Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

7 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I wouldn't expect so, there's a surprisingly small number of cases in latin america. 

Though there could be a surge in cases of course.

Oh ok. In that case maybe we will at least still get the Latin America leg of the tour!

19 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

I sincerely hope GNR makes the courageous decision to postpone all album and touring plans to 2021.  I, for one, look forward to the GNR 2021 Now Even More Next Chapterer Tour. 

We can use that time to campaign to get DJ Ashba back in the band.  

Just had to remove a post, so as a reminder: we don't allow insults of other members. You can disagree with others all you want, but find a way to do it without name calling / insults. 

Having said that, I just read about a music festival in Miami getting canceled over this. I've also heard of major gaming / consumer electronics events being canceled around the US over it too. 

It might be an interesting couple of weeks for all of these summer tours, GN'R included. 

4 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Latin America tour is ten days away, right? How bad is the virus down there at the moment? If it’s bad, I don’t see the tour starting in ten days as currently planned.

here in Argentina only one case yesterday. It man to arrive here from Italy. But he is good today, and he ask in the hospital eat Sushi....:D

I'm supposed to be going to Florida in a fortnight for Wrestlemania and to visit the theme parks :( Hoping it all goes ahead but just gonna have to wait and see. As long as my flight still leaves I'll be on the plane no matter what :D

They may cancel and blame it on coronavirus but the real reason will be low ticket sales. Take a look at the NY/NJ and Chicago shows, you can still buy tickets for every section including Pit tickets. If these shows happened tomorrow these places would be empty.

And these fuckers deserve this after teasing a new album that turns out to be a bait & switch of them same show from the past 5 years.

5 minutes ago, RedHook said:

They may cancel and blame it on coronavirus but the real reason will be low ticket sales. Take a look at the NY/NJ and Chicago shows, you can still buy tickets for every section including Pit tickets. If these shows happened tomorrow these places would be empty.

That's good for fans who can't buy them now. That's why logistics and marketing exist:blink:

It's amazing that people are rooting for a band they are supposed to be a  fan of to cancel a tour and screw over everyone that relies on these events for their families just so they feel better.

Only shows that are endangered are the Italian ones because that's where the virus is concentrated

Edited by Gibsonfender2323
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Not a bad idea to delay in 2021, then they can redo the setlist as a gearup to the illusions anniversary. 

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

At this point, it might make more sense for them to find a way to tie the new album into the UYI anniversary, somehow. I feel like more people would pay attention to it that way. Nostalgia sells.

That being said, if we really can’t get a new album, then a UYI boxset (similar to what they did for AFD with Locked N Loaded), and a slightly revamped tour with more UYI deep cuts and maybe even the UYI banners back, wouldn’t be a bad option either. If a new boxset featured the full Pasha demos (like how the AFD boxset had the full Sound City demos), then I’d still be very happy.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, downliner said:

I'm supposed to be going to Florida in a fortnight for Wrestlemania and to visit the theme parks :( Hoping it all goes ahead but just gonna have to wait and see. As long as my flight still leaves I'll be on the plane no matter what :D

Damn! Wish you were coming anywhere near Detroit, but WrestleMania will be about 3000 miles away from me lol. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again:

At this point, it might make more sense for them to find a way to tie the new album into the UYI anniversary, somehow. I feel like more people would pay attention to it that way. Nostalgia sells.

That being said, if we really can’t get a new album, then a UYI boxset (similar to what they did for AFD with Locked N Loaded), and a slightly revamped tour with more UYI deep cuts and maybe even the UYI banners back, wouldn’t be a bad option either. If a new boxset featured the full Pasha demos (like how the AFD boxset had the full Sound City demos), then I’d still be very happy.

Use Your Illusion 3 and 4

13 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

Not sure if you’re mocking me or not, but I’ve already made that suggestion like a dozen times on this thread and others in the last few days! :lol:

I was giving it more thought just now though and, even though doing two albums at the same time again would be great, recycling the UYI title could be pretty dangerous, since that whole era of the band’s history hasn’t really aged well, in hindsight (the riots and late starts and rants, the overly-expensive and self-indulgent music videos, etc.).

I guess it would have to be a mix of familiar nostalgia with something new, like “Refuse Your Illusion” or “Lose Your Delusion” or something, with a cover art that is both similar yet different (like the same color scheme but on top of a different part of the original School of Athens painting).

On the subject of UYI, a lot of the interviews Axl did in like 1999-2002 made it seem like he didn’t really look back on the albums fondly anymore, but recent developments like the inclusion of Dead Horse, Locomotive, and So Fine on the setlists now seems to suggest that he’s had a bit of a change of heart, I assume. Hopefully this means the anniversary of those albums will be acknowledged somehow (even if it’s just another cash-grabby boxset with nothing new).

Edited by rocknroll41

It seems more possible than not that the tour will be postponed. It won't necessarily be Guns decision, but rather Live Nation or select cities/venues depending on what stipulations and restrictions are put in place. It might come down to money/profit. The new Bond movie got postponed by MGM/Universal today (pure business move over projected box office losses due to the virus). If things get worse, Live Nation (for example) might not be willing to take a cut on what the shows might lose in attendance and therefore profits. 

Let's say Toronto (which is already selling terribly) decides to put the city on lockdown or is forced to limit public events. They'd pretty much have to postpone it at that point, unless they only want to play for the staff.

At least when the show does happen, it'll have the staff plus the ten people who bought tickets.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I didn't even really read the thread. That's be dumb but cool thpugh

I suppose you’re right that’d it’d be a little silly, now that I think about it more.

i don’t know what the band would wanna call their record at this point, honestly. The current tour is just called “Guns N Roses 2020,” right? Maybe the album would be just self-titled then, or just be called “2020” (assuming it even comes out this year, let alone ever).

that current tour promo design with the skeleton in knight armor and the shield is pretty cool imo. I wouldn’t mind if that ended up being the album cover.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Just had to remove a post, so as a reminder: we don't allow insults of other members. You can disagree with others all you want, but find a way to do it without name calling / insults. 

Having said that, I just read about a music festival in Miami getting canceled over this. I've also heard of major gaming / consumer electronics events being canceled around the US over it too. 

It might be an interesting couple of weeks for all of these summer tours, GN'R included. 

There's talk of Coachella being cancelled too.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Not sure if you’re mocking me or not, but I’ve already made that suggestion like a dozen times on this thread and others in the last few days! :lol:

I was giving it more thought just now though and, even though doing two albums at the same time again would be great, recycling the UYI title could be pretty dangerous, since that whole era of the band’s history hasn’t really aged well, in hindsight (the riots and late starts and rants, the overly-expensive and self-indulgent music videos, etc.).

I guess it would have to be a mix of familiar nostalgia with something new, like “Refuse Your Illusion” or “Lose Your Delusion” or something, with a cover art that is both similar yet different (like the same color scheme but on top of a different part of the original School of Athens painting).

On the subject of UYI, a lot of the interviews Axl did in like 1999-2002 made it seem like he didn’t really look back on the albums fondly anymore, but recent developments like the inclusion of Dead Horse, Locomotive, and So Fine on the setlists now seems to suggest that he’s had a bit of a change of heart, I assume. Hopefully this means the anniversary of those albums will be acknowledged somehow (even if it’s just another cash-grabby boxset with nothing new).

They didn't play So Fine, did they?

4 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Im becoming ok with a future release titled UYI 3 and 4.

Uyi 3 can be redone CD2 stuff, and 4 is all new music.

You have bands like led zep that had albums 2,3, and 4. Gnr can do someting similar.

If TB has half a brain i really hope they milk the illusions anniversary as much as possible. Stage show, billboards everywhere, dvd and demo boxsets,overpriced merch. Reiisue of the orange/blue illusions shirt. If ever there was an opportune time to milk the fanbase this would be it.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1