Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Glad I agree it currently isn't cancelled? Got you. 

Very good, that's more like it. See how nice it is to not be actively trying to contribute to the hysteria.

Roll on the EU/NA tour.

1 minute ago, GNR_RNR said:

Very good, that's more like it. See how nice it is to not be actively trying to contribute to the hysteria.

Roll on the EU/NA tour.

Oh, I'm totally hysterical here. I'm in a blind panic about it all. Can hardly sit still for worrying. 

It's great that I've got your cast-iron guarantee that I could still attend a GNR show this summer though. It puts me at ease. 

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, I'm totally hysterical here. I'm in a blind panic about it all. Can hardly sit still for worrying. 

You really are. Hope you've done your prepping and you've stock piled some masks.

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's great that I've got your cast-iron guarantee that I could still attend a GNR show this summer though. It puts me at ease. 

Again didn't say that. 

Nothing is cast iron, you could be hit by some falling space debris tomorrow.

But going from the facts there is currently a GNR tour set to roll through the EU and NA (After south america I may add).

23 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I think the spike in cases is predicted for May (it is in the UK certainly) so I think the majority of cancellations would be then in this country. Possibly - who knows? 

We have heard every prediction. Everything from "it won't spread" through to "Doomsday 2020". Just watch where you get your news from, even in this there are plenty of people who are making money, so there's plenty of misinformation and speculation rather than fact. Like you said who knows!? but you can also say that about any show, at any time, bands cancel all the time! no point worrying about it before it's happened or even been hinted towards. 

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

We have heard every prediction. Everything from "it won't spread" through to "Doomsday 2020". Just watch where you get your news from, even in this there are plenty of people who are making money, so there's plenty of misinformation and speculation rather than fact. Like you said who knows!? but you can also say that about any show, at any time, bands cancel all the time! no point worrying about it before it's happened or even been hinted towards. 

Oh, don't worry- I my line of work I have to be very aware of what news sources I can trust and what I can't!

I'm very conscious of mis-information. 

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Correct.  Everybody needs to remember that the news media are a business, not some group of altruistic truthtellers.  That goes for EVERY news source.

Look how little coverage the Memphis tornado got in comparison to an approaching and landfalling hurricane.  With the Hurricane they can scare people into watching and also have the "watching a car wreck" effect.  The tornado all they can do is show pictures and report the death toll.  Of course, the tornado killed 24 people which is more than the vast majority of hurricanes will cause.  It's all about viewers and clicks.

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Oh, don't worry- I my line of work I have to be very aware of what news sources I can trust and what I can't!

I'm very conscious of mis-information

And now I just got the idea that you are in fact Donald Trump:lol:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Sons Of Apollo recently cancelled their European tour because of the virus.

I wouldn't be surprised if GN'R cancelled theirs too.

Whole other kettle of fish. SOA unfortunately landed in Europe right in the middle of a panic, also! they are a new band and can't afford the cost of touring if 2,3 or 4 shows get cut on a run. GNR are playing in May and even if they can't play one show, they are big enough that they can still earn a significant amount on all other dates to cover costs.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Of course no one here wants that. That's not stopping @Gibsonfender2323from stating it as fact though.

As soon as people run out of arguments, they always resort to the "you must not be a real fan" line of thought.

I only said that to someone who actually said they deserve to have the tour canceled. I did not mention anyone else  just the person I was quoted who said they thought that GNR deserves to have the tour cancelled 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, James Bond said:

The UK just moved to stage 2 with their first confirmed death, so they could be taking some more drastic measures shortly.

Very sad to hear of the fatality but it was an elderly patient with underlying health issues, the same as the vast majority of death related to this virus.

I do suspect the UK will implement advice to work from home where possible just to help ease things.

There's currently disagreement as to what stage we're in "contain" or "delay".

Cases will look to spike at some point,  just a matter of time, and then it'll be a test of to see how the health service copes.

But it's still true that the biggest issues from this are people raiding shops, critical people not turning up to work for fear of transmission and economic damage incurred. 

15 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

That's good for fans who can't buy them now. That's why logistics and marketing exist:blink:

It's amazing that people are rooting for a band they are supposed to be a  fan of to cancel a tour and screw over everyone that relies on these events for their families just so they feel better.

Only shows that are endangered are the Italian ones because that's where the virus is concentrated

1 hour ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

I only said that to someone who actually said they deserve to have the tour canceled. I did not mention anyone else  just the person I was quoted who said they thought that GNR deserves to have the tour cancelled 

No... I'm on mobile, so this post got a little screwed up, but what the person (RedHook) actually said was:

"They may cancel and blame it on coronavirus but the real reason will be low ticket sales. Take a look at the NY/NJ and Chicago shows, you can still buy tickets for every section including Pit tickets. If these shows happened tomorrow these places would be empty."

So...mo...you didn't quote someone who said" GNR deserves to have the tour canceled". You replied to someone who has a very valid point about tickets for this tour being insanely poor. 

They stated a fact, then you replied by trying to play the You Must Not Be A Real Fan card about "people" on here rooting for the band to fail so they can "make themselves feel better". 

And again, no one on this board is rooting for the band to fail. The awful ticket sales for this tour are no ones fault but GNR, not the fans on a forum who've tried to support GN'R for years. 

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No... I'm on mobile, so this post got a little screwed up, but what the person (RedHook) actually said was:

"They may cancel and blame it on coronavirus but the real reason will be low ticket sales. Take a look at the NY/NJ and Chicago shows, you can still buy tickets for every section including Pit tickets. If these shows happened tomorrow these places would be empty."

So...mo...you didn't quote someone who said" GNR deserves to have the tour canceled". You replied to someone who has a very valid point about tickets for this tour being insanely poor. 

They stated a fact, then you replied by trying to play the You Must Not Be A Real Fan card about "people" on here rooting for the band to fail so they can "make themselves feel better". 

And again, no one on this board is rooting for the band to fail. The awful ticket sales for this tour are no ones fault but GNR, not the fans on a forum who've tried to support GN'R for years. 

He said.

"And these fuckers deserve this after teasing a new album that turns out to be a bait & switch of them same show from the past 5 years."

That's what I replied to. 

Edited by Gibsonfender2323

15 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

He said.

"And these fuckers deserve this after teasing a new album that turns out to be a bait & switch of them same show from the past 5 years."

That's what I replied to. 

LOL, no.....I'm not sure why you're attempting to argue this but here's a screen shot for you:

Screenshot_20200305-143508_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

LOL, no.....I'm not sure why you're attempting to argue this but here's a screen shot for you:

Screenshot_20200305-143508_Chrome.jpg

Again the full quote is  I just did not quote the rest of it

16 hours ago, RedHook said:

They may cancel and blame it on coronavirus but the real reason will be low ticket sales. Take a look at the NY/NJ and Chicago shows, you can still buy tickets for every section including Pit tickets. If these shows happened tomorrow these places would be empty.

And these fuckers deserve this after teasing a new album that turns out to be a bait & switch of them same show from the past 5 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Again the full quote is  I just did not quote the rest of it

Right....so as I said: that's not what you were replying to. 

What you actually did was quote the part where he stated a fact, then you made it sound as if "people" on here are rooting for GNR to fail, then you insinuated that they're not real fans. 

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

It's honestly such a weird thing when fans of the band are wanting a tour cancelled due to a virus.

This community can be a bit crazy.

Wait. What? No one wants the tour canceled because of a virus...