POLL: Will Guns N Roses release ANY new music?

Will Guns N’ Roses release any new music?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Just put it on spotify and do a vinyl run for the audiophiles. It's 2020 man, no one is buy physical copies except for vinyl. So don't even put money into it. The money making is all in the touring anyway. A digital release would essentially be free advertising for tours.

Well, that's not true at all. As evidenced factually by sales figures, as well as the fact every other band seems to be able to be able to make money out of physical copies. Including Slash and Duff. 

In 2019, in the UK alone, 4.3 million vinyl records were sold, and 23.5 millions CDs. It's an absolute fallacy that 'no-one is buying physical copies' anymore. I hear that line trotted out time and time again on this site as a seeming justification for GNR not releasing anything, and it's absurd. 

Again, it's worth pointing out, EVERY other band seems to be able to make albums available. Even ones with very small followings. Money is not, and shouldn't ever be considered to be, an issue here. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3

Is it bad that I’m starting to warm up more and more to my UYI 3 and 4 idea mentioned previously on this thread? Most fanmade versions of the cover arts do UYI 3 as green and UYI 4 as purple, tho honestly I think yellow and purple would “go together” better. EDIT: nevermind, I just realized that the UYI 1 cover already uses too much yellow.

disclaimer: I understand that this idea is absolutely ridiculous and that I shouldn’t even give it a fraction of thought, but fuck it! There’s nothing else to talk about anyways!

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Well, that's not true at all. As evidenced factually by sales figures, as well as the fact every other band seems to be able to be able to make money out of physical copies. Including Slash and Duff. 

Hardly. The new Ozzy album, which is being pimped by Post Malone, sold 65,000 units in it's first week. Historically, that's very low.

5 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Ever since Slash uttered that nonsense about how it's hard to release an album, I gave up hope.

Yeah, that was quite a kicker for me too. Especially coming from a man who the previous year released an album and a live cd/dvd package....

Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Hardly. The new Ozzy album, which is being pimped by Post Malone, sold 65,000 units in it's first week. Historically, that's very low.

Yet, somehow, it still got released! 

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Ozzie, GNR, ac/dc etc are to the point in there careers wghere album sales dont really matter.  Ozzy released some new music for his fans.  GNR needs to follow suite

Just now, fabrph5 said:

Ozzie, GNR, ac/dc etc are to the point in there careers wghere album sales dont really matter.  Ozzy released some new music for his fans.  GNR needs to follow suite

I also think there's a difference between a new Ozzy or Ac/dc album and a new GNR one. The former aren't such an event as they've released many, many albums over the years. The latter would gain more attention simply by it's existence. 

But this is digressing really. The sales figures are irrelevant to it happening in my view.

No-one in that band is thinking "ah, actually, let's not bother with a new album as not as many people would buy it as bought AFD anyway". Sales are NOT the reason this isn't happening.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Seeing as it's 2020, I looked at the streaming numbers. 3 songs from the new album are showing between 3.9 and 11.9 million listens. 

So moving 65k units isn't an accurate way to measure interest in new material. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seeing as it's 2020, I looked at the streaming numbers. 3 songs from the new album are showing between 3.9 and 11.9 million listens. 

So moving 65k units isn't an accurate way to measure interest in new material. 

To be fair though, he was talking specifically about physical copies only. 

My point was really that there's a huge demand for physical still, and the concept of 'no-one buying it' is really a false narrative, driven a lot by crappy media articles. 

I also think a disproportionately high number, percentage wise, of those interested in a new GNR album would want a physical copy. 

13 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

I agree! I'm just saying, they could skip the physical release (sans Vinyl) and just put the damn thing on Spotify. I want new music as much as anyone else.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

My point was really that there's a huge demand for physical still, and the concept of 'no-one buying it' is really a false narrative, driven a lot by crappy media articles. 

I also think a disproportionately high number, percentage wise, of those interested in a new GNR album would want a physical copy. 

Yes I was talking physical only. Clearly people will listen to new music by GnR (and obviously they are for Ozzy as well). I'm just saying the demand for physical copies is very low, as evidence by Ozzy only debuting with 65,000 (which historically would be very low). I want new music either way, and wouldn't be bothered if they just went digital with it.

26 minutes ago, Creed said:

Sure. TB will release every single bit Axl did when he'll be six feet under

I believe so.

With heavy heart I answer no.

If they recorded new music or thinking about releasing an album soon....somebody had to spill the beans...and is only silence...hate to say, but I think new GNR music is the lifesaving of that atrocity that we call TB.

21 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yes I was talking physical only. Clearly people will listen to new music by GnR (and obviously they are for Ozzy as well). I'm just saying the demand for physical copies is very low, as evidence by Ozzy only debuting with 65,000 (which historically would be very low). I want new music either way, and wouldn't be bothered if they just went digital with it.

At this juncture I'd take it on fucking 8-track cartridge if necessary.  

I love how there are basically tiers of threads about a new album. The 6 months. The new album. And now the "ever?" thread. :lol: This allows me to manage my expectations on a daily basis. Feeling positive, hit up the New Album thread. Otherwise, the "ever?" thread :lol:

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Physical media is dying and will continue to do so. Streaming is just how people consume music now. That's all I'm saying. 

I did a quick Google search just now and found that Ozzys physical album sales and steaming numbers weren't that much lower than BTS who dominated last week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Physical media is dying and will continue to do so. Streaming is just how people consume music now. That's all I'm saying. 

I did a quick Google search just now and found that Ozzys physical album sales and steaming numbers weren't that much lower than BTS who dominated last week. 

I think/hope it might plateau soon really. 

Personally, I can't really abide the idea of streaming - I'd take physical every time for so many reasons. Can't convince everyone of the merits of it though....just hope enough people recognize how much better it is! 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

I think/hope it might plateau soon really. 

Personally, I can't really abide the idea of streaming - I'd take physical every time for so many reasons. Can't convince everyone of the merits of it though....just hope enough people recognize how much better it is! 

Oh...I hear ya. I'm a huge physical media guy. I hope it never dies, but I feel like it's a losing battle. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

Is it bad that I’m starting to warm up more and more to my UYI 3 and 4 idea mentioned previously on this thread? Most fanmade versions of the cover arts do UYI 3 as green and UYI 4 as purple, tho honestly I think yellow and purple would “go together” better. EDIT: nevermind, I just realized that the UYI 1 cover already uses too much yellow.

disclaimer: I understand that this idea is absolutely ridiculous and that I shouldn’t even give it a fraction of thought, but fuck it! There’s nothing else to talk about anyways!

Another thought I just had about this: UYI 1 was mostly AFD leftovers and UYI 2 was mostly legit new stuff at the time, right?

Perfect opportunity to do that again... Just sayin’... (Shrugs)

its funny that GnR can’t even get one album out, and here I am asking them to do two! :lol:

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Haha 2