Hollywood Rose song "Rock n' Roll Rose", written by Axl, was considered for the Illusion records

ludurigan

On 3/5/2020 at 5:04 AM, UcudBmine said:

Well, if there's a lot of unheard demos from the UYI days you'll hear it next year when the UYI L&L Boxset is available for the same price as organs on the black market.

On 3/6/2020 at 12:46 PM, ludurigan said:

:rofl-lol:

but wasn't the original plan to include 100 lithographs, 300 toys and 10 versions of Don't Cry on the uyi boxset?

seriously, they gave us very little uncirculated music on the appetite toy box and if there is a box for UYI i don't think they will give us any more uncirculated music

If UMG is involved with the box then it'll be full of unnecessary junk like LnL. Hopefully for UYI the band insists on including more unreleased songs and demos.

28 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

If UMG is involved with the box then it'll be full of unnecessary junk like LnL. Hopefully for UYI the band insists on including more unreleased songs and demos.

I'd happily pay for some good UYI era liveshows, but I don't see them doing that. 

Honestly, I think we heard most of the unreleased demo's and songs from that era already.

4 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

I'd happily pay for some good UYI era liveshows, but I don't see them doing that. 

Honestly, I think we heard most of the unreleased demo's and songs from that era already.

I'm mostly interested in a cleaned up, properly mixed Ain't Goin Down.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

I am pretty sure we didn\t get to hear not even 10% of what was recorded in studio 1989 to 1991

a quick question_ do you like the rolling stones

and are you familiar with their voodoo lounge album

18 hours ago, ludurigan said:

great

i am asking because this has everything to do with the matter we are discussing

have you ever heard anything about voodoo brew, voodoo stew and voodoo residue

No I hadn't, had to look it up. But I'd love something like this by GN'R. The Locked & Loaded boxset was basically a polished up version of AFD, Lies and a bunch of stuff most of us already had/heard.

On 3/17/2020 at 4:00 PM, UcudBmine said:

No I hadn't, had to look it up. But I'd love something like this by GN'R. The Locked & Loaded boxset was basically a polished up version of AFD, Lies and a bunch of stuff most of us already had/heard.

yeah

i don\t know how much you read about them

the backstory legend apparently is that someone related to ronnie wood sold that material for drug money

anyway, it is about 10 plus CDs worth of studio material covering all the stages of the album production

it has very early takes of all the songs

it has a lot of ideas and songs that were abandoned at different levels of development from basic ideas to completely finished songs (similar to aint going down, for example)

check these two out...

these two songs were LEFT OUT of the album yet most everyone who has listened to them finds them very superior to a lot of the officially released songs

also as a side note, a couple of the early very basic and undeveloped ideas that they recorded during the voodoo sessions were many many yeas later reworked in about two brand new songs for the latest keith solo album released a couple of years ago

now back to GNR

if the info we have is correct, and I am basing this on the izzy quote that they recorded the illusion albums three times (and all the available info that corroborates that), i guess it is fair to assume that guns n roses writing and recording sessions for UYI took place in at least three different times and locations from 1989 to 1991

so what does that tell you

that tells me that there are HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS of recorded sessions

and that most certainly includes

' early takes of all known songs

' a lot of ideas and songs that were abandoned at different levels of development

i am pretty sure of that

what i am not sure of is if those recordings still exist and who has them

On 16/03/2020 at 1:21 PM, UcudBmine said:

one more piece of gold from that era is the izzy cassette tapes

by many accounts, izzy sent cassete tapes with ideas and riffs to the band from 1989 to 1990

check this duff quote from https://www.a-4-d.com/t89-izzy-stradlin

Izzy had gotten sober for good by this stage [late 1989], and he kept his distance from [Slash and I]. During the songwriting process [for Illusions], he would send us homemade cassette tapes of his songs and ideas. There was no animosity about his reluctance to come to rehearsals, and his songs - like 'Pretty Tied Up' and 'Double Talkin' Jive' - were great [Duff's autobiography, "It's So Easy, 2011, p. 162-163]

now can you imagine having access to these izzy cassette tapes with early embryonary versions of songs that we all know

and can you imagine how many song and ideas from these tapes may have been rejected by the band and no one has ever heard them

that is fucking gold mate!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, UcudBmine said:

@ludurigan If this boxswt gets released and it contains practically nothing I will hunt you down for getting me hyped about this :lol:

I'd love to hear all that material. 

OH SURE, me too!

there is also more if you consider illusion material written during the appetite days

there are straight quotes from the GNR guys saying that, for example, you could be mine was written during the appetite sessions

so they certainly must have recorded the song in some form

we know that you could be mine, perfect crime, bad obsession, november rain, dont cry, back off bitch and yesterdays werre written in the appetite era

we have early studio versions of bad obsession, yesterdays, november rain, dont cry and back off bitch

i am sure that there are more studio versions of these same songs from the appetite era that we never listened to

and WE DONT HAVE any appetite era studio versions of you could be mine and perfect crime

man, if you consider all the songs that made and all the songs that didn\t make the illusions and all the time they went to the studio to record versions of these songs from 1985 to 1991 there must be at least 100 hours of tapes that we have never had access to