Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

It’s likely in Europe that anything from August/Sept onwards will go ahead. The tactic is to delay the spread, not to contain it. By April, May this fucking thing is going to have spread across almost the entire world and we’ll be mitigating the the virus and burying the dead sadly. The peak in the UK is predicted to be in April/May. 

Certainly by August on, there won’t be much point of delaying and hopefully we’ll be out of the mitigate stage. Will the summer festivals go ahead? Who knows.

The UK shows in May? No chance in hell they're going head is my guess. 

Edited by invisible_rose
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

So can someone explain to me again why the band can’t just pull out themselves? Is it just cause they’d have to pay a huge penalty fee out-of-pocket, and they don’t wanna do that?

They could, but then they would lose their few millions of $$, and that's the onky thing that matters...

They can hope they don't end like that moronic NBA player who LoLed on Corona just to be 1st NBA player positive... Also, he is young athlete, and these guys are little older...

This show is evidence for what this band today is - only money... They are prepared to risk their health, health of tens of thousands of people just for another few millions of dollars...

I hope media woild bury them for this...

• Like 2

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-13/guns-n-roses-headlines-one-of-world-s-last-music-festivals?utm_source=url_link

“In Mexico, a lack of official guidance is keeping some events like the Vive Latino festival on schedule.

“Our position is to carry on with the festival because we think it would be irresponsible not to, we’ve sold many tickets,” Jordi Puig, the event’s director, said in a radio interview on Thursday with W Radio. “We’re going with what authorities have told us.” Puig said they’ve added hand sanitizers throughout the venue, which will have concerts spread across six stages.

Guns N’ Roses is expected to play Saturday night. The band’s manager didn’t immediately reply to calls and emails. At least one band, She Wants Revenge, canceled its performance, according to local media.

“The party must go on,” Puig said. The company won’t offer reimbursement to those who wish to cancel due to coronavirus fears. “We don’t think it’s justified at this point,” he said.”

Money, Money, Money...

Edited by Shalalaknees

Wether it's Guns N' Roses playing to an audience in Mexico or WWE having empty arena shows, I can't help but feel irritated at the fact these money hungry mother fuckers can't just cancel.

Hey Guns, you show you give no fucks about your fanbase when you are willing to play for them, and help spread this shit.

Losers.

• Like 2

The infection rates are only tested and confirmed. There is little doubt that Mexico's rate (currently 15 confirmed) is in excess of 500 as many people are treating this as normal flu and/or self-isolating voluntarily, without medical assistance. It is believed that some people with the virus will not even know they have it, such is the mildness of symptoms. All of these people are inherently carriers. 

Big events proliferate people's usage of public transport, toilets and other facilities. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The thing is despite what makes sense to the average person big events don't present that much danger to the public, as long as the overall rate of infection i the country is low enough. 

Not even a week ago Italy went into lockdown. Two weeks ago we would've said it was impossible. It spreads fast. And I find it really curious Mexico only has 12 cases but 4 have already healed.

Incubation is a few days at least. It's just plain dumb, if not criminal, to have a festival in these times.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The thing is despite what makes sense to the average person big events don't present that much danger to the public, as long as the overall rate of infection i the country is low enough. 

Overall infection rate is not 15 mexicans only, it is 15 of 500 tested... only valid ratio is south korean one... they tested 250000 people or 5000 in million... use their rates and more or less you can project them to the world... no symptoms doesn t mean - no virus or no danger... plain stupid and selfish....

Guns n morons!

13 minutes ago, Lio said:

Not even a week ago Italy went into lockdown. Two weeks ago we would've said it was impossible. It spreads fast. And I find it really curious Mexico only has 12 cases but 4 have already healed.

Incubation is a few days at least. It's just plain dumb, if not criminal, to have a festival in these times.

Yes Italy went into lock down because they'd had rampant community transmission that went unchecked for ages. 

Most cases of this result in a little sniffle that most shrug off quickly, it's just about people with symptoms not spreading it.

There's big events going on all around the world. The world cannot stop while we wait for this to die down.

You've got an R of about 3 for an ill person at a large event, about the same as going to the pub. 

I noticed a news story a out Post malone being heavily criticised for not cancelling a Denver show this week. 

GNR are currently getting away without criticism for continuing this tour, probably for one reason....because it's not in the US or Europe and hasn't been given attention. 

The minimum they should do here is give people the option of not attending if they're either sick or don't want to go. 

This isn't 'show must go on' stoicism. This is 'money means more that people's health or concerns'. 

To view it any other way is insane. Arguments about 'oh we're not sure whether cancelling concerts will reduce the risk that much etc' are now utterly redundant. We're beyond that stage- as evidenced by the fact that virtually every other tour or big event has been cancelled on the side of precaution. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I noticed a news story a out Post malone being heavily criticised for not cancelling a Denver show this week. 

GNR are currently getting away without criticism for continuing this tour, probably for one reason....because it's not in the US or Europe and hasn't been given attention. 

The minimum they should do here is give people the option of not attending if they're either sick or don't want to go. 

This isn't 'show must go on' stoicism. This is 'money means more that people's health or concerns'. 

To view it any other way is insane. Arguments about 'oh we're not sure whether cancelling concerts will reduce the risk that much etc' are now utterly redundant. We're beyond that stage- as evidenced by the fact that virtually every other tour or big event has been cancelled on the side of precaution. 

Tbh most events are going ahead as planned atm.

I do think they should allow refunds if people are worried, but oh well.

Again large events actually pose little risk.

We've got the likes of the horse race festival going ahead in the UK.

And it's no more danger than going to the pub/club. And they're still packed out at the weekend.

I now have mixed feelings about the current situation. Maybe GNR is right in going on with the show to try to make things "normal" again.  I don't know. I do remember the aftermath of 9/11 and how sports came back at the time. NY Giants, Mets and Yankees played their heart out to give fans something to cheer about. 

One thing I have to say is that I hope this makes people realize that we need a change in leadership come November. I've never seen anything like this. Leadership has been lacking since the beginning of this situation here in the States. That's all I will say about that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Tbh most events are going ahead as planned atm.

I do think they should allow refunds if people are worried, but oh well.

Again large events actually pose little risk.

We've got the likes of the horse race festival going ahead in the UK.

And it's no more danger than going to the pub/club. And they're still packed out at the weekend.

The UK's response is frankly absurd. Even the World Health Organisation are expressing surprise at the complete lack of activity and advice. But then we have a moron In charge, so no surprises . It will change though in the next few days, as the government is set to be forced to do a u-turn. 

However many times you want to say 'large events don't pose a risk' is irrelevant here. People across all countries disagree, and virtually all tours are being cancelled, however many times you want to say they're not.  Live Nation themselves are cancelling everything they're putting on....which these days is nearly every major tour. 

We're beyond debates here- get the fucking thing cancelled and worry about health rather than money. No-one needs to go to a concert. If it's a precaution so what? 

3 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I now have mixed feelings about the current situation. Maybe GNR is right in going on with the show to try to make things "normal" again.  I don't know. I do remember the aftermath of 9/11 and how sports came back at the time. NY Giants, Mets and Yankees played their heart out to give fans something to cheer about. 

One thing I have to say is that I hope this makes people realize that we need a change in leadership come November. I've never seen anything like this. Leadership has been lacking since the beginning of this situation here in the States. That's all I will say about that. 

9/11 was very different to this though. 

You think leadership is bad in the US? Have a look at the UK! Arguably even worse. 

28 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

However many times you want to say 'large events don't pose a risk' is irrelevant here. People across all countries disagree, and virtually all tours are being cancelled, however many times you want to say they're not. 

The government advice says otherwise.

You don't like our leadership but they're doing a frankly amazing job. We have a science back approach that will minimise the impact to our health service and "flatten the curve" as we so often hear.

The fact that you don't know/understand the UK approach to dealing with the virus doesn't give you a pass to start spreading fake news around.

As the London dates are during the predicted peak I could see them being postponed to a later date. But the optimism we've seen from the Killers might mean they've been told the events can go ahead.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

The UK shows in May? No chance in hell they're going head is my guess. 

Same here

1 hour ago, Lio said:

This

1 hour ago, -Jaro- said:

Guns n morons!

I hate this f***ing band

Edited by Italian girl

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

You don't like our leadership but they're doing a frankly amazing job. We have a science back approach that will minimise the impact to our health service and "flatten the curve" as we so often hear.

The fact that you don't know/understand the UK approach to dealing with the virus doesn't give you a pass to start spreading fake news around.

As the London dates are during the predicted peak I could see them being postponed to a later date. But the optimism we've seen from the Killers might mean they've been told the events can go ahead.

I wonder who has the crystal ball then, because scientists here say it's impossible to make accurate estimates because it's a new virus. Our scientists can only guess. But of course I hope all countries come out of this without too many disasters, no matter which measures they take, or not. I'll just stay at home a few weeks. Better safe than sorry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

They're doing an amazing job?! Science backed?! Ah....the cry of the 'fake news'.

What are you going to say when they announce their u-turn on advice? Still 'doing amazing job'?! 

Here's something for you to chew on- I'm in self isolation. I may have Coronavirus. I may not. They won't test me....because (despite advice from WHO) they're not bothering to test. The advice I'm getting is mixed and pathetic. I have breathing problems. There's no help- just mixed messages and a jackass mini-trump telling us to wash out hands. 

So yeah- no 'fake news' here. Get this shit shut down. Get some leaders who know how to lead. And take this seriously. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lio said:

I wonder who has the crystal ball then, because scientists here say it's impossible to make accurate estimates because it's a new virus. Our scientists can only guess. But of course I hope all countries come out of this without too many disasters, no matter which measures they take, or not. I'll just stay at home a few weeks. Better safe than sorry.

Yes but the UK approach is to time it so that the harshest measures come during the peak.

With countries like Italy (and most of Europe) we see the harshest measures implemented too early. Their populations will fatigue.

The country cannot go on full lockdown for too long or the country collapses, which leads to way bigger problems in the health service for complications unrelated to the virus. 

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes but the UK approach is to time it so that the harshest measures come during the peak.

With countries like Italy (and most of Europe) we see the harshest measures implemented too early. Their populations will fatigue.

The country cannot go on full lockdown for too long or the country collapses, which leads to way bigger problems in the health service for complications unrelated to the virus. 

If anything, I think Italy reacted too late. Patients are lying in tents now as there is no room in hospitals. But well, we'll see. All scientists here were unanymous, very strict measures were necessary to make sure our health system wouldn't collapse, to flatten the curve. The target here is to prevent a total lockdown like we see in Italy.

I can't pretend to know anything about viruses, epidemics or our health system, so I'll just believe what scientists say. And because government listened to them, I'm happy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

The UK's response is frankly absurd. Even the World Health Organisation are expressing surprise at the complete lack of activity and advice. But then we have a moron In charge, so no surprises . It will change though in the next few days, as the government is set to be forced to do a u-turn. 

However many times you want to say 'large events don't pose a risk' is irrelevant here. People across all countries disagree, and virtually all tours are being cancelled, however many times you want to say they're not.  Live Nation themselves are cancelling everything they're putting on....which these days is nearly every major tour. 

We're beyond debates here- get the fucking thing cancelled and worry about health rather than money. No-one needs to go to a concert. If it's a precaution so what? 

9/11 was very different to this though. 

You think leadership is bad in the US? Have a look at the UK! Arguably even worse. 

With all due respect, you don't live in this area. Yes, it's different  due to this being a virus. However, there was grief and fear in this area. Fear of what was going to come next. Fear as to when or if Al-Qaeda would strike the NYC area again. It was a scary time to live in much like now. 

1 minute ago, Draguns said:

With all due respect, you don't live in this area. Yes, it's different  due to this being a virus. However, there was grief and fear in this area. Fear of what was going to come next. Fear as to when or if Al-Qaeda would strike the NYC area again. It was a scary time to live in much like now. 

Sure.....but we're not exactly terror free here you know? I'm old enough to remember being very afraid of the IRA, not to mention the arena bombings, tube attacks etc. It's all bleak shit- but the response from people is always admirable. 

There's always that 'business as usual' approach after any terror attack we have (especially the tube bombings) but that approach really doesn't apply here. The opposite in fact. We all need to get used to the fact that for a while at least, it very much isn't 'business as usual'...and that includes the business of multi-million dollar earning rock bands too. 

• GNFNR 1