Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

Just now, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't exactly remember when the swine flu out break was but there was a horror convention here in Dallas. Some of the actors wore gloves and masks and didn't take pictures with fans, but they were still there to sign autographs.

The swine flu didn't stop thousands of fans from showing up including my mom and I.

The point is you take chances but don't be stupid about it. There will always be some disease out there, just hope and pray we stay healthy.

The point this time though is that touring might not actually be an option for the band - the decision may be taken out of their hands by governments. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

At present.....it could change at any moment though. 

Exactly.  Why is this so difficult to understand?  According to the World Health Organization the Coronvavirus has a mortality rate of 3.4% vs. <1% for the seasonal flu.  For the mathematically challenged, let's assume that <1% = 0.99% (it's likely lower than that) then the mortality rate of Coronavirus is at least 243% higher than the seasonal flu.  That right there is why there is extreme caution.  There isn't a Coronavirus shot like there is a flu shot and it is very contagious.  

IF it is not contained it has potential to be disastrous.  

Just now, WAR41 said:

Exactly.  Why is this so difficult to understand?  According to the World Health Organization the Coronvavirus has a mortality rate of 3.4% vs. <1% for the seasonal flu.  For the mathematically challenged, let's assume that <1% = 0.99% (it's likely lower than that) then the mortality rate of Coronavirus is at least 243% higher than the seasonal flu.  That right there is why there is extreme caution.  There isn't a Coronavirus shot like there is a flu shot and it is very contagious.  

Oh, it's bonkers on here. I'm not even sure why I'm spending time arguing with people with no medical or professional knowledge on a band forum who are telling us that people are over-reacting to coronavirus. It's beyond ludicrous really. 

5 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

It's currently at such a high mortality rate due to the countless minor cases going undiagnosed. 

Just fyi.

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, it's bonkers on here. I'm not even sure why I'm spending time arguing with people with no medical or professional knowledge on a band forum who are telling us that people are over-reacting to coronavirus. It's beyond ludicrous really. 

You have no idea as to the education of users on here.

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Easy for you to say but the death ratio is 14% for over 80s. Governments have a moral duty to protect their citizens. Concerts are just meaningless filler at the end of the day compared to lives. 

Aye masses of over 80's attending GNR concerts.

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's currently at such a high mortality rate due to the countless minor cases going undiagnosed. 

Just fyi.

You have no idea as to the education of users on here.

Aye masses of over 80's attending GNR concerts.

I'd question the education of anyone on a GNR fan forum saying the coronavirus is nothing to worry about and that they know better than governments and health organisations about this. 

Edited by allwaystired

Just now, allwaystired said:

I'd question the education of anyone on a GNR fan forum saying the coronavirus is nothing to worry about and that they know better than governments and health organisations about this. 

Again no one said it's nothing to worry about.

You know there is a spectrum of responses between ignoring it and treating it with some "chicken little"- esque hysteria. 

For the vast majority of people this will amount to nothing, but everyone should take available precautions to prevent infection as you do with seasonal flu.

Not rush to the stores to panic buy and put undue stress on health services.

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Again no one said it's nothing to worry about.

You know there is a spectrum of responses between ignoring it and treating it with some "chicken little"- esque hysteria. 

For the vast majority of people this will amount to nothing, but everyone should take available precautions to prevent infection as you do with seasonal flu.

Not rush to the stores to panic buy and put undue stress on health services.

Good to know a user on a band forum knows the correct way to deal with this. Those pesky governments hey, banning stuff and stopping travel? 

If only they'd listen! 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Good to know a user on a band forum knows the correct way to deal with this. Those pesky governments hey, banning stuff and stopping travel? 

If only they'd listen! 

I guess you're right, 

Raid the stores, forcibly isolate anyone with a sniffle. 

7 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I feel like at least Brazil is gonna get canceled too. Apparently there are confirmed cases of it there.

I wouldn't expect so, there's a surprisingly small number of cases in latin america. 

Though there could be a surge in cases of course.