Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

38 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

The asymptomatic transmission has been stated by experts to not be happening on a large scale.  The head of the WHO specifically contrasted it against the flu where that does happen in either a press conference or interview a few days ago.

I think there is still very much debate about that, there is definately an incubation period though, that is 100% proven fact (though the time is unknown). I agree it may not be a large driver, but I'd have thought the one place that may be questionable is at a concert and public transport. I mean the fact the virus is still spreading as it is must mean something.

Sorry for the edit, here is a link to a BBC report about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51800707

Edited by koldbeer2

44 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

How about the fact that they ripped that off from @FRANSAD

Did Frans also create the image they stole for the Coachella lithograph?

I know they've stolen fan-made images before, but I can't remember if they've done it to Frans more than once.

The fact that I even had to ask that... fuck this band. :facepalm:

24 minutes ago, UsedYourIllusion said:

Only this band.. well at least Frans' videos exist somewhere. Let's just hope for a productive tour and new music

14 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Did Frans also create the image they stole for the Coachella lithograph?

I know they've stolen fan-made images before, but I can't remember if they've done it to Frans more than once.

The fact that I even had to ask that... fuck this band. :facepalm:

It's insane. And people wonder why the fan base dislikes Team Brazil so much. 

14 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Nice response always resorting to insults when you can't defend your position because you don't have facts. 

Your probably like 15

7 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Hahahaha! 

Facts, facts, facts! 

NB: You're  

Once again: if you want to have one on one arguments, take it to PMs. 

This is the second time today I've had to post a warning. There will not be a third verbal warning. 

Just now, RussTCB said:

Once again: if you want to have one on one arguments, take it to PMs. 

This is the second time today I've had to post a warning. There will not be a third verbal warning. 

I wasn't part of any previous arguments, but I feel the same. I won't be continuing with this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, koldbeer2 said:

I think there is still very much debate about that, there is definately an incubation period though, that is 100% proven fact (though the time is unknown). I agree it may not be a large driver, but I'd have thought the one place that may be questionable is at a concert and public transport. I mean the fact the virus is still spreading as it is must mean something.

Sorry for the edit, here is a link to a BBC report about it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51800707

The most likely type of asymptomatic spread I can think of is somebody picks their nose or takes a dump and doesn't wash their hands and then touches surfaces that are then touched by somebody else who touches their face before washing or sanitizing their hands.  An asymptomatic person at a concert isn't going to spread it to half the concertgoers like a game of telephone (that goes for a symptomatic person as well).  The person that they may infect sitting next to them by sneezing on them isn't instantly contagious.

Edited by Gnrcane

14 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Looks like Pearl Jam just postponed their tour 

https://pearljam.com/news/spring-tour-postponed

5 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Coachella is next. Hearing postponed until October 

Wow....I hadn't heard that about Pearl Jam. Doesn't surprise me that Coachella is getting moved though.

At this point I'll be shocked if we don't hear about GN'R canceling their tour soon. 

Pearl Jam was touring the States and Canada in March and April, GNR are touring USA still many months ahead. I think the Euro leg is probably gonna get cancelled, the american leg maybe they will wait a bit. I hope they come to SA but at this point who knows.

So was it Pearl Jam themselves who made the decision at the end of the day to postpone their tour? Because in GN'R's case, it was the President of Costa Rica who flat out cancelled all these events, which obviously included GN'R. I don't think the band themselves had any say in the matter. I guess I'm just curious if there is no government mandate of any kind, if GN'R themselves will pull the plug (if it truly comes down to it).  

Edited by GNRfanJen

10 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Wasn’t Frans a victim of the YouTube video take downs. Stealing his imagine is gnr’s way of saying, how do u like it when we steal your content? Retribution for gnr

You know what would have been a far better idea? Working WITH the fans who are passionate about the band instead of attempting some sort of school yard revenge. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well....somebody in Ecuador interview Duff Mckagan and Duff said that they will play a "surprise song".....I don't know how accurate is but....the news site is legit

https://www.metroecuador.com.ec/ec/entretenimiento/2020/03/09/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-quito.html

It'll probably an acoustic version of the zikaaa.
lol kidding aside, I don't think GN'R will cancel shows voluntarily. They're too greedy for the tour money. Now that CoViD-19 is all over the world, they gotta think of an alternate way to earn money. Like maybe release a new record? Hmmm they can just stay indoors like a studio without getting exposure to the virus. Sounds much better to me. What do you think @Fernando?