POLL: Will Guns N Roses release ANY new music?

Will Guns N’ Roses release any new music?  

498 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As much as I want new music and/or ChiDem leftovers, I also really want another boxset similar to Locked N Loaded with all of the other demos (like the Mystique and Pasha stuff) and the other old discarded songs (like Crash Diet, Too Much Too Soon, etc.).

The fact that none of those are on YouTube anymore is such bullshit! Not only does this band only have like 6 albums (depending on how you count them), but we can’t even properly listen to any of the old rarity stuff anymore (apart from the tracks that made it onto Locked N Loaded, that is).

A UYI box next year would be the perfect opportunity to make all of that other stuff “official.” If we can’t get new music, or even ChiDem leftovers, can we at least get that?... Please?...

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, rocknroll41 said:

As much as I want new music and/or ChiDem leftovers, I also really want another boxset similar to Locked N Loaded with all of the other demos (like the Mystique and Pasha stuff) and the other old discarded songs (like Crash Diet, Too Much Too Soon, etc.).

The fact that none of those are on YouTube anymore is such bullshit! Not only does this band only have like 6 albums (depending on how you count them), but we can’t even properly listen to any of the old rarity stuff anymore (apart from the tracks that made it onto Locked N Loaded, that is).

A UYI box next year would be the perfect opportunity to make all of that other stuff “official.” If we can’t get new music, or even ChiDem leftovers, can we at least get that?... Please?...

Agreed 100%. If no new music is forthcoming then I’d hope at the very least we get deluxe editions of UYI and CD. As we have said a million times, it’s easy for them to do - all the material is already there ready to be used. Just don’t overprice it?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/7/2020 at 3:05 PM, rocknroll41 said:

On 3/7/2020 at 4:12 PM, DTJ80 said:

Agreed 100%. If no new music is forthcoming then I’d hope at the very least we get deluxe editions of UYI and CD. As we have said a million times, it’s easy for them to do - all the material is already there ready to be used. Just don’t overprice it?!

I would be excited about GnR again if they did that and might even consider buying the box. I'll definitely buy the songs from iTunes like I did for LnL.

I’m going with a no, GnR have been a joke since not in this lifetime became the always and forever tour lol, seriously though I think an album will come out but in about 5-6 years when one of them dies. Honestly I’d rather see the 2000 lineup again at this point 

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Bands don't get global superhits anymore. Outside of the rock world, nobody really gives a shit about GN'R, sad as it is to say. 

I'd say inside the rock world most don't either really. Their crowds seem to be made up of uber-casuals now who are there to hear two songs then move on to the Spice Girls concert. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Bands don't get global superhits anymore. Outside of the rock world, nobody really gives a shit about GN'R, sad as it is to say. 

Yes, probsbly but it is cool to wear GnR, Metallica shirts even if you are not fan. But I do think that Tik-Tok generation do love some of GnR stuff like SCOM and PC. You know when I watched on Youtube how this olderly person was singing Livin on the prayer and all park of youths was singing with him. So if GnR can produce this kind of anthem then we can have hope. Otherwise it ia just nostalgia act. 

The band will have more time together to jam and bounce back and forth new ideas. Then, they will come up with a whole bunch of new songs. Axl loves it. He scraps all the CD-era songs and any other possible new stuff. Then the new album is set to release in 2022.

Then, a new virus comes up. The band will have more time together to jam and bounce back and forth new ideas. Then, they will come up with a whole bunch of new songs. Axl loves it. He scraps all the 2020-era songs and any other possible new stuff. Then the new album is set to release in 2024.

Then, a new virus comes up...

• Haha 2

I know people want "new music" but it's best right now, as well, to appreciate still being able to see bands "live." Just think, 10 years from now, most of the actual "good" rock bands will no longer exist, because most members will have died by that point. Think about it...the majority of members in bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, The Who, ZZ Topp, Rolling Stones, etc...will no longer be on this Earth.

Sad to say, but at that point, you'll be seeing "Nostalgia" tours from piss poor bands like Fall Out Boy for example...and that's about as good as it will get in the rock world...God have mercy on us.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, papashaun said:

I know people want "new music" but it's best right now, as well, to appreciate still being able to see bands "live." Just think, 10 years from now, most of the actual "good" rock bands will no longer exist, because most members will have died by that point. Think about it...the majority of members in bands like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, The Who, ZZ Topp, Rolling Stones, etc...will no longer be on this Earth.

Sad to say, but at that point, you'll be seeing "Nostalgia" tours from piss poor bands like Fall Out Boy for example...and that's about as good as it will get in the rock world...God have mercy on us.

Excelllent points

Depends on what you call "new music".

Is Hard School, Atlas Shrugged, Perhaps, Quick Song and all the other leaks new music?

Even "The General" is not "new music", people are so tired of hearing the name and created so much hype around it that I'm sure it will be "great", but disappointing.

So, no. No new music in my opinion, but they will release those above sometime.

1 hour ago, papashaun said:

That’s a very good point! I was actually just thinking this morning that I’m gonna stop worrying about new music and just appreciate what we have all around! (Albums, b-sides, bonus tracks, song leaks, show footage, pro-shot leaks, etc.)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Popcorn crew said:

Yes, probsbly but it is cool to wear GnR, Metallica shirts even if you are not fan. But I do think that Tik-Tok generation do love some of GnR stuff like SCOM and PC. You know when I watched on Youtube how this olderly person was singing Livin on the prayer and all park of youths was singing with him. So if GnR can produce this kind of anthem then we can have hope. Otherwise it ia just nostalgia act. 

I'm part of that tik tok generation lol (Turning 19 in 12 days), most people I know listen to Motley, AC/DC, Metallica, Zeppelin, Stones & a little GNR. I personally havent met a ton of people my age who listen to GNR too much, probably cause they have put out 1 album in 27 years, and that album flopped with the critics.

In the Slash interview that was released recently he mentioned that he was recording stuff for GNR and seemed cagey when he was asked about it, as if he knew he couldn't say anything but wanted to. That gave me some hope, I do think they will release something but I have stopped being disappointed about the fact they haven't. 

• Like 1