Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

5 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

There's talk of Coachella being cancelled too.

They didn't play So Fine, did they?

No, but it was on the setlists.

12 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

i asked live nation about this. they said the tour (europe) will go on as planned, unless authorities shut it down. so everyone relax for now

Thanks. How about South America and North America? Did they say anything about those?

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

Im becoming ok with a future release titled UYI 3 and 4.

Uyi 3 can be redone CD2 stuff, and 4 is all new music.

You have bands like led zep that had albums 2,3, and 4. Gnr can do someting similar.

If TB has half a brain i really hope they milk the illusions anniversary as much as possible. Stage show, billboards everywhere, dvd and demo boxsets,overpriced merch. Reiisue of the orange/blue illusions shirt. If ever there was an opportune time to milk the fanbase this would be it.

Exactly. Like I said in the new album thread; UYI1 was mostly AFD leftovers anyways, while UYI2 was mostly legit new stuff. Perfect opportunity to do that again. They won’t, tho, knowing them. We’d be lucky if we even get the cd2 leftovers, at this point.

30 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

i asked live nation about this. they said the tour (europe) will go on as planned, unless authorities shut it down. so everyone relax for now

What else are they going to say?  Yes, but we haven't announced it yet.  Can you tell everyone for us.  Thanks so much!

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, StayofExecution2020 said:

Basically that's a "we don't know" then. 

Government has announced in the UK that they are currently considering the banning of big events as they move into stage two of their plan. 

Edited by allwaystired

9 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

That's good for fans who can't buy them now. That's why logistics and marketing exist:blink:

It's amazing that people are rooting for a band they are supposed to be a  fan of to cancel a tour and screw over everyone that relies on these events for their families just so they feel better.

Only shows that are endangered are the Italian ones because that's where the virus is concentrated

Again, simply not true. 

No-one wants anyone to be 'screwed over'. 

The Italian shows are quite clearly not the only ones 'endangered'. 

• Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Basically that's a "we don't know" then. 

Government has announced in the UK that they are currently considering the banning of big events as they move into stage two of their plan. 

*suspending for a few weeks

Just to correct you there.

Again the tour will go ahead.

Italy has been very extreme in their response (possibly too harsh) and they've only postponed events for a few weeks. And they're by far the worst impacted.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Again, simply not true. 

No-one wants anyone to be 'screwed over'. 

The Italian shows are quite clearly not the only ones 'endangered'. 

Of course no one here wants that. That's not stopping @Gibsonfender2323from stating it as fact though.

As soon as people run out of arguments, they always resort to the "you must not be a real fan" line of thought.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

*suspending for a few weeks

Just to correct you there.

Again the tour will go ahead.

Italy has been very extreme in their response (possibly too harsh) and they've only postponed events for a few weeks. And they're by far the worst impacted.

Again, you have zero idea if the tour will go ahead or not. 

7 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Of course no one here wants that. That's not stopping @Gibsonfender2323from stating it as fact though.

As soon as people run out of arguments, they always resort to the "you must not be a real fan" line of thought.

It's the old thing isn't it? 

Weirdly though, this thread isn't about any criticism of the band - it's discussing a practical issue, that will ultimately be out of the hands of the band. 

• GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Again, you have zero idea if the tour will go ahead or not. 

Untrue, as another user said Livenation have confirmed, the tour is currently planned to go ahead.

To try and say anything else is just scaremongering imo.

The tour will go ahead.

• Like 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Untrue, as another user said Livenation have confirmed, the tour is currently planned to go ahead.

The tour will go ahead.

No- Livenation has said it isn't cancelled at the moment, but might be. 

No-one is 'scaremongering' at all. A variety of major events and tours are being cancelled. This is a fact. 

You have no idea if the tour will go ahead. Nor do any of us. 

• GNFNR 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

No- Livenation has said it isn't cancelled at the moment, but might be. 

No-one is 'scaremongering' at all. A variety of major events and tours are being cancelled. This is a fact. 

You have no idea if the tour will go ahead. Nor do any of us. 

Nope they said the Europe tour is set to go ahead as planned, unless there is some sudden interference. 

YOU are scaremongering. 

All the facts point to the tour going ahead, you are just speculating and scaremongering. 

The tour is ready to go ahead, and I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

• Like 1

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Nope they said the Europe tour is set to go ahead as planned, unless there is some sudden interference. 

YOU are scaremongering. 

All the facts point to the tour going ahead, you are just speculating and scaremongering. 

The tour is ready to go ahead, and I'm sure everyone will have a great time.

Right.....so it's going ahead unless it's cancelled by some "sudden interference". Which is what the entire thread is about. That "sudden interference" being the coronavirus. 

I don't see any scaremongering at all. I see people speculating as to whether the tour, like many other events, may not happen because of an international public health crisis. 

I mean, I admire your dogged refusal to accept world events here in a way, but you know as little as any of us about whether this tour will need to be cancelled. 

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Right.....so it's going ahead unless it's cancelled by some "sudden interference". Which is what the entire thread is about. That "sudden interference" being the coronavirus. 

I don't see any scaremongering at all. I see people speculating as to whether the tour, like many other events, may not happen because of an international public health crisis. 

I mean, I admire your dogged refusal to accept world events here in a way, but you know as little as any of us about whether this tour will need to be cancelled. 

Yes unless the umber of cases was to drastically increase far beyond what we've seen so far. As the numbers of recovery cases in China (epicentre) are already outstripping new cases there is no reason to speculate this will not happen elsewhere.

You are absolutely scaremongering, you have no facts to back up your claims. So far we've seen the worst hit place in Europe (Italy) put sporting events behind closed doors, yet they will soon reopen to the public.

Again by the time the GNR tour rolls around events will be taking place in Italy.

" but you know as little as any of us about whether this tour will need to be cancelled. " - Yet LiveNation have directly refuted this claim. 

Stop your scaremongering.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think by May things will be a bit more relaxed. At the moment, everything is about this virus! but, I think most of us with decent memories can recall similar hysteria over everything from mad cow disease and everything in between. Not saying it isn't a problem, but I think right now for this month you might see further cancellations for precaution! but as we get into April and May, people will not be half as worried. End of the day, unless you're in bad shape, you should have the immune system to fight this off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Yes unless the umber of cases was to drastically increase far beyond what we've seen so far. As the numbers of recovery cases in China (epicentre) are already outstripping new cases there is no reason to speculate this will not happen elsewhere.

You are absolutely scaremongering, you have no facts to back up your claims. So far we've seen the worst hit place in Europe (Italy) put sporting events behind closed doors, yet they will soon reopen to the public.

Again by the time the GNR tour rolls around events will be taking place in Italy.

" but you know as little as any of us about whether this tour will need to be cancelled. " - Yet LiveNation have directly refuted this claim. 

I can't keep going over this really, as it's ridiculous. 

Live Nation has said it's currently not cancelled. But might be if there is any 'interference'. Of course this is what they will say. The only other thing they could possible say is "yeah, it's going to get cancelled." At the moment it isn't. 

There is total reason to speculate that this tour might have to be cancelled. Not being able to see this shows an, at best, willful ignorance of world events. 

29 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

The tour will go ahead.

The operative word there is “currently”. That means at this very moment there are no plans of postponing. The tour is still a few months off, we don’t know what will happen. It isn’t fear mongering to think about the possibility, and from a PR standpoint all LN can say right now is that there aren’t any plans to cancel any shows. That will be the answer until the moment something is cancelled. 

These same discussions are happening on the Iron Maiden Fan Club - they sent out an email in regards to the the FC trip to Japan for those gigs in where the situation stands, and basically said the band has no plans to cancel any dates unless advised/restricted otherwise by any governments. Everyone is going crazy saying “that’s it, the tour is going ahead as planned!”. But with even more events in Japan getting cancelled since that email went out a few days ago, it doesn’t necessarily bode well for Maiden. Their gig in Tel Aviv is another one up in the air because as of yesterday Israel has restricted access to the country for people arriving from 8 different European countries, and restricted gatherings of 5000+ people. So yeah, while currently the band isn’t planning to cancel any gigs yet, there’s some indicators that it may end up happening. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Why the debate? No one knows how it will go. As for Italy, up until yesterday, the Strade Bianche and other cycling events were set to go as planned. By now, they've cancelled the cycling events in March. How could anyone then possibly say anything about shows in a few months? Infections will keep going up for a while, most people getting it now come back from skiing in Italy, but they've been going to work and to school for days before they got sick. So who knows how it will go?

I don't believe GNR will cancel a tour and blame covid-19. I think that's typical forum negativity. But events may be canceled because government doesn't allow them. No one can predict how the situation will evolve.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I think by May things will be a bit more relaxed. At the moment, everything is about this virus! but, I think most of us with decent memories can recall similar hysteria over everything from mad cow disease and everything in between. Not saying it isn't a problem, but I think right now for this month you might see further cancellations for precaution! but as we get into April and May, people will not be half as worried. End of the day, unless you're in bad shape, you should have the immune system to fight this off.

I think the spike in cases is predicted for May (it is in the UK certainly) so I think the majority of cancellations would be then in this country. Possibly - who knows? 

1 minute ago, Lio said:

Why the debate? No one knows how it will go. As for Italy, up until yesterday, the Strade Bianche and other cycling events were set to go as planned. By now, they've cancelled the cycling events in March. How could anyone then possibly say anything about shows in a few months? Infections will keep going up for a while, most people getting it now come back from skiing in Italy, but they've been going to work and to school for days before they got sick. So who knows how it will go?

I don't believe GNR will cancel a tour and blame covid-19. I think that's typical forum negativity. But events may be canceled because government doesn't allow them. No one can predict how the situation will evolve.

i can't for the life of me work out why there's an absolute passionate and angry insistence that the tour will go ahead. 

As you say, WE DON'T KNOW is the only possible answer here, from anyone! 

Just now, allwaystired said:

I can't keep going over this really, as it's ridiculous. 

Live Nation has said it's currently not cancelled. But might be if there is any 'interference'. Of course this is what they will say. The only other thing they could possible say is "yeah, it's going to get cancelled." At the moment it isn't. 

There is total reason to speculate that this tour might have to be cancelled. Not being able to see this shows an, at best, willful ignorance of world events. 

Yes I agree, you are being ridiculous.

So currently they say it is going ahead? Again glad you agree.

The virus would have to really explode to impact the tour in may onward. And there is no evidence to suggest Europe will deal with it worse than China.

Just now, GNR_RNR said:

Yes I agree, you are being ridiculous.

So currently they say it is going ahead? Again glad you agree.

The virus would have to really explode to impact the tour in may onward. And there is no evidence to suggest Europe will deal with it worse than China.

Huh?! Of course I say it is currently going ahead! It hasn't been cancelled! 

Is this some sort of a windup?!