  You would think at this point, they would just release some new stuff for the fans.  They have more fame and money then they can ever use or need.  The tour will keep generating lots of cash.  No matter what they release, some will not like it, because so and so isnt the drummer, or not all 5 wrote it etc.  Its all nonsense 

Edited by fabrph5
  • Like 1

Yes. The Village Sessions rejuvenated my dwindling optimism and faith for new music.

As mentioned, we've had information that has alluded to the fact that something has been happening - I just hope it's a case of sooner rather than later, while Axl is still capable of putting on a great show along with showcasing to the world what more gems he's come up with. I would fucking love a double album. The follow up to Chinese with all the big hitters and whatever else they want to throw in on a second disc. Beef up the back catalogue.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yes. The Village Sessions rejuvenated my dwindling optimism and faith for new music.

As mentioned, we've had information that has alluded to the fact that something has been happening - I just hope it's a case of sooner rather than later, while Axl is still capable of putting on a great show along with showcasing to the world what more gems he's come up with. I would fucking love a double album. The follow up to Chinese with all the big hitters and whatever else they want to throw in on a second disc. Beef up the back catalogue.

A double-album would be a good solution to mixing old and new and also making up for lost time and the currently-small back catalog, as you put it. The problem tho is economic feasibility. Single-disc albums barely sell well these days, let alone a double-album! I suppose one solution could be to do two albums at once, like they did with UYI. Fuck, they could even go full nostalgia-bait with it and call it UYI 3 and 4, I guess! Or maybe have the CD leftovers as a digital-only “bonus” disc... idk. Something like that. There are options, here. The question is whether or not the band and the label have been reviewing any of these options.

I voted for yes. Slash has been to Axl’s studio twice that we know off plus Slash said in the last interview he did that there’s recordings done. Apart from the pointless 5 or 6 weeks tour in Oct/Nov 19 Axl has had nearly a year and a half to work on songs that have existed plus hopefully new songs. Surely even Axl has at least done something towards a new album in that time. 

The one thing that’s kept me optimistic from early on in the reunion was the way Axl spoke in the China Exchange interview about playing Slash and Duff some of the songs he had. There seemed a bit of enthusiasm then about new music. 

But sadly what I’m learning and accepting is that at the end of the day all decisions with a new album comes down to Axl and it doesn’t look good at this moment. Axl doesn’t seemed to have changed much at all and that puts a big cloud over my enthusiasm of getting a new album soon. 

6 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

A double-album would be a good solution to mixing old and new and also making up for lost time and the currently-small back catalog, as you put it. The problem tho is economic feasibility. Single-disc albums barely sell well these days, let alone a double-album! I suppose one solution could be to do two albums at once, like they did with UYI. Fuck, they could even go full nostalgia-bait with it and call it UYI 3 and 4, I guess! Or maybe have the CD leftovers as a digital-only “bonus” disc... idk. Something like that. There are options, here. The question is whether or not the band and the label have been reviewing any of these options.

Just put it on spotify and do a vinyl run for the audiophiles. It's 2020 man, no one is buy physical copies except for vinyl. So don't even put money into it. The money making is all in the touring anyway. A digital release would essentially be free advertising for tours.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im afraid what they will release wont match up the hype, from 87 to 93 era. I have no interest of patched up CD left overs new written music but that wont happen. I think they are between a rock and a hard place, in terms of what they release will be good enough.  

If axl had released music under a solo name not under GNR, there will be less pressure for all involved for new music under the GNR name.

I think new music is for an excuse for touring not "for the fans". Which was the bands attitude for releasing illusions... it was for the fans.

Nothing will match that era. Even the rock music fan's mentality are different nowadays. No one cares enough. Still Ac/dc or Metallica releases new music, let alone other fans. I don't know what Axl thinks, but he shouldn't take pressure in 'new music in 12 years' thing. Slash's work have certain impacts too, so CD leftovers have potentials I think.

I want to believe there will be something  new...

I’m willing to see what these shows will bring as a novelty...they cant repeat the NITL shows...

Axl said they had to finish that in order to focus on whats next.

We should get “whats next” as soon as this “new” tour starts

I really hope they do. Understandably there is a lot of negativity around the forums these days but I am still yet to get to that point. Waiting for CD took all of my teenage years. Watching vids on youtube getting leaks etc, I know I will feel it all over again when something drops. I was like a kid at christmas last year 😂

16 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

New music will only be released posthumously. If there was new music planned we’d have heard it by now. It’s been almost 5 years since initial talks of the reunion. Time to move on.

Then again, it's only been some 3 months since they've really started working on it, according to Slash. Always good to have more points of view. ;) 

Not that I expect any release any time soon...

If an album actually does come, my fear is that it will land in an area of inactivity with crappy promotion where it makes zero imprint on the music scene, similar to what happened with Chinese Democracy in 2008.  Mostly due to the fact that, for the life of him, Axl cannot seem to focus two things at once.

Imagine if Slash comes up with something really good - some brilliant riff, solo or song melody. At this point, with all the uncertainty, what is he likely to do with it?

Is he gonna give it to GNR, knowing it might be buried and disappear for ever, or will he use it with his solo career with Myles Kennedy??? Axl's bullshit is now in danger of directly affecting the quality of any forthcoming album. We're in danger of Slash and Duff getting to the stage where they just phone-in their live GNR performances for the cash, and use their solo careers to express themselves artistically. 

13 minutes ago, Millions said:

Imagine if Slash comes up with something really good - some brilliant riff, solo or song melody. At this point, with all the uncertainty, what is he likely to do with it?

Is he gonna give it to GNR, knowing it might be buried and disappear for ever, or will he use it with his solo career with Myles Kennedy??? Axl's bullshit is now in danger of directly affecting the quality of any forthcoming album. We're in danger of Slash and Duff getting to the stage where they just phone-in their live GNR performances for the cash, and use their solo careers to express themselves artistically. 

Slash did say he had two separate buckets going for both bands. I don’t doubt that eventually stuff will ‘move’ from one to the other depending on how stuff moves forward.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, username said:

I can't believe some people are still dellusional enough to think they will. They won't. They weren't going to. TB will use the leaks as an excuse. Have fun paying way too much money for some mediocre show of the 374th leg of the Will Last A Lifetime tour. 

But for one minute let's assume that in 2020 hell will freeze over, pigs will fly, China will introduce actual democracy, flat earthers will be proven right, Guns n' Roses releases something and some idiot will quote me to tell me how wrong I was - Enjoy your hand full of mediocre songs that took 20 years too long. This band is still  laughable.  

Sir this is a Wendys

• Haha 2