Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

7 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Take the "no vaccine available", and the areas it is currently spreading and projected to spread and we will look at those numbers

There is a reason why this is being looked at seriously

Well good luck.  I’m not losing any sleep over it.  We all survived Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Ebola, H1N1, Y2K, Anthrax, Sars, E.Coli, Obama, Zika, Mayan Calendar, etc....

Edited by Original
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Take the "no vaccine available", and the areas it is currently spreading and projected to spread and we will look at those numbers

There is a reason why this is being looked at seriously.  It is a new strain, currently no vaccine and while it won't impact the healthy and prime age groups, it is not purely a "media frenzy" and nothing to want to take it seriously to minimize spreading and minimizing the amount of deaths it will cause - even if some people are going overboard and going to Costco prepping like its the end of the world

Apparently all you need to survive the apocalypse is Kirkland brand toilet paper and a case of water.

5 minutes ago, Original said:

Well good luck.  I’m not losing any sleep over it.  We all survived Bird Flu, Swine Flu, Ebola, H1N1, Y2K, Anthrax, Sara, E.Coli, Obama, Zika, Mayan Calendar, etc....

Like I said, it isn't about us, you or me, surviving it or not - it is about minimizing the unnecessary spread of it for especially those who don't fall into the prime "healthy" category or age demo.  For the grandparents out there, for the very very young, for those with asthma, for those with pre-eixsting health issues, etc.

Tell those people who can potentially be greatly effected by it that this is all made up by the media

"We all survived ebola" except for those who died from it lol.  

To write it off as something to not take seriously, as a reaction to the extreme hyperbolic reactions out there - is just as short sighted and misinformed IMO as the other extreme.  

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, WhazUp said:

Like I said, it isn't about us surviving it or not - it is about minimizing the unnecessary spread of it for especially those who aren't relatively healthy people.  For the grandparents out there, for the very very young, for those with asthma, for those with pre-eixsting health issues

Tell those people who can potentially be greatly effected by it that this is all made up by the media

"We all survived ebola" except for those who died from it lol.  

At any rate I’m not gonna have a pissing match over it.  Good luck.  I’m gonna roll along with no worries.  

Not sure which thread this is most appropriate for but seeing as how we've got a global pandemic on our hands, I thought it'd be important for it to receive top billing if only til mods replace it elsewhere.  Taken straight from the official list of recommended cleaning products from the Center for Disease Control, courtesy of the Las Vegas Review Journal (last one down on the list):

IMG-5205.png

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, 1987b said:

This seems like the most over blown, media driven hysteria of our lifetime.  The mortality rate is the same as the standard flue.  CNN etc keep pushing the narrative but the facts don’t support their ridiculous fear mongering. I never bought the “mass media is biased” narrative until now. CNN’s treatment of the coronavirus is borderline scandalous. Updating every day with a blaring headline about a disease that is completely harmless to healthy people under 70 simply because fear leads to clicks is outrageous. 

But what if you are over 70? Seems selfish to disregard the lives of those over 70 so flippantly - NB., the mortality rate is around 25% for those over 80. I cannot disagree more strongly.

• Like 2

The people bring the mortality rate of seasonal/normal flu up in my opinion are missing the point. If seasonal flu arrived new today, we'd do everything in our steps to eradicate its proliferation. We have however accepted its existence, that there is no chance to remove it, and established vaccines against it. Or to put it another way, with an already extent flu, you don't then welcome another flu with open arms, to pile onto the already preexisting flu.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, there is no dana only zool said:

Not sure which thread this is most appropriate for but seeing as how we've got a global pandemic on our hands, I thought it'd be important for it to receive top billing if only til mods replace it elsewhere.  Taken straight from the official list of recommended cleaning products from the Center for Disease Control, courtesy of the Las Vegas Review Journal (last one down on the list):

IMG-5205.png

GnR 2020 Stadium Tour, brought to you by Live Nation and Clorox.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

To be honest, I do expect at least the European leg to get cancelled. Everything points in that direction. 

At this juncture I can't see at least some of the shows getting cancelled. 

Issue is that we just don't know - decisions seem to be being made quite near to the actual event (Dublin have just cancelled the St. Patrick's Day parade for 17th March for instance) but obviously there's no way a big tour wants to go out uncertain if they will be able to actually play all the shows on the agenda. 

With all that in mind, I'm not sure when the big decision would be made, time-wise. 

But hey, in the spirit of trying to find something positive here as well: even if that happens, it will be just postponed, that's all. Given the venue sizes, the gigs must be in summer, i.e. if they postpone it by a year, we're talking a year's time for new music! There's no way any excuse could be accepted if they didn't whip out a new album by summer 2021! 

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

But hey, in the spirit of trying to find something positive here as well: even if that happens, it will be just postponed, that's all. Given the venue sizes, the gigs must be in summer, i.e. if they postpone it by a year, we're talking a year's time for new music! There's no way any excuse could be accepted if they didn't whip out a new album by summer 2021! 

They don't care if we accept their excuses.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave

8 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Yep - it would have to be by at least a year I would think, although I have no idea how far in advance the 'gig-slots' for these venues get taken up (i.e. the concerts due to take place at the venues in 2021 could already be lined up now). 

As ever....we'll see!