Jump to content

Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused


Recommended Posts

Today Mariah Carey announced that she was cancelling her 2020 shows due to Coronavirus. Do you see Guns following? Considering the shows haven’t been selling amazing anyways and it could give them a lot of good will, I am firmly predicting this. Probably morally the best move as well. I could also see them using this as another excuse why there is no new music this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way ticket sales are going it seems that a GN'R show is the safest place to be right now.

GNR Twitter: "We were totally gonna drop an f'n album now we f'n can't because our f'n tour is cancelled due to f'n Coronavirus."

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, UcudBmine said:

The way ticket sales are going it seems that a GN'R show is the safest place to be right now.

It's probably the excuse they've been waiting for.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

They’ll probably just delay all of the shows, rather than fully canceling them.

its a shame, cause this summer was supposed to be a big one for rock band reunion tours (RATM, MCR, Black Crowes, Genesis, FNM, Classic RHCP, etc.), but now who the fuck knows if any of those tours will still even happen!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

They’ll probably just delay all of the shows, rather than fully canceling them.

its a shame, cause this summer was supposed to be a big one for rock band reunion tours (RATM, MCR, Black Crowes, Genesis, FNM, Classic RHCP, etc.), but now who the fuck knows if any of those tours will still even happen!

Given the venues, I'm pretty sure that couldn't happen - the gap for them being used for things like concerts rather than the sports they're designed for is pretty small. 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

No they won't cancel the shows unless there is some massive development.

Currently only tours in Asia are at risk due to gathering an audience so close together and low attendance due to fear.

People really need to stop getting in such a tizzy over this virus. It'll be another footnote by the summer.

 

Not true. Tours have already been cancelled, and countries such as France have a current ban on any event for over 5,000 people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

No they won't cancel the shows unless there is some massive development.

Currently only tours in Asia are at risk due to gathering an audience so close together and low attendance due to fear.

People really need to stop getting in such a tizzy over this virus. It'll be another footnote by the summer.

 

Lol, you serious bro?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

If the European shows do go on, I guess it would be safe to assume that some (many?) fans will opt out of travel to the show? Like plane flights and longer bus/train journeys? So the shows would be mainly attended by locals and people who drive themselves, which would cut the ticket sales?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, guitarpatch said:

If anyone is pulling the plug, it’s Live Nation. I’m sure Guns will show as long as the check clears 

This

I think if anything gets cancelled it'll be Europe. North America is still ok for now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, soon said:

If the European shows do go on, I guess it would be safe to assume that some (many?) fans will opt out of travel to the show? Like plane flights and longer bus/train journeys? So the shows would be mainly attended by locals and people who drive themselves, which would cut the ticket sales?

They've already bought tickets though. I'd imagine by this point most people who are thinking of going to any show have probably bought their tickets to be honest, bar those who are waiting for a price fall in tickets. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Mariah Carey postponed (not cancelled) A SHOW (not her 2020 "shows") in Hawaii until November.

My apologies for the misinformation. Lots of news articles and word of mouth going around, etc, especially as the world is in panic.

That said, I still think this topic is relevant and we may see artists including GNR cancelling tours.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gnrcane said:

Mariah Carey postponed (not cancelled) A SHOW (not her 2020 "shows") in Hawaii until November.

If GNR cancels anything it might be blamed on COVID-19 but it won't be "due" to it.  

Everybody needs to relax.  This outbreak is being WAY overblown.  Granted China took some extreme measures but they have nearly eliminated the spread in about a month.  It isn't that contagious and it isn't all that deadly unless you are elderly or have underlying issues.  Even with the flu shot available, the seasonal flu is a MUCH bigger and MUCH deadlier (in total, not mortality rate) public health issue.  We don't ban gatherings of over 5000 (how on earth did they determine that 4999 was OK, but 5000 is bad) for the whole flu season.

Thanks Doc. I'll let the World Health Organisation know. 

In the meantime, if you could let the Italian government know that would be great. They've just ordered all schools and colleges to be closed. If only they'd popped on MYGNRFORUM they'd have learned they needn't have bothered hey? 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Thanks Doc. I'll let the World Health Organisation know. 

In the meantime, if you could let the Italian government know that would be great. They've just ordered all schools and colleges to be closed. If only they'd popped on MYGNRFORUM they'd have learned they needn't have bothered hey? 

You don't need to let the WHO know.  Read what the head of the WHO said yesterday.  The Italian government is doing what government's do.  Trying to show their people that they are "doing all they can to protect them" even if the actions don't really have the desired effect.  The WHO has stated that this virus has caused almost no serious cases among children so schools are the last place that really need to be closed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...