Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

38 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

So was it Pearl Jam themselves who made the decision at the end of the day to postpone their tour? Because in GN'R's case, it was the President of Costa Rica who flat out cancelled all these events, which obviously included GN'R. I don't think the band themselves had any say in the matter. I guess I'm just curious if there is no government mandate of any kind, if GN'R themselves will pull the plug (if it truly comes down to it).  

The band themselves cancelled, yes. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Correct, and Josh Klinghoffer is opening for them in Europe specifically, so maybe those dates will still happen. Fingers crossed!

Thanks. 

I'm surprised these March/April GNR shows haven't been cancelled yet then really. As someone else said above though- I think it will be the local governments decision not to allow the concert that will stop it rather than the band themselves. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

Well....somebody in Ecuador interview Duff Mckagan and Duff said that they will play a "surprise song".....I don't know how accurate is but....the news site is legit

https://www.metroecuador.com.ec/ec/entretenimiento/2020/03/09/duff-mckagan-guns-n-roses-quito.html

That makes me feel a little better. Hopefully at least SOME of these SA dates still happen, then.

That Pearl Jam statement regarding the cancellation is pretty good stuff. They're clearly putting others first and doing what they think is right for not only their fanbase, but the public in general. 

I'm sure it's frustrating for those who have tickets, but I do respect them for that. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

That Pearl Jam statement regarding the cancellation is pretty good stuff. They're clearly putting others first and doing what they think is right for not only their fanbase, but the public in general. 

I'm sure it's frustrating for those who have tickets, but I do respect them for that. 

It kind of seemed like a combination of that and making a political statement.  

• Like 1

Between the bands, promotors, and govt  able to call for cancellation,  it is possible.                                                          It is probably a wait and see.                           Coachcella is postponed until October. 

15 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Anything from UYI or Appetite can be hardly called a surprise. Your regular concert goer would not be surprised. So it must be a new cover.

Garden of Eden, Don't Damn Me, or Perfect Crime could be called a surprise. But there's no way in hell that's gonna happen, so... 

On a optimistic note... IF GNR cancel their dates, then they have no touring obligations, that means that they can (in theory) get into the studio and make music. It would suck if they cancelled because the concert is centred around my holiday plans, but I have seen them loads of times, so I won't be heart broken! SA dates are due to start soon though, so if things are getting cancelled it they'll be doing it within the next day or two at max. Europe is another story altogether, who knows where things will be in 2/3 weeks time.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is irrefutable that the entire tour will be cancelled. 

Highly unlikely the US leg gets cancelled, with those dates being over summer when this will be in low gear due to the weather, there's just no reason to cancel.  SA and Europe.....probably fooked. 

Edited by tsinindy

7 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

It kind of seemed like a combination of that and making a political statement.  

Definitely. 

It's opened my eyes a bit. I can't help but feel that now that it might be time to put aside personal gain in order to stop the spread of this thing. The UK government response to this so far has been woeful, and I see that very much as the acts of a government who couldn't give a fuck about the best interests of the people and only care about money and businesses. 

European countries should be looking at Italy now and learning lessons, as that situation is undoubtedly heading other countries way. That the UK government had a big meeting yesterday and decided the UK needs to effectively do nothing is frankly ludicrous. But that's what you get when you elect a man who is entirely in the pockets of the rich. 

I think everyone with a ticket to something that gets postponed/cancelled would be disappointed, but at this point it makes zero sense for bands to be travelling around convening big groups of people, and even less sense for festivals (hardly the most hygenic environments) to do so. 

This isn't coming from a point of hysteria or panic - just from a common sense approach, surely?