Possible Genesis reunion 2020

SAU3R

I don't know if there are a lot of Genesis fans on here, but on the Genesis forum there's a guy claiming that Genesis will reunite and play 18 arena shows over the UK and Ireland in November. According to him the lineup will be Collins, Rutherford, Banks, Daryl Stuermer and Phil's son Nic on drums. Announcement this Wednesday. 

I take it with a huuuge grain of salt, but the guy seems pretty confident that he's speaking the truth 

Here's a link to the thread: https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/rumor-genesis-reunion-16-arena-tour-in-november-2020.933654/ 

I hope they play more stuff from the Hackett Era than in 2007, but with him and Peter not being involved + lots of it being instrumental and Phil unable to play the drums anymore, I'm not counting on it 

But hell, I'll be fine with anything, I got into them in 2015 and never thought that there would even be the possibility of a reunion so I'm hyped for Wednesday 

Edited by SAU3R

18 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

I hope they play more stuff from the Hackett Era than in 2007, but with him and Peter not being involved + lots of it being instrumental and Phil unable to play the drums anymore, I'm not counting on it 

But hell, I'll be fine with anything, I got into them in 2015 and never thought that there would even be the possibility of a reunion so I'm hyped for Wednesday 

I wasn't aware he's unable to play the drums, what happened?  He's a great but somewhat underrated drummer.

Edit: I just checked, it's a spinal injury thing, that sucks.  Apparently it's a result of his posture when he drums.

Edited by lame ass security

3 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

I wasn't aware he's unable to play the drums, what happened?  He's a great but somewhat underrated drummer.

He needed back surgery somewhere in the 2010s, something went wrong and now he's got numbness in his arms and legs. Watch some of his recent shows, he's sitting down the whole time and walking on stage with a stick 

Still a great singer though and IF there is a tour, I'll be there 

• Like 1

I'm not really up to date with Genesis, but how's Phil? I remember reading somewhere he was barely able to drum anymore, let alone do whole shows. I guess they'd get another (extra) drummer for this tour? 

Might even go see them, just for the sake of it. Even though I think I prefer their stuff with Gabriel. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, username said:

Might even go see them, just for the sake of it. Even though I think I prefer their stuff with Gabriel. 

Same, but given Phil's state I might go. I was born after pretty much all my favorite artists were relevant or even together/alive. So I'll take what I can get.

Confirmed! 

Mike Rutherford: "I think it's a natural moment. It's happened very naturally. Phil's been on tour. His son Nic has been drumming... we're all still good friends... and here we are." 

Phil Collins: "It was something that was working... a problem we had to overcome with me not playing. I have already been working out what I'm going to do and what songs to play on. I think Tony and Mike both came to the shows at the Albert Hall and were taken with ... kind of understood what was needed. I'm one of [Nic's] many influences, being his dad. He plays like me and kind of has the same attitude as me."

Tony Banks: "We have to have Daryl because he knows all the songs."

• 4 months later...